Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: New Red Pocket Annual Plan 3GB ($21.25)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman1 View Post
    Interesting thing is that the 3GB Amazon plan seems to have unlimited low speed after the 3GB LTE is used up. That's pretty cool/unexpected. Checked my account on the web site:
    Account Status:
    Active
    Account Plan:
    Annual 3GB Plan
    Plan Expiration Date :
    August 31st, 2017
    Available Voice Minutes:
    Unlimited
    Available Text Messages:
    Unlimited
    Available High Speed Data (MB):
    Available Reduced Speed Data (MB):
    Unlimited
    I saw that on mine as well.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    That portal has been had very strange info in the past. I really hope it's accurate in this case, because that would make this an even better deal!

Feedback Score
    Just spent some time on chat with CS JM at Red Pocket. At the end of the chat I asked him about what happens after the 3GB LTE is used up

Me: People are reporting that after the 3GB is used up there will still be low speed data available. is that correct?
    CS JM: Yes that is correct, it will slow to 2G speeds.

So confirmation on the low speed after using up the 3GB. The plan is even better than I thought. I also asked about VoLTE and he said,

CS JM: We do not have VoLTE at the moment.

I assume that means that it will be available at some future date.

Feedback Score
    Seems to contradict the info from the amazon link:

"It is hard capped after use of the 3GB of LTE service. However, mid-month LTE data add-ons are available for this plan, for those months where you need just a little extra." (answered by: RedPocket seller)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    "Disclaimer: Switching between networks is recommended after current plan expires. That way, you won't lose any service credits. An inter-transfer is treated as a new activation and new plan purchase."
    Talked to Red Pocket CS. They said that you can change networks. It is an internal port. They said that you should do it at the end of the month, so that you don't lose service credits for that month. So wait until the end of your current monthly billing.

Feedback Score
    So that is a confirmation.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman1 View Post
    Talked to Red Pocket CS. They said that you can change networks. It is an internal port. They said that you should do it at the end of the month, so that you don't lose service credits for that month. So wait until the end of your current monthly billing.

How does this work if you're on an annual plan? Or it's still possible to switch networks on the monthly cycle date?

Feedback Score
    Net10 can switch your carrier anytime without losing service days, afaik. That's how it worked with straight talk and TracFone too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    How does this work if you're on an annual plan? Or it's still possible to switch networks on the monthly cycle date?
    I'm on the yearly plan. They told me to switch towards the end of the month. I think even though you are on the yearly plan, if you look on their website, at your usage, it only shows your plan being 1 month. So I'm assuming they just renew your plan every month, almost like a monthly but prepaid for a year.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^Thanks. That's what I figured. Did they say the sim cards can be re-used... Say switching from att to vzw back to att.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    ^^Thanks. That's what I figured. Did they say the sim cards can be re-used... Say switching from att to vzw back to att.
    No they can't be reused. When I ported, I ported to GSMA, then I switched to CDMA because the port wasn't working in GSMA. The csr told me the GSMA sim couldn't be used again.

Feedback Score
    Switched another line last night. This time from Boom to RP/CDMA. Submitted the form last night. Got an error. Went into chat and the RP CSR submitted it for me.

Noticed it still wasn't ported this morning, so I chatted with Boom CS, and they released my line. Within a matter of minutes it was ported. Then I just had to chat with RP CSR again and have them add my activation code for the 1 year of service on the line.

One thing to note...the service wasn't completely active until I made an outgoing phone call on my phone. There is an initially greeting that asks if you want your menus in english or spanish. Once I picked English, my call went through and everything else activated.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up. I just started an AT&T line via BlackWireless on their B1G1 month promo. When the second month is done I will hop on this.

Feedback Score
    I bought the Amazon $255/year plan yesterday. I didn't get an activation code via email yet. Am I supposed to get one by email or does it come mailed with the SIM cards? Wouldn't surprise me if the way the process works with the amazon purchase is different than the ebay annual plan purchase.

Feedback Score
    You will get an email from RedPocket Amazon Marketplace. It will give you "Additional information required from Amazon seller RedPocket" Text of message follows:

1 of Red Pocket Mobile Premium Annual Prepaid Phone Plan, No Contract, Free SIM Kit; Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text & 3 GB of LTE Data - Only $21.25/Month [ASIN: B01D50H1L2]

------------- Begin message -------------

Welcome to Red Pocket Mobile!

Your starter kit includes:

- (3) SIM cards
    - a step-by-step instructional flyer

In order to activate your service with an AT&T, T-Mobile or CDMA-LTE compatible device, or an unlocked GSM device you will need to wait for your starter kit to arrive.

If you have a Sprint compatible device or a CDMA NON-LTE compatible device, you can activate your service now by using the activation code and visiting http://www.GoRedPocket.com/Start

Your activation code is: xxxxxxxxxxx
    < this is the activation code (PIN) you need to apply to your account to change existing service to the new plan or start new service when you receive your sim kit.

It took two days to receive the PIN email

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast