Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 70% chance that Sprint merger will happen

Feedback Score
    Other than being a crap company that treats their customers like crap they aren't too bad. Only companies as bad as charter include Comcast and Verizon.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP5 - Nexus 7 2013 tablet
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Son is apparently getting cold feet on losing control with a Tmobile merger under terms as they were described before the Charter/Comcast talks. Those terms were favorable for consumers because there would be no merger debt just a stock swap and TMobile would have had control.

I can't find it now but there's an analyst saying Son wants to buy both Charter and T-Mobile. That would create an incredible debt bomb that would cash strap the combined company for decades. Not good for consumers only for Son's ego which to me seems to be behind this news.

Feedback Score
    Masa Son's nuclear option, buy both Sprint and Charter in one big offer. What kind of fiber footprint does Charter own that they'd be able to deploy a network in the same area? Does Sprint leverage a "double-play" package to convert Charter customers into Sprint customers? Why not just invest in Sprint and make the network competitive than involve themselves in a messy merger?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/31/soft...urces-say.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Masa Son's nuclear option, buy both Sprint and Charter in one big offer. What kind of fiber footprint does Charter own that they'd be able to deploy a network in the same area? Does Sprint leverage a "double-play" package to convert Charter customers into Sprint customers? Why not just invest in Sprint and make the network competitive than involve themselves in a messy merger?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/31/soft...urces-say.html
    I was told this buy out has nothing to do with Sprint. Why SoftBank hasn't invested money into Sprint I don't get. There have truly Nationwide spectrum holdings. B26 in places TMobile doesn't have B12.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    This is my theory and it could be 100% wrong.

It seems like they bought Sprint as an investment not truly realizing the us market and how much work and $ Sprint really needed to compete. I don't think they realized some of the previous poor decisions Sprint had made and what it would take to recover from those.

Sprint seems desperate for a deal now

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post

It seems like they bought Sprint as an investment not truly realizing the us market and how much work and $ Sprint really needed to compete. I don't think they realized some of the previous poor decisions Sprint had made and what it would take to recover from those.

SoftBank did underestimate. They cover Japan very well with B41. They US is way bigger and harder to cover. However they can cover it with B26.

Feedback Score

I was told SoftBank can't put money into Sprint. Even if they wanted to, they can't

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    I was told SoftBank can't put money into Sprint. Even if they wanted to, they can't

I have read that is due to financial laws in Japan. However since Softbank owns 85% of Sprint's stock any money they gave them would force Sprint to authorized and issue more stock to Softbank. Sprint issuing more stock would deliute the current value of the stock and reduce the Public 15% owned stock percentage. That isn't a good thing for Softbank when you are spending more money that results in lower value stock. Something like issuing more stock dilutes all shares of Sprint, which could cause the other 15% of public stock holders to sell their stock in Sprint that contiunes to lower the value of the stock.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint since May 2000
    Feedback Score
    So a merger announcement is imminent... When do you think they will announce?
    I want to say, Fridays seem to be the day Corporations like to announce these things...
    From the state that everyone has a map of on their hand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dro1984 View Post
    So a merger announcement is imminent... When do you think they will announce?
    I want to say, Fridays seem to be the day Corporations like to announce these things...
    Who knows. I'm 50/50. I feel we need 4 carriers but, at the same time this would give better coverage put B41 out faster and, the combined PCS holdings would allow for wideband LTE on B25 in places they can't do it as separate companies.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Is the recent rumor a sprint TMobile deal? Been quite a few potential rumors it's hard to keep track

I know the TMobile talks seem to be back on the table. The sprint ceo makes it sound like an announcement will be very soon, as in days from now. At least thats what it sounds like to me

Feedback Score
    Is the recent rumor a sprint TMobile deal? Been quite a few potential rumors it's hard to keep track

I know the TMobile talks seem to be back on the table. The sprint ceo makes it sound like an announcement will be very soon, as in days from now. At least thats what it sounds like to me
    Talks between the two are back on.

Device(s)
    LG G2,Netgear Zing
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I believe a tmus and S merger would give both companies their only chance to being number 1 carrier. tmus bought a ton of spectrum and S is not slacking there either. Dish would be good except that Son and Ergen personalities would clash. They know that they have to act on T buying Directv. jmo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rupus2020 View Post
    I believe a tmus and S merger would give both companies their only chance to being number 1 carrier. tmus bought a ton of spectrum and S is not slacking there either. Dish would be good except that Son and Ergen personalities would clash. They know that they have to act on T buying Directv. jmo
    If Tmobile and Sprint merged they wouldn't need Dish. The spectrum holdings would already be high between the two. 20x20 B4 20x20 plus 10x10 plus 5x5 on PCS which for merged carrier would have to be B25. 5x5 B12/26, 15x15 B71 plus all the B41 Sprint has. 3xca twice as well as the ability to do 4,5,6 xca on B41. This example is in my area FYI. It would vary in other cities.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I used to be firm on having the four carriers but im more open to a sprint TMobile deal if the metrics and specifics are right.

Now if sprint management stays put through a deal id prob be gone in a heartbeat so part of me wants TMobile to stay separate
    Last edited by themanhimself; 08-09-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast