Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: My experience with the Inner Circle 12 month for $1 - a very good deal

Carrier(s)
    TmobileToGo
    Feedback Score
    Sprint deal is for anyone. You must bring a phone approved by them from their list, and you must port in a non Sprint number-not Sprint or Sprint MVNO. I have it and it's a hell of a good deal if you can live with the network. My bill with taxes and fees is about $5 a month.

A big difference between the Sprint and Virgin deals is that Sprint allows up to 10gb tethering per month. If you want to tether with Virgin you have to pay an extra $10 a month to tether your unlimited data.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokiayes View Post
    Sprint deal is for anyone. You must bring a phone approved by them from their list, and you must port in a non Sprint number-not Sprint or Sprint MVNO. I have it and it's a hell of a good deal if you can live with the network. My bill with taxes and fees is about $5 a month.

A big difference between the Sprint and Virgin deals is that Sprint allows up to 10gb tethering per month. If you want to tether with Virgin you have to pay an extra $10 a month to tether your unlimited data.
    One other big difference, the Sprint deal after 120 days lets you purchase a phone on a monthly plan, including the iPhone or Galaxy Forever plans (where you can upgrade to a new iPhone/Galaxy Sx phone each year). It is part of the reason a credit check is required to sign up for that plan.

Feedback Score
    I went ahead and ordered 2 sims for my wife and my iPhone 6s Plus through spring. Virgin was of no help. They keep saying the same thing! I wanted to order one more sim for my daughter but she does not have a compatible phone right now and it won’t let me order without a compatible IMeI. I might be buying an iPhone se for her. I just bought one for her but it is locked to att. No use. I am going to try and return that back to Best Buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I am worried about the wording in the sprint deal. It says I will get the $1 a month deal if I port a number from a post paid cell plan. I am porting from cricket. I gave them the IMeI and number to check eligibility and ordered them through their website last night. I assume I will get the sims tomorrow. I am worried that when I activate it they are going to refuse me the deal. Has anyone here successfully ported a number from cricket and gotten the $1 per month deal on Sprint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Activated yesterday and still only getting 3G in the middle of NYC, even after doing a "reset all settings" and calling the ##UPDATE#. Just called customer support and they said I had an outage in my area. Strange.

Feedback Score
    There is a report that the iPhone 8 may require a different sim from earlier models for use on Sprint MVNOs.

Ting indicates it takes model C7 while C4 worked on 5s through 7.

Does anyone know what is different about the C7?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tersanyus View Post
    I have an unlocked 7 Plus that was never on Sprint. The check eligibility page won't accept it either.

Seems only special Virgin Mobile iPhones from the apple store work from what I've read. An unlocked carrier iPhone like my 6s that was an AT&T postpaid phone worked fine.
    For what it is worth, I purchased a SIM free (unlocked) iPhone 7 from an Apple Retail Store yesterday and tried to activate it last night. Virgin Mobile's customer service told me to return to the Apple store and they would be able to activate it. At first they were going to return the iPhone they sold me and replace it with a Sprint phone. But after some investigating they were able to activate the iPhone 7.

Feedback Score
    It is very clear from the Virgin Mobile forum that the situation is rather unpredictable.

Different agents provide conflicting answers to questions.

Some have had success in getting IMEI that did not pass the checker whitelisted while others have been unable to do so.

There have even been cases where IMEI failed the checker, the user was told the iPhone was not eligible and sometime later, the IMEI was eligible.

Feedback Score

VirginMobile Inner Circle "cheap numbers to port in"

Hi all,

thanks for the tip regarding getting a "wireless number" that would be eligible to use to establish service on VM's "inner Circle" by using "TWIGLY.

The "FREE2START" promo has been replaced with “HALFOFF”, so not so bad just the same.

My total was $6.88 and they allow up to 5 lines per household with the half price offer.

What was interesting was when looking for the porting details which I will quote below, I noticed this:

'...30-day satisfaction guarantee and are porting your number to a new carrier, the port must be complete before the 30 days in order to receive the refund and to avoid being charged for a second month of service. It is recommended to request the port at least four (4) business days or more before the 30 days has passed."

I had been setting up some lines elsewhere for around $11 per line (ouch).

:-)

terracom

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5