Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: New Red Pocket Annual Plan 3GB ($21.25)

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket GSMA
    Feedback Score
    I ordered the annual 3gb plan from Amazon. Received the package in 2 days with prime. Was not trouble free. The port from H2O took about 2 hours, but RP gave me an error, I had not purchased airtime, it said. I had no service at all. So it took an email and about a 20 minute chat with no immediate solution other than "wait up to 24 hours". It turned out to be about 14 hours without service. Wouldn't be so bad if it was me, but my wife was miffed to be without her phone.

I had promised her the change would be seamless. Not a good start with Red Pocket.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket GSMA
    Feedback Score
    Further update on my Red Pocket porting/activation. My wife is happy with the service. After the initial glitch detailed above, she felt Red Pocket CS was very helpful.

I ported and switched myself this morning. I had no issues, the port took about 90 minutes, and the RP service was fully up in just 10 more minutes. All done online, no interaction with RP customer service was necessary. So, I amend this "review" to a thumbs up.

Mark

Feedback Score
    I ported my wife's phone yesterday afternoon from Cricket to Red Pocket GSMA. 15 hours later, voice works, but no SMS or data. Was on the phone with them for about an hour this morning. They told me it could take up to 72 hours.

Feedback Score
    Awesome price, I'd take this over mint Sim ... One question, can you switch which network you want to be on whenever you want, like straight talk/net10, assuming you purchase corresponding Sim, I ask because I tend to move a lot and sometimes at&t is better, sometimes Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Awesome price, I'd take this over mint Sim ... One question, can you switch which network you want to be on whenever you want, like straight talk/net10, assuming you purchase corresponding Sim, I ask because I tend to move a lot and sometimes at&t is better, sometimes Verizon.
    On their website faq, it says you have to wait until the end of your contract. On month to month, not a big deal. Not sure if this means you have to wait the whole year on a yearly deal.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    You buried the lede.

"Disclaimer: Switching between networks is recommended after current plan expires. That way, you won't lose any service credits. An inter-transfer is treated as a new activation and new plan purchase."

P.S. Finally used lede correctly on my own. Whoopee!
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    You buried the lede.
    Not sure what a lede is, but I was on my phone at the time and couldn't find the exact sentence. Thanks for finding that. Kind of a bummer, though. I thought you could change more easily than that.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So changing plans internally forfeits remaining airtime? Or does remaining airtime transfer?

Feedback Score
    "....Switching between networks is recommended after current plan expires. That way, you won't lose any service credits...."

Merriam Webster
    Lede: the introductory section of a news story that is intended to entice the reader to read the full story

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman1 View Post
    I ported my wife's phone yesterday afternoon from Cricket to Red Pocket GSMA. 15 hours later, voice works, but no SMS or data. Was on the phone with them for about an hour this morning. They told me it could take up to 72 hours.
    End up changing to CDMA. Same speed as Boom for my wife. No Volte.

Feedback Score
    I'm currently on one of RP's 30 day plans that I ordered from Amazon for $29.75. Mainly wanted to try them out before committing to a longer plan. I made a few posts on the other current RP thread concerning my not so smooth transition. They did switch me to the ATT side after it was determined that things weren't going to work well on the Verizon side and there was no issue with transferring my account balance.
    I think at most I will consider the $153 6-month. At $25.50 that's still a very reasonable plan and just about as good as you will find. I just don't trust these mvno's enough to fork out $255 to any of them. For those that remember RP was the company that pulled the rug out from under a bunch of us (me included) a couple of years when they suddenly discontinued and cut off service on their 500mb for $5 plan.
    Granted I don't think many lost their money but it was a crappy thing to do.

Feedback Score
    You would think it wouldn't be an issue but has anyone been able to apply one of these 6-12 mos plans to an existing account?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ces1948 View Post
    You would think it wouldn't be an issue but has anyone been able to apply one of these 6-12 mos plans to an existing account?
    I don't think it's an issue. It's like renewing. I had to purchase an ebay package. Then instead of activating the new SIM, they just applied the Access code to my account. I had to wait until a day or two before my current account expired, otherwise I would lose the remaining days left on my current account.

They have no way of adding a code and just having it start after the current plan expires, from what they told me.

Feedback Score
    Interesting thing is that the 3GB Amazon plan seems to have unlimited low speed after the 3GB LTE is used up. That's pretty cool/unexpected. Checked my account on the web site:
    Account Status:
    Active
    Account Plan:
    Annual 3GB Plan
    Plan Expiration Date :
    August 31st, 2017
    Available Voice Minutes:
    Unlimited
    Available Text Messages:
    Unlimited
    Available High Speed Data (MB):
    Available Reduced Speed Data (MB):