Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: New Red Pocket Annual Plan 3GB ($21.25)

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by raderator View Post
    The H20 $27 3GB deal has unlimited throttled. Plus you pay monthly. ATT only tho.
    And sadly no MMS on iPhones unless jailbroken.

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    The H20 $27 3GB deal has unlimited throttled. Plus you pay monthly. ATT only tho.
    Throttled 8 mbps data (not too much of a problem) and the 3GB is only a promo. The promo is only to new customers though the promo has been running for the whole year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by persim View Post
    One small issue I have noticed. About once a day, my data connection will drop for a minute or two. When it reconnects, it will always be in 3G. This can be remedied by a quick airplane mode toggle and everything is back to normal LTE connection.
    I've seen this happen before. Its not just Red Pocket. It's a Verizon MVNO thing and certain phones.

What happens with VZ without VoLTE is when you make a phone call, the phone switches to 1x CDMA to make the call. Sometimes when you are done with the call it doesn't switch back and you have no data.

Driving to another tower causes it to switch to LTE or turning airplane mode on and off.

Some phones do a better job of switching between 1x and LTE. Some providers or native VZ have VoLTE so the phone stays in LTE mode when making a call. Also, some older VZ phones have two radios, one for CDMA data and phone calls, and another with LTE. So they don't really experience this.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman1 View Post
    I've seen this happen before. Its not just Red Pocket. It's a Verizon MVNO thing and certain phones.

What happens with VZ without VoLTE is when you make a phone call, the phone switches to 1x CDMA to make the call. Sometimes when you are done with the call it doesn't switch back and you have no data.

Driving to another tower causes it to switch to LTE or turning airplane mode on and off.

Some phones do a better job of switching between 1x and LTE. Some providers or native VZ have VoLTE so the phone stays in LTE mode when making a call. Also, some older VZ phones have two radios, one for CDMA data and phone calls, and another with LTE. So they don't really experience this.
    I agree with your observation as I have seen that before but it's not applicable in this situation.

I am not making any phone calls. The data connection just drops out of nowhere.

This is something I noticed as soon as I switched to Red Pocket that was not happening on Boom. Same phone and same use cases for the phone.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q (PP w QNC)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I'll be switching to a different Red Pocket eBay plan in a month. Do I have to buy the kit or will they just do it over the phone? How about when it's the same plan?

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    I'll be switching to a different Red Pocket eBay plan in a month. Do I have to buy the kit or will they just do it over the phone? How about when it's the same plan?
    You will have to order the plan from ebay. They will send you a code in which you will renew online. They will give instructions when the code is purchased as well.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Anyone's pings suddenly drop? I was consistently getting 100 - 110 ms, now it's down to 28 - 38 ms.

Proxy is AT&T Mobility LLC. Not sure if it was the same when I was pulling the higher pings.

Feedback Score
    You don't have to use a new SIM card though. I ordered a few RP plans and had SIMs already at my house. I was able to activate these existing SIMs with the new pin without waiting for the new SIMs. Also, if you already have RP, you can have them apply the activation code to your existing account without waiting for the sim to arrive in the mail.

Feedback Score
    Hello,

Thinking of switching from Lycamobile to Red Pocket before my billing cycle ends on 10/3.

If I order from eBay or Amazon today and can I expect to receive in a week and hopefully can port out the number by 10/3?

Feedback Score
    Don't see why not. Amazon has 2 day shipping and according to their page for the Red pocket plans will deliver on Thurs the 21st.

Feedback Score
    When I tried to activate & port online, the form kept giving me this error message:

ERROR: Invalid Zipcode, Street Name Not Found in the Zip Code

Did anybody else have the same issue??

I ended up calling the customer service and have them put in the request over the phone. Will see how long it takes to get processed.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soseono View Post
    When I tried to activate & port online, the form kept giving me this error message:

ERROR: Invalid Zipcode, Street Name Not Found in the Zip Code

Did anybody else have the same issue??

I ended up calling the customer service and have them put in the request over the phone. Will see how long it takes to get processed.
    I had this exact issue earlier today when I tried to port.

I ended up doing it via their (extremely slow to respond) chat, and in the end ported successfully.

The bad news: download speeds are in the toilet. I ported from H2O so was expecting essentially nothing to change other than to whom I paid money. Instead, mobile speed tests on 4G are all coming in at around 0.5Mbps regardless of location. H2O may be throttled to 8Mbit now but I was used to seeing that (or close to it) most of the time.

If <1Mbit is the norm then I won't be staying with RP. I had the exact same problem with Cricket, and can only assume it is something to do with their proxy servers. Maybe H2O will be seeing me again sooner rather than later.

Device(s)
    Rival
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Which network did you pick? Since Red Pocket uses all 4, try one of the others.

Cricket is TMobile, which is terrible in my area, too. Since H2O worked for you, try Verizon or Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Cricket is At&t. I was on red pocket a few weeks ago on the Att network and D/L speeds were fine. No telling how many new customers they have taken on recently because of all these promotions.

Device(s)
    Rival
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You’re right. Thanks.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast