Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My experience with the Inner Circle 12 month for $1 - a very good deal

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm still waiting for my sim card to be delivered. This is a bit crazy. I live in Indianapolis Indiana. The sim was shipped on Friday via FedEx from Plainfield Indiana. That's maybe 8 miles away. It's not scheduled for delivery until tomorrow.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    How long did it take to get shipping confirmation? I ordered one last night and still haven't even gotten an order confirmation.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Two days. I ordered it on Wednesday night and got the shipping email on Friday

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, got a shipping email this morning. Plainfield, IN (outside Indy) to Chicago is estimated to take until next Tuesday!

Hopefully the estimate is wrong.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    How do you even turn off add blocker on FF, it gives you a million options, none which include "disable add blocker" , another half -baked play store app.
    I use a third party one. I turned it off from the icon on my toolbar.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

My experience with the Inner Circle 12 month for $1 - a very good deal

Sim card arrived yesterday. They shipped it in a box. Lol. Same kind of box they'd send a phone in.

Couldn't get phone activated last night. Kept saying the port was in progress. Checked this morning still not activated. Decided I'd wait till tonight after work to mess with it again.

Just as I get to work I get a charge notification of $1.08 from virgin mobile. Check my emails and account is set up. But of course I didn't being that iPhone with me to work today. Oh well I'll see how well the service is tonight.

I ported a tracfone phone number I activated a few days ago. I didn't want to port either of my main phone numbers. I checked my Tracfone account and that sim card is inactive and the phone number is gone. Guess the port really was successful.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Phone works fine. Speed of the sprint LTE network not so good but I'll experiment with it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6splus, iPad 9.7 Pro, MOFI4500, Mobley
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm trying to port an iPhone 6 from AT&T. SIM card arrived. Called the activation number, but gave up as the rep had such a heavy accent I got tired asking her to repeat. Having a cold doesn't help. Tried online but got some error message at very end so guess I'll try calling again tomorrow.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I did the whole port and activation online. Ported a tracfone number that was using AT&T and it took about 12 hours to port.

I thought I might have messed up the account number or pin since it took so long.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My experience so far.

I installed the SIM and ported out from Cricket on 09/03. It took about 15 minutes to talk to customer service and do the port itself. I immediately was able to use talk, text, and data.

I am a little salty that it cost me $2.25 not $1!

The data speeds are very random. All the tests in the photos were done in the same spot. Some as you can see are back to back. Anyone else experience this? My gf has Sprint (Using an unlocked Verizon iPhone 6) and she had the same odd results and around the same speeds. With Cricket it was consistent within a few points. This is all over the map from good data speeds to unusable speeds.
    Name:  IMG_2578.PNG
Views: 195
Size:  392.2 KBName:  IMG_2579.PNG
Views: 194
Size:  388.3 KB

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

The Verizon version of the iPhone 6 doesn't have Band 41 which provides the bulk of Sprint's LTE bandwidth for data.

You'll be stuck on Band 25 or 26 which is generally slow and overloaded. I just set up a friend with an iPhone 5S on the Virgin plan and the data is very hit or miss compared to my iPhone 6S on Sprint which has Band 41 capability. Luckily, she only uses talk and text with very little data so it's not an issue.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    The Verizon version of the iPhone 6 doesn't have Band 41 which provides the bulk of Sprint's LTE bandwidth for data.

You'll be stuck on Band 25 or 26 which is generally slow and overloaded. I just set up a friend with an iPhone 5S on the Virgin plan and the data is very hit or miss compared to my iPhone 6S on Sprint which has Band 41 capability. Luckily, she only uses talk and text with very little data so it's not an issue.
    Ah so both of our phones do not have Band 41. I thought just mine (Unlocked AT&T iPhone 6) didn't.

So that would explain the extreme differences in speed from minute to minute in the same location?

Edit: wording

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

Yes. Based on the times those tests were run, you're seeing congestion, which unfortunately is pretty normal on Bands 25 and 26. Looks like the better speed tests are later in the evening when less users are active and the lower speeds are during peak periods.

A Band 41 compatible phone might help if it's available at your location, otherwise those tests are probably about what you should expect to see.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have an iPhone 6s and the speeds are pretty lousy most of the time. On some places in town it's good. I know it's probably for the reasons listed above like congestion on the network.

Luckily the $1 for a year makes it worth it. I only use that line as a backup.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I also have a 6S on Sprint and it's better in a lot of places, but definitely not everywhere. Band 41 still has far too many holes in the coverage to be relied upon. Outdoors it seems to be fine, but due to the high frequency it's pretty much worthless indoors unless you're very close to the cell site.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast