Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unlocked Verizon iPhone 6 that has been used on Cricket to Sprint. Will it work?

Carrier(s)
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Sprint sells an BYOD SIM card for $10.00 at the retail store location. In order to use either an Verizon Unlocked iPhone on Sprint's network you must obtain this SIM Card first.

Everything after that is easy just activate SIM and insert into unlocked device.

Feedback Score
    You can also get a Sprint SIM for iPhone from Apple Store for free. Just walk into an Apple Store and ask for a Sprint SIM. They will give you one. You then need to pair the SIM with the iPhone either through website or by calling the Sprint customer number. You cannot simply move an existing SIM card to another phone.

Feedback Score
    My brother has a Sprint account and offered to add my father and myself to his account. He has 3 lines active on the account and because his plan has lines 4 and 5 for free we said sure, why not.
    So I picked up my dad and we went to Apple and bought him an unlocked iPhone 7. I already have an unlocked iPhone 7+ so off to Sprint corporate store we went.
    No problems at all activating the phones and porting numbers over. The sales guy asked us a couple of times if we wanted insurance on the phones and we both told him we didn't want or need it because we both have Apple care + on our phones.
    Wouldn't you know it, when my brother logged into his account the next day he noticed that the sales guy added insurance to both our lines at $13/mo each. My brother was livid and called Sprint and explained what happened and they apologized and took the insurance off and gave him a credit.
    All carriers are slime. They get money for adding crap to peoples accounts and do it even if you say you don't want it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    Even with sprint corporate stores it will be a fight. Last time I ended up having to activate a non sprint purchased iPhone at the corporate store they kept stalling and telling me they had no SIM cards or I had to call CS or some other excuse. After the 2nd time ordering a SIM card from phone CS they sent me the right one and sent me back in to store since they refused to activate the SIM card over the phone. I went back in to the store and I was there 2 hours because of errors in their system or their computers were slow blah blah blah. After leaving the store with the usual "it can be 2 hours before the phone works disclaimer " phone did not work after a day. Called phone CS and they magically got it to work. Then I get a CS summary through email and wouldn't you know it: I now had a 2 year contract on an add a line with an iPhone that I supplied and an activation fee billed.

Called CS back and after another hour on the phone and being transferred several times they reversed the contract and activation fee.

The lesson here is that Sprint sucks big time with BYOD. Also be prepared for incompetence, be prepared to be patient, and be prepared for having time to fix mistakes made by either unwilling or incompetent reps. Best of luck to you.
    Jeez. I told her this whole thing would be a PITA. Cricket is already cheap, but free for a year sounded appealing. You get what you pay for.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindolam View Post
    You can also get a Sprint SIM for iPhone from Apple Store for free. Just walk into an Apple Store and ask for a Sprint SIM. They will give you one. You then need to pair the SIM with the iPhone either through website or by calling the Sprint customer number. You cannot simply move an existing SIM card to another phone.
    Interesting. I will pass that on. I kept reading you had to go into the store even if you had a SIM. That might be an option so maybe I could get it started for her and they can finish it at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    My brother has a Sprint account and offered to add my father and myself to his account. He has 3 lines active on the account and because his plan has lines 4 and 5 for free we said sure, why not.
    So I picked up my dad and we went to Apple and bought him an unlocked iPhone 7. I already have an unlocked iPhone 7+ so off to Sprint corporate store we went.
    No problems at all activating the phones and porting numbers over. The sales guy asked us a couple of times if we wanted insurance on the phones and we both told him we didn't want or need it because we both have Apple care + on our phones.
    Wouldn't you know it, when my brother logged into his account the next day he noticed that the sales guy added insurance to both our lines at $13/mo each. My brother was livid and called Sprint and explained what happened and they apologized and took the insurance off and gave him a credit.
    All carriers are slime. They get money for adding crap to peoples accounts and do it even if you say you don't want it.
    I will let her know to watch out for extra charges. Supposedly everything is free except the taxes.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Corporate store said it was no problem. She was up and running in 30 minutes. So far after a weeks use she has had no problems and better service in some spots than she had with Cricket. Thanks for all of your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2