Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: New Red Pocket Annual Plan 3GB ($21.25)

Feedback Score
    My email with the activation code came within a few hours of the your order has been shipped email.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know how soon the sim card needs to be activated?

Feedback Score
    I was thinking of perhaps ordering another $29.75 monthly card as I'm still kind of on the fence about a longer commitment. Wonder if that would fly?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Just an FYI don't use Red Pocket's auto apn configurator for Red Pocket AT&T. I got a moto g5 plus and used auto apn and it only got me HSPA/HSPA+. I had to go to Red Pocket's website and manually input APN to get LTE data.

Feedback Score
    What network indicators do you guys have on iPhone and Android? Do they say Red Pocket or do they say the applicable network?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade00 View Post
    What network indicators do you guys have on iPhone and Android? Do they say Red Pocket or do they say the applicable network?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    Mine says "red pocket" on the ATT side. I was on their Verizon side briefly and it said "Verizon"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ces1948 View Post
    I was thinking of perhaps ordering another $29.75 monthly card as I'm still kind of on the fence about a longer commitment. Wonder if that would fly?
    Since you can just apply the activation code to an existing account, I don't see why not. I have an existing account with RedPocket and was told by CS that all I need to do to use the new plan is apply the code to my existing account. One caution - you need to do it at the end of your service because it will overwrite a the terms / balance of the old account. I don't know if you can "stack" the codes - you will need to verify with RedPocket chat.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I was trying to port a line from Page plus to red pocket Verizon and got a message that underlying carrier would not allow it. Anybody know what that's about?

I previously ported a number from page plus successfully.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I finally got my email activation. It came within a few hours after I got the email that my SIM cards shipped.

I have had a few problems the past few months buying extra data using online easyrefill. It would take my money and it looked like everything was fine, but then I would get emails asking me to complete my order.

So I decided to call customer service (1-712-775-8777), chose 1 for English, 2 for refill. It asked for my phone number and then it asked for my "voucher code". I entered the activation code from my email. After a few "refill in progress" announcements, it said "refill success".

So I checked https://my.redpocketmobile.com for my account, and it updated immediately (so there is no stacking, since I had a few days left on my old plan). It also looks like you get unlimited 2G data after using your high speed data. Here is the cut-n-paste output:

Account Status:Active
    Account Plan:Annual 3GB Plan
    Plan Expiration Date :September 7th, 2017
    Available Voice Minutes:Unlimited
    Available Text Messages:Unlimited
    Available High Speed Data (MB):3076
    Available Reduced Speed Data (MB):Unlimited

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ces1948 View Post
    If I purchase long term will probably get a new number which I'll never use, relying on my GV number instead. Assuming I can purge personal info and change owner info online I figure it at least opens the chance of reselling the sim for some residual value unless the change triggers some kind of reset.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MRothaus View Post
    I finally got my email activation. It came within a few hours after I got the email that my SIM cards shipped.

I have had a few problems the past few months buying extra data using online easyrefill. It would take my money and it looked like everything was fine, but then I would get emails asking me to complete my order.

So I decided to call customer service (1-712-775-8777), chose 1 for English, 2 for refill. It asked for my phone number and then it asked for my "voucher code". I entered the activation code from my email. After a few "refill in progress" announcements, it said "refill success".

So I checked https://my.redpocketmobile.com for my account, and it updated immediately (so there is no stacking, since I had a few days left on my old plan). It also looks like you get unlimited 2G data after using your high speed data. Here is the cut-n-paste output:

Thank you for the summary.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    I just upgraded from the Essentials plan to the Amazon 3GB plan. I did it online by adding the Amazon PIN to my account - then verified both online and via chat. Painless and took only seconds to apply. I see the same as MRothaus on myredpocketmobile.com:

CS was very courteous and verified my new plan status. List me as a very happy camper!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southsound View Post
    I just upgraded from the Essentials plan to the Amazon 3GB plan. I did it online by adding the Amazon PIN to my account - then verified both online and via chat. Painless and took only seconds to apply. I see the same as MRothaus on myredpocketmobile.com:

CS was very courteous and verified my new plan status. List me as a very happy camper!
    Can you renew at the same rate or must you buy the card again from Amazon?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Can you renew at the same rate or must you buy the card again from Amazon?
    If it's like it is with the eBay plans, you re-buy and apply the code to your current Red Pocket account.

Feedback Score
    Boz1 is correct. Here is the "official answer" from Red Pocket CS JM:

southsound: I am a frequent poster on the Howard forums and have been touting the Amazon 3GB plan. I just upgraded to it today. Another poster asked what happens at the end of the 1 yr term - will I be able to rebuy from Red Pocket at the $255 rate or purchase from Amazon? I could wait a year to tell him but I think he'd like to know sooner than that. <<grin>> What is the official answer?

CS JM: Yes you will be able to repurchase a code and apply it on your same old number.

southsound: Purchase from Red Pocket?

CS JM: Purchase it again from Amazon.

What he didn't commit to is that the plan will still be available from Amazon at that price in 12 months. Guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast