Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 70% chance that Sprint merger will happen

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Passing on Dish was the dumbest thing Sprint did.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    No,

Not buying Alltell was.

No wait, buying Nextel was.

No wait agian,deploying WiMax was.

No wait yet again, not buying Metro PCS was.

There is a laundry list of dumb things...............................

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    No,

Not buying Alltell was.

Those are some of the things that would scare me about a TMobile deal. If it happens hopefully sprint wouldn't dilute things

I guess I'm ultimately mixed on it and trust for sprint would be hard. TMobile would have to run the show that's for sure although there are some things I do like about sprint
    Last edited by themanhimself; 08-09-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Feedback Score
    No,

Not buying Alltell was.

If it wasn't for Nextel, they wouldn't have 1x800 and, B26. You also need to get over yourself let it go and, move on. Wimax is gone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score

70% chance that Sprint merger will happen

If it wasn't for Nextel, they wouldn't have 1x800 and, B26. You also need to get over yourself let it go and, move on. Wimax is gone.

Ok Champ, I'm way past it however it's irrefutable the list of mistakes made by Sprint is long.

And if you think buying Nextel for the 800/B26 airwaves was worth the purchase price send me a pm. I have some great investment property in Florida I'm looking to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

I don't think bill was knocking sprint, it's just that it's hard to trust them in some ways. That can be built up though

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint since May 2000
    Feedback Score
    No,

Not buying Alltell was.

No wait again,deploying WiMax was.

Alltel would have been a good purchase... CDMA, good coverage where Sprint didn't have any (Alltel used to be a major roaming partner for Sprint)... Shame...

Thank Goodness someone else sees the things I see. They might have recovered some of the Nextel mistake (I really don't think Nextel was a mistake) it was Sprint's execution that ruined it. Network conversion that took way too long (still does). They're bad idea of running both networks together stunk all the while with very little upgrade/maintainence. They had great tower density and Sprint could have used some of those to bolster its CDMA network... but, no... they just ultimately shuttered most of those towers and called it a day. Even with the FCC getting in the 800mHz issues with IBEZ, still could have chose to co-located CDMA on way more towers than they did. WiMax... there's a great one...a month or 2 later, everyone else went LTE. I got the benefit of buying a HTC Wimax phone, that I could never use for "high speed" data, but got that $10 High speed premium data for... because 95% of the service areas never got Wimax. So lots of money wasted with very bad business decisions and execution.
    One other benefit of buying Nextel... Sprint had to buy most of their affiliates up. Some of their networks were very neglected and at least made Sprint the true keeper of it's network in 90% of the country now.
    From the state that everyone has a map of on their hand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dro1984 View Post
    Alltel would have been a good purchase... CDMA, good coverage where Sprint didn't have any (Alltel used to be a major roaming partner for Sprint)... Shame...

Thank Goodness someone else sees the things I see. They might have recovered some of the Nextel mistake (I really don't think Nextel was a mistake) it was Sprint's execution that ruined it. Network conversion that took way too long (still does). They're bad idea of running both networks together stunk all the while with very little upgrade/maintainence. They had great tower density and Sprint could have used some of those to bolster its CDMA network... but, no... they just ultimately shuttered most of those towers and called it a day. Even with the FCC getting in the 800mHz issues with IBEZ, still could have chose to co-located CDMA on way more towers than they did. WiMax... there's a great one...a month or 2 later, everyone else went LTE. I got the benefit of buying a HTC Wimax phone, that I could never use for "high speed" data, but got that $10 High speed premium data for... because 95% of the service areas never got Wimax. So lots of money wasted with very bad business decisions and execution.
    One other benefit of buying Nextel... Sprint had to buy most of their affiliates up. Some of their networks were very neglected and at least made Sprint the true keeper of it's network in 90% of the country now.
    I agree Attel would have been good. Not sure why they didn't. Wimax would have been better if it would have at least the footprint TMobile had with HSPA+. I lived in a wimax it was alot better than EVDO.

Feedback Score

They never said the 10 dollars was for 4G. They always said data weither it was 3G or 4G.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint since May 2000
    Feedback Score
    Agreed! I think Sprint was thinking about it, but Verizon beat them to it... again... moving too slow.

Feedback Score
    Agreed! I think Sprint was thinking about it, but Verizon beat them to it... again... moving too slow.
    So it wasn't that they didn't want to do it? I didn't have a cell phone back then and, didn't follow tech nor know about this kind of stuff back then.

Feedback Score
    If I hear the words "Sprint" and "too big to fail" linked together in the same sentence; I'm not sure what I would do.

Only a European government could like a company with that much debt. What company would want to take on that much debt and sacrifice their own bond/debt rating in the process? $33 billion in revenues and $30 billion in debt.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4