Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Deals on android phones?

Device(s)
    ZTE Awe
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA, TMobile
    Feedback Score

Deals on android phones?

My wife's ZTE Awe on VM is finally giving up the ghost, and she has no interest in the iPhone. She's also "frugal", so we're looking for something cheap. I'm a little surprised that retailers don't seem to be clearing out the Android phones. Has anybody seen good deals on the "old" phones?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you login to your VM account you can still buy Android phones, on promotional discount. Look on the right under Upgrade to new Android. Haven't compared to see if prices are better than in store but might be more variety if you're looking for an older model, e.g. Stylo 2 or Moto G3.

"national retail locations like Walmart, Best Buy, and others, will continue to offer Android devices until at least the end of this year."

Or just get another Awe on Amazon.

Feedback Score
    If you're looking for a phone that will work on a grandfathered plan, then look for another AWE on Ebay/AMZN/etc. Otherwise, check out the LG Tribute HD ($50 at VM, $60 at BestBuy) or the Samsung J3 Emerge ($70 at VM, $80 at BestBuy). I've been using a Boost Tribute HD on Freedompop (Sprint MVNO) for several months and like it. (PS: BB's Tribute HD ad says 8GB, but VM's ad says 16GB. My Boost model was 16GB.)

Device(s)
    ZTE Awe
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA, TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info, I didn't realize that VM was still selling Android phones on their website.

Though I'm still on the $25 3G plan, my wife is on one of the 4G plans, so upgrading shouldn't be a problem. That said, we were somewhat spoiled with our $20 black friday phones.

By the way, I've been to two Walmarts in my area, and both say they no longer carry Virgin Mobile Phones, though in one case they still had the inventory cards. I also checked out Best Buy and Target, and though they still have phones, they seem to be normal (somewhat discounted) prices.

The better deals on phones right now, if you're a current customer, seem to be on the VM website.

Feedback Score
    Try before you buy - many Sprint stores have working display models of the phones VM offers. I've been buying VM topup cards at Target and BB when they have 5~10% off sales. (The Target Red Card will get you an additional 5% off.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzLobster View Post
    Thanks for the info, I didn't realize that VM was still selling Android phones on their website.

Though I'm still on the $25 3G plan, my wife is on one of the 4G plans, so upgrading shouldn't be a problem. That said, we were somewhat spoiled with our $20 black friday phones.

By the way, I've been to two Walmarts in my area, and both say they no longer carry Virgin Mobile Phones, though in one case they still had the inventory cards. I also checked out Best Buy and Target, and though they still have phones, they seem to be normal (somewhat discounted) prices.

The better deals on phones right now, if you're a current customer, seem to be on the VM website.
    might also check walgreens cvs pharmacy & convenience stores, cause sometimes these places have a better slection
    than walmart & target have

Feedback Score
    Always see VM phones on BestBuy online, know you probably found a phone by now for a price you like better than $79.99 (free ship over $35 i think) but saw a LG X Power 2 for VM that states 16gb internal memory, 2gb RAM, 1.8ghz Octacore, 6.0 marshmallow os, 5.3" screen, 128gb memory expansion card slot, 8mp cam, FM radio, 4100mAh power, nano size SIM. Sounded nice, other carrier versions were different.

There were also cheaper VM cells on Best Buy site.

Feedback Score
    Just checked Best Buy online again to see the VM phones & looks like they upped the price from 79.99 to 89.99 on the LG X Power 2 but there are quite a few VM phones still there and some for quite a bit less than that for bargain buyers.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if Virgin is still selling Android phones on their website? I personally upgraded to Iphone on Inner circle a few months ago, but I am looking to help my mom upgrade, she is on the grandfathered $35 plan with a LG VOLT. I saw the post above about logging in and then looking on the right side for "upgrade to android" but I dont see this anywhere when I login to my own account. That being said im on inner circle not android so maybe thats why im not seeing it...maybe if I log into my moms account (something I cant do right now) it will show up? Anyone who is still on android want to login to their account and let me know if the option to buy android phones is still there?

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S6, Moto E LTE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stljason1 View Post
    Does anyone know if Virgin is still selling Android phones on their website? I personally upgraded to Iphone on Inner circle a few months ago, but I am looking to help my mom upgrade, she is on the grandfathered $35 plan with a LG VOLT. I saw the post above about logging in and then looking on the right side for "upgrade to android" but I dont see this anywhere when I login to my own account. That being said im on inner circle not android so maybe thats why im not seeing it...maybe if I log into my moms account (something I cant do right now) it will show up? Anyone who is still on android want to login to their account and let me know if the option to buy android phones is still there?
    The option to buy Android phones from Virgin is still available. The link only shows up if you are logged into an account with an Android phone but the Android phone sales page itself is accessible to anyone at https://www4.virginmobileusa.com/#!/...ones/@Android/.

Amazon, Best Buy, ShopCellDeals and Target also sell Virgin Mobile Android phones and are often cheaper than Virgin. My son is on the $35 5GB plan and he upgraded from a Volt to a J7 Perx from Amazon last month. He did the device swap online with no issues.
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Feedback Score
    Yes.

Community Manager BHM posted details last week that includes the following:

Additionally, we will continue to sell Android phones on our website, through the fall of 2018. We'll support new Android phone purchases for new customers, and upgrades for existing customers, in national retail locations such as Walmart, Best Buy and Target, through the fall of 2018.

There is a link on the website that lists several phones for sale.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I appreciate the help!

Feedback Score
    I've been looking for the info about VM Android phones for a long time, could only find the new iPhone pages. Thanks for the link. Now, where are the plans? Is there a link to a page for plans for the Android phones? I could only find the iPhone plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I've been looking for the info about VM Android phones for a long time, could only find the new iPhone pages. Thanks for the link. Now, where are the plans? Is there a link to a page for plans for the Android phones? I could only find the iPhone plan.
    is this what your looking for - https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/beyond-talk.html

Feedback Score
    Yes, thankyou that's what i was wanting! Thanks for taking the time to find it & post the link.

Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast