Thread: Sprint Flex Lease vs Regular Lease

Feedback Score

Sprint Flex Lease vs Regular Lease

Should I consider the Sprint Flex Lease?

How is it different from the old Lease?

How hard is it to get out of?

If I leave Sprint will other carriers pay it off?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post

Omg !!!' So many questions in a forum

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post

From how I understood it basically mixed with easy pay you can make payments on it until end of the lease and by the end if you want to keep the phone you can just pay it off between the full balance and how much you paid so far so it's mixed with Easy Pay. Some phones you can upgrade after a year

Feedback Score
    Don't lease, its a huge rip-off and basically a contract. You're basically paying upwards of 80-90% of the full price, but have to return the phone within 18 months. Marginally over the same period you'll spend more out of pocket on a new phone than buying one at full price when they go on sale. For example, Best Buy regularly has flagship phones on sale for $200-400 via bill credits or gift card, that's a phone you can keep and sell. In fact, I say never buy a phone from a carrier because you never know at some point in the future you'll need to switch or have financial difficulties.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Don't lease, its a huge rip-off and basically a contract. You're basically paying upwards of 80-90% of the full price, but have to return the phone within 18 months. Marginally over the same period you'll spend more out of pocket on a new phone than buying one at full price when they go on sale. For example, Best Buy regularly has flagship phones on sale for $200-400 via bill credits or gift card, that's a phone you can keep and sell. In fact, I say never buy a phone from a carrier because you never know at some point in the future you'll need to switch or have financial difficulties.
    From the new sprint flex lease plan it mentions you can keep the phone and pay off any remaining with how much has been paid from the time you started up until paying off phone time. At least that's how I read it

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The idea behind leasing is that you never pay full price for the phone. If you want the convenience of only dealing directly with Sprint and not venturing out into the used handset marketing, leasing is for you. If you're going to look at it dollar for dollar, the used market will have better deals for you.

Don't see leasing as necessarily a ripoff. Understand that part of what you're paying for is convenience.