Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: New Red Pocket Annual Plan 3GB ($21.25)

Device(s)
    Rival
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Anyone able to confirm what speed they consider "2G". This has varied considerably amoung providers from 32-256kbps.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Ok enough with the chatter how's everyone liking it so far?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    Ok enough with the chatter how's everyone liking it so far?
    Lol no kidding, I like your style!

Feedback Score
    I wonder what are the limits (what consitutes abuse ?)for Redpocket Verizon unlimited talk and text are ? eg- Voice minutes - 3000 ? Text messaging 4000 ? Anyone know ?

Feedback Score
    I have been on the annual plan for a few days now, and all is well. I have high-speed data, and I can see the usage being deducted from my 3Gb total via myredpocketmobile.com. So I do an online chat to find out the exact date that my year is up, and here is the cut-n-paste from my chat:

CS Yan Support Agent
    CS Yan: Hello. How may I help you?
    Me: I recently renewed to a new annual plan. Can you tell me the exact date the annual plan ends?
    CS Yan: Sure
    Expiration Date : 2018-09-08
    Me: That is more than a year from today...are you sure that is right?
    CS Yan: Your old plan hasn't expired yet. It is set to expired on Expiration Date : 2017-09-07. So your recent refill will apply once the old plan expires.
    -----------------
    I don't really trust his answer, because there was no high speed data left when I activated the new plan, and I have high speed data now. Also, the old plan was to expire around Aug 21, not Sept 7. I'm sure if I ask the same question in a few months I'll get a different answer.

Anyhow, if anybody else renews early on the 3gb plan that was on an existing ebay annual plan, please check your new expiration date via online chat and report the results here.

Feedback Score
    I have two phones on the Red Pocket Amazon plan. One is a Verizon branded S7 that I had on Verizon post paid, then Boom Mobile and now Red Pocket - Verizon service. The other phone was an unlocked Moto G5 Plus. The number was with Cricket and then ported to Red Pocket/GSMA/AT&T. It didn't work right, so I had Red Pocket move it to Red Pocket Verizon. Works fine now.

Both phones working fine. Data speed is the same as Boom, 5MBs. SMS, MMS working fine. Didn't have to program any APN settings.

I've traveled around the Denver area and up in the mountains in CO and it seems the same or similar to Boom, except no VoLTE.

I've noticed a few differences with and without VoLTE.
    VoLTE definitely has better voice quality on Verizon. Also being able to use voice and data at the same time.
    Non-VoLTE has better signal coverage when driving in some places. I would drop calls in certain areas with VoLTE. This doesn't happen with regular.

When newer Verizon phones (that don't have 2 radios), make a phone call without VoLTE, the phone switches to 1x network and then makes the call. Occasionally, the phone doesn't switch back immediately to LTE data. It will stay in 1x or 3g. I've had to turn on/off airplane mode to force the switch.

I had an older 2013 Moto X that had 2 radios. It was nice because you could do talk and data without VoLTE.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone else with an iPhone on Red Pocket AT&T run into facetime being disabled over cellular? I bought this plan for my Mom, and facetime was a feature that we were looking forward to using. It's all but useless now as she is so rarely connected to wifi. Was very disappointing.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ph34rful View Post
    Has anyone else with an iPhone on Red Pocket AT&T run into facetime being disabled over cellular? I bought this plan for my Mom, and facetime was a feature that we were looking forward to using. It's all but useless now as she is so rarely connected to wifi. Was very disappointing.
    This and no MMS is true for iPhones on many MVNOs. Android phones aren't affected by such issues.

See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204039 for a list of providers and what iPhone features they allow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ph34rful View Post
    I'm curious if you contacted RP support and what they had to say about it.
    A possible alternative would be Google Duo available in the app store. Very easy to use video call app.

Feedback Score
    Crapple mugtime not working as mentioned on almost all MVNOs is because crapple wants dough from the MVNOs. And the MVNOs won't cough up.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Not only MVNOs too. Even AT&T's 3mb unlimited plan couldn't do FaceTime. Not sure if it was ever fixed it or whose fault it was.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it's something the carrier is blocking maybe try it through a vpn?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice1 View Post
    Not only MVNOs too. Even AT&T's 3mb unlimited plan couldn't do FaceTime. Not sure if it was ever fixed it or whose fault it was.
    That was probably some other problem. I'm not sure what "AT&T's 3mb unlimited plan" is, but 3MB wouldn't last long using FaceTime.

The link I posted above lists AT&T as able to provide FaceTime.

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That was probably some other problem. I'm not sure what "AT&T's 3mb unlimited plan" is, but 3MB wouldn't last long using FaceTime.

The link I posted above lists AT&T as able to provide FaceTime.
    At&t has an unlimited plan that is throttled to 3mbps. That plan originally couldn't do FaceTime.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice1 View Post
    At&t has an unlimited plan that is throttled to 3mbps. That plan originally couldn't do FaceTime.
    Ok. But you said "3mb", so thanks for correcting it to "3mbps" in your subsequent post.

I didn't know AT&T had such a plan. Thank you.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast