Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My experience with the Inner Circle 12 month for $1 - a very good deal

Feedback Score
    Virgin Mobiles "Check your eligibility" page will not accept my SIM free iPhone 6s Plus bought from the Apple Store. If it won't take a SIM free iPhone what iPhones are they expecting?

WELL, THIS IS UNFORTUNATE

Your phone is not eligible to transfer. This usually happens when the phone is still locked by another mobile carrier. Call your current carrier to unlock your phone, or click below to explore other reasons your phone might not be eligible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aGadgetGeek View Post
    Virgin Mobiles "Check your eligibility" page will not accept my SIM free iPhone 6s Plus bought from the Apple Store. If it won't take a SIM free iPhone what iPhones are they expecting?

Your phone is not eligible to transfer. This usually happens when the phone is still locked by another mobile carrier. Call your current carrier to unlock your phone, or click below to explore other reasons your phone might not be eligible.
    Same. I'm currently using it on Boost. Wonder if that's part of the problem.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Feedback Score

Has it been used on any Sprint Prepaid/MVNO? If a phone is used on a Sprint Prepaid/MVNO, Sprint removes the phone from their database. If this is the case for you, you'll need to call Sprint Support to get the phone re-added to the database (or, if you are lucky, a local store may be able to do it).

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have an unlocked 7 Plus that was never on Sprint. The check eligibility page won't accept it either.

Seems only special Virgin Mobile iPhones from the apple store work from what I've read. An unlocked carrier iPhone like my 6s that was an AT&T postpaid phone worked fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Has it been used on any Sprint Prepaid/MVNO? If a phone is used on a Sprint Prepaid/MVNO, Sprint removes the phone from their database. If this is the case for you, you'll need to call Sprint Support to get the phone re-added to the database (or, if you are lucky, a local store may be able to do it).
    The phone was never activated on sprint. It has only been on Verizon prepaid.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Yes. Based on the times those tests were run, you're seeing congestion, which unfortunately is pretty normal on Bands 25 and 26. Looks like the better speed tests are later in the evening when less users are active and the lower speeds are during peak periods.

A Band 41 compatible phone might help if it's available at your location, otherwise those tests are probably about what you should expect to see.
    I went into 3 Sprint stores and they all told me that my city does not have use of band 41. One guy laughed and said that's just Sprint service for you. Not assuming they are experts, but I figure they know more than I do.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

My experience with the Inner Circle 12 month for $1 - a very good deal

Well there's your answer! If Sprint doesn't have any Band 41 in your area, it's no wonder the service is so bad.

I think the Band 41 license is nationwide, so maybe they'll get to your area eventually.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Well there's your answer! If Sprint doesn't have any Band 41 in your area, it's no wonder the service is so bad.

I think the Band 41 license is nationwide, so maybe they'll get to your area eventually.
    From what they told me and what little research I did, it's in very few cities.

Update #2: I just found out I may not be able to continue using Google Voice for my voicemail as I have for over 5 years. Which I need for work. Bad times.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    In another thread people were taking about Sprints BYOD and get a free year. I just checked my IMEI number on Sprints page and it accepts my SIM free iPhone. So it looks like my phone can only be added to Sprint and not Virgin or Boost. Kind of defeats the purpose of BYOD and unlocked phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Feedback Score
    In another thread people were taking about Sprints BYOD and get a free year. I just checked my IMEI number on Sprints page and it accepts my SIM free iPhone. So it looks like my phone can only be added to Sprint and not Virgin or Boost. Kind of defeats the purpose of BYOD and unlocked phones.
    I seem someone recalling saying some browsers apparently cause issues, that they do it on one browser (can't recall if a particularly browser, or if on a phone vs. computer) and that it comes back as not allowed, yet trying it on another device/browser it comes back and said it was allowed, so it may just be a compatibility issue with how the webpage is coded.

Feedback Score
    I tried my iPhone 6s Plus that I had bought sim free unlocked from Apple directly. Virgin’s site says not eligible. I texted them through Facebook messenger and they should checked and said not eligible. Wtf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    There are a lot of issues with the Virgin Mobile checker and agents provide conflicting answers.

As long as another site such as Tello indicates the IMEI can be activated immediately, there should be no issue.

I had a similar problem and after several interactions with agents on Twitter and on the Virgin Mobile site, the IMEI was in fact whitelisted.

Others have also reported success from interacting with agents but it does seem to be rather hit or miss.

Feedback Score
    Looks like sprint has the same deal and $1 per month and my phone IMeI shows compatible. How is the virgin deal different from Sprint’s?

Feedback Score
    The biggest practical difference for most people seems to be the fact that the Sprint IMEI checker allows most phones that should be eligible to pass without issues.

I do not have the Sprint Service myself but understand it offers additional features such as wifi calling that are not available on Virgin Mobile.

There is one major difference in the sign-up process and that is Sprint requires the provision of a Social Security number and a credit check while Virgin Mobile does not.

It is possible the way in which taxes and fees are calculated might also differ.

Based on what I have heard, it may be somewhat easier to get support from Sprint than Virgin Mobile if you need it.

One real disadvantage with Virgin Mobile is that your account number and PIN are not displayed and are needed to port out. Obtaining them from Virgin Mobile seems to be more difficult than one might expect.

Feedback Score
    Is the sprint deal only for post paid customers switching. I am with cricket now. Can I take advantage of $1 offer or no.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast