Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My experience with the Inner Circle 12 month for $1 - a very good deal

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I have an unlocked 5s that says it is not eligible, does anyone know why it wouldn't work?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Just found out the 5s is GSM only (it was a cricket wireless phone), there was another model for CDMA carriers. I guess the iphones with all radios was only done in newer models and not is the old 5s days.

Feedback Score

My experience with the Inner Circle 12 month for $1 - a very good deal

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper5555 View Post
    Just found out the 5s is GSM only (it was a cricket wireless phone), there was another model for CDMA carriers. I guess the iphones with all radios was only done in newer models and not is the old 5s days.
    No, I do believe it had to be a Sprint/Global phone to have CDMA and GSM. I've had many 5c and up that were the Sprint/Global version.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeper5555 View Post
    Here's a pic of the model numbers Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1503619555.303473.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  56.6 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcuzdave View Post
    Here's a pic of the model numbers Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1503619555.303473.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  56.6 KB
    iPhones are rather weird in how some iPhone models have all the radios and others don't.

As you found, the iPhone 5s had a US GSM version that only work on AT&T and T-Mobile (though it is missing Band 12), and a CDMA version that will work on all carriers. The Verizon version should work on Sprint.

The iPhone 6 and iPhone SE have one version for T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint, and a different version for Sprint. So for Virgin Mobile you'll need the Sprint iPhone 6 or iPhone SE.

The iPhone 6s is the only iPhone where it works on all 4 US networks.

The iPhone 7 has a GSM and CDMA version -- because they used an Intel radio for the GSM version and a Qualcomm radio for the CDMA. The CDMA version works on all 4 networks, and is what you need for Virgin Mobile; the GSM version only works on T-Mobile's and AT&T's networks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have an unlocked AT&T iPhone 6 on Cricket. This deal is highly interesting. Gf just switched to Sprint and likes it. Anyone know if I will really notice not being able to use band 41?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by batman420 View Post
    I have an unlocked AT&T iPhone 6 on Cricket. This deal is highly interesting. Gf just switched to Sprint and likes it. Anyone know if I will really notice not being able to use band 41?
    It depends on what your expectations are for mobile data speed. My Sprint phones are all older single band LTE (band 25, 1900 MHz). I generally get 2-3 Mbps on them in ok signal areas. That is fast enough to do what I need to do with mobile data. In lesser signal areas I can usually get ~1 Mbps on 3G EVDO. That's fast enough (for me) too.

The fastest speed I have seen on band 25 was 14 Mbps at Williamsburg, Va., but that is not a place I usually go.

With Sprint I know not to expect continuous coverage away from towns and highways.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    It depends on what your expectations are for mobile data speed. My Sprint phones are all older single band LTE (band 25, 1900 MHz). I generally get 2-3 Mbps on them in ok signal areas. That is fast enough to do what I need to do with mobile data. In lesser signal areas I can usually get ~1 Mbps on 3G EVDO. That's fast enough (for me) too.

The fastest speed I have seen on band 25 was 14 Mbps at Williamsburg, Va., but that is not a place I usually go.

With Sprint I know not to expect continuous coverage away from towns and highways.
    Cricket is throttled at 8 Mbps. I mostly get around 4-6 Mbps. It's perfectly fine. I play mobile games, stream music, and watch Netflix with no problem.

1-3 Mbps sounds a little iffy. I am getting 1.92 right now in a small town I am visiting. I can still load everything perfectly fine, including Netflix.

What state are you in?
    Last edited by batman420; 08-25-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Feedback Score
    Cricket is throttled at 8 Mbps. I mostly get around 4-6 Mbps. It's perfectly fine. I play mobile games, stream music, and watch Netflix with no problem.

1-3 Mbps sounds a little iffy. I am getting 1.92 right now in a small town I am visiting. I can still load everything perfectly fine, including Netflix.

What state are you in?
    Central Virginia. We have AT&T postpaid, Tracfone-AT&T, and AT&T Connected Car on a Mobley. They all get the same same 2-4 Mbps speed around here in most places. There are exceptions of faster and slower. Cricket's 8 Mbps would not effect me at all. I don't even get that fast most of the time. It's all fast enough to do what I need to do.

My observations above were about Sprint speeds on single band LTE.
    Last edited by bobdevnul; 08-26-2017 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Corrected a work to clarify

Feedback Score
    I have an iphone 5s that should work on this plan. Currently I am using it on Tello. The Virgin Mobile site says my phone is not eligible. Does anyone know if I switch my Tello account over to another phone and then try the 5s if that would work for this deal?

Feedback Score
    To answer my question above, I changed phones on Tello and then resubmitted my 5s to Virgin Mobile. They now accepted the phone and they are sending me a SIM card.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah my phone says it's ineligible too. Not sure why. It's the correct model and unlocked.

Edit: It now says it is eligible, but each time I try to submit my info it says "Oops. That didn't work. Please submit again." I have tried 37 times so far.
    Last edited by batman420; 08-27-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Feedback Score
    Yeah my phone says it's ineligible too. Not sure why. It's the correct model and unlocked.

Edit: It now says it is eligible, but each time I try to submit my info it says "Oops. That didn't work. Please submit again." I have tried 37 times so far.
    Try a different browser. I tried it once with Firefox and my adblock was on, and it gave me that message. Then I tried it with Chrome and it went through.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steveb10 View Post
    Try a different browser. I tried it once with Firefox and my adblock was on, and it gave me that message. Then I tried it with Chrome and it went through.
    Dude. You F-ing rock! Turned off my adblocker and it went right through. I was real tired last night and did not even think of that. I had tried FF and Chrome with no luck, both have same adblocker.

Feedback Score
    Dude. You F-ing rock! Turned off my adblocker and it went right through. I was real tired last night and did not even think of that. I had tried FF and Chrome with no luck, both have same adblocker.
    How do you even turn off add blocker on FF, it gives you a million options, none which include "disable add blocker" , another half -baked play store app.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast