Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iOS 11..

Phone
    iphone
    Carrier
    vodafone
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb iOS 11..

hello guys.. so i was just wondering how is ios 11. I have seen the videos of it but I wanna know other expirences as well like the bugs and all that that happens in the beta phase. and also if you have tried.. is it okay to install it in your primary device and what are the apps that can't run. I really want to try it but dont know if i should right now.. advise me

Phone
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 13”
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    The latest Beta is the stablest, for me, so far. It feels like a public release.

It’s okay to install it on a primary device if you’re ready to put up with eventual bugs or apps not working, as this can be the case in pre-release OSes.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

Phone
    iPhone 7
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Are you running public beta 2 or a developer release? Just curious, i've been tempted to install it on my primary device but still too scared to haha
    http://www.trendsettermarket.com <- phone cases and other various trending items

Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I would wait for the whole version release, don't want to use the Beta one.

Phone
    iphone
    Carrier
    vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    The latest Beta is the stablest, for me, so far. It feels like a public release.

It’s okay to install it on a primary device if you’re ready to put up with eventual bugs or apps not working, as this can be the case in pre-release OSes.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus
    eyy that is good might get it once the 4th public beta is out. are apps like whatsapp and snapchat working? i know that you could'nt back up in the previous betas of iOSs.

Phone
    iphone
    Carrier
    vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I would wait for the whole version release, don't want to use the Beta one.
    yeah i hear you, i want to wait, but dont wanna wait.. if you get me haha

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score

iOS 11..

Quote Originally Posted by coreyrocks View Post
    yeah i hear you, i want to wait, but dont wanna wait.. if you get me haha
    In my opinion, iOS 11 public beta is good, but still not for the faint of heart. It is definitely still a beta. I am hoping iOS 11 public beta 3 comes out soon and makes improvements. For example, I reset my network settings today, because 3 apps couldn’t connect to the internet. Not all apps are even guaranteed to work. It is still in beta. That said, if you don’t mind the beta life, go for it. Definitely not all experience is going to be the same.
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coreyrocks View Post
    hello guys.. so i was just wondering how is ios 11. I have seen the videos of it but I wanna know other expirences as well like the bugs and all that that happens in the beta phase. and also if you have tried.. is it okay to install it in your primary device and what are the apps that can't run. I really want to try it but dont know if i should right now.. advise me
    Multi-tasking, at least on iPad, has been shut off for the past couple of beta IOS 11. The ability to slide in other apps from the right side specifically. I expect Apple will fix this shortly.

Also, the "files" function isn't as good as I would have hoped, especially compared to other devices. The iPad-side files app is nice and long overdue, but when I attach my iPad Pro to my PC, all I can directly access from the PC side is a photos folder. Like it's a primitive iPod or a mere digital camera, instead of an unlimited "pro" device!

IOS's new openness to work with files is a glass half empty: and this glass has always been quite full with PCs, and with Android at least since Froyo. I expect Apple will never fix this, and mistakes like this end up clicking the checkbox for "overgrown iPod" instead of "viable PC/Mac/Laptop replacement". Like maybe they are afraid to make IOS as powerful and useful as MacOS for business reasons.

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score

iOS 11..

Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Multi-tasking, at least on iPad, has been shut off for the past couple of beta IOS 11. The ability to slide in other apps from the right side specifically. I expect Apple will fix this shortly.
    Slide over and Split View still work. They are now implemented differently. You need to drag and drop them up from your app bar.

https://www.cultofmac.com/490710/sli...t-view-ios-11/
    Last edited by Doolie; 07-26-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doolie View Post
    Slide over and Split View still work. They are now implemented differently. You need to drag and drop them up from your app bar.

https://www.cultofmac.com/490710/sli...t-view-ios-11/
    Thanks. I will try this right away. Not sure how I missed this: I've heard lots of podcasts about IOS 11 !

(I'm one of those Android users with an iPad: older 12.9 Pro)

Phone
    iphone
    Carrier
    vodafone
    Feedback Score
    yeahh i hear you on that one, probably go for the next beta. thanks man

Phone
    iphone
    Carrier
    vodafone
    Feedback Score

Also, the "files" function isn't as good as I would have hoped, especially compared to other devices. The iPad-side files app is nice and long overdue, but when I attach my iPad Pro to my PC, all I can directly access from the PC side is a photos folder. Like it's a primitive iPod or a mere digital camera, instead of an unlimited "pro" device!

IOS's new openness to work with files is a glass half empty: and this glass has always been quite full with PCs, and with Android at least since Froyo. I expect Apple will never fix this, and mistakes like this end up clicking the checkbox for "overgrown iPod" instead of "viable PC/Mac/Laptop replacement". Like maybe they are afraid to make IOS as powerful and useful as MacOS for business reasons.
    this has always been the issue with apple and always strict about their files. may be thats why their software are stable overtime compared to andriod but yeah true though hope apple give more freedom to the users. make it close to the jailbreak community.

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I will try this right away. Not sure how I missed this: I've heard lots of podcasts about IOS 11 !

(I'm one of those Android users with an iPad: older 12.9 Pro)
    Your welcome and thumbs up!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doolie View Post
    Your welcome and thumbs up!
    Thanks. it worked great for me. But my brother who has the developer preview program could not get it to work. And he is far more of an IOS expert user than me.

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. it worked great for me. But my brother who has the developer preview program could not get it to work. And he is far more of an IOS expert user than me.
    It takes practice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast