Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ZTE Axon 7 on T-mobile

Feedback Score

ZTE Axon 7 on T-mobile

Thinking of purchasing an unlocked Axon 7 to replace my HTC M8. Anyone here have that phone and does it work great on T-mobile?

Does it have all the current bands to work with the service?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Works fine and it has wifi calling.

It has a ton of bands, but not 66 and the upcoming 71. I don't think 66 is hardly anywhere anyway. So it has the important ones - 2,4,12 and 5 if you're in a certain location.

Feedback Score
    I absolutely love everything about the phone. Only thing I might have an issue with is the "unlit" capacitive buttons. Is it really a pain in everyday use?

Feedback Score
    I tried it and it was terrible on T-Mobile. It was constantly dropping the signal.

I replaced it with a Moto G fifth generation and it was night and day. The Moto works great on T-Mobile, the axon 7 was terrible.

Otherwise the axon isn't a bad phone. The sound is great. The screen is great. The buttons at the bottom are a complete design failure but at least they can be used.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    An addendum. I ended up keeping the axon 7 to use as a Daydream VR device. That way I don't have to worry about the inferior cell phone radio in it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I tried it and it was terrible on T-Mobile. It was constantly dropping the signal.

I replaced it with a Moto G fifth generation and it was night and day. The Moto works great on T-Mobile, the axon 7 was terrible.

Otherwise the axon isn't a bad phone. The sound is great. The screen is great. The buttons at the bottom are a complete design failure but at least they can be used.

How recently did you have the Axon 7? I have heard that ZTE has released lots of updates to the Axon 7 since its initial release in 2016 and some of those release may have fixed the signal issues which was documented in the initial release.

Feedback Score
    I stop using it 2 months ago. It had the most recent updates.

The Axon 7 seemed like exactly what it was: the first product in the new phase of a burner company aspiring to something better.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by navyson View Post
    How recently did you have the Axon 7? I have heard that ZTE has released lots of updates to the Axon 7 since its initial release in 2016 and some of those release may have fixed the signal issues which was documented in the initial release.
    He had reception issues. I don't. It's no different than my Honor 8 and the LG V10 I had before it if that helps.

The unlit buttons take some getting used to. Coming from the LG V10 with its onscreen buttons, I wish the Axon 7 had an option for that.

Feedback Score
    Just found this cool video on how to enable virtual soft keys on any andriod device. I definitely will install this when I get my Axon 7.
    App seem to be highly rated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoyre5_2Z0M

Feedback Score
    I'm using it right now. Haven't had any issues with signal as others have reported. I'm running on LOS though. I ran stock until nougat was released and didn't have issues with the signal. It's an aluminum build, so the signal will be weaker, but it's not as big of a discrepancy as some have reported.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by navyson View Post
    Just found this cool video on how to enable virtual soft keys on any andriod device. I definitely will install this when I get my Axon 7.
    App seem to be highly rated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoyre5_2Z0M
    Ive used that app a few times before on older Samsung devices. S7 most recently. It's alright. It definitely adds soft keys, they work, you just have to play around with it especially with background colors and such. The most annoying thing with the app is the soft keys don't know when to disappear automatically. So when you bring up say your keyboard to text, the soft keys will block the lower row of your keyboard. I believe it has gesture controls though where you can swipe up or down on the bottom of the screen to bring them up and down. If I remember right it had that. The app does work, it just isn't perfect. I didn't watch the video so they may of explained all of that in the video, if so sorry for repeating it, I just recognized the app.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    Ive used that app a few times before on older Samsung devices. S7 most recently. It's alright. It definitely adds soft keys, they work, you just have to play around with it especially with background colors and such. The most annoying thing with the app is the soft keys don't know when to disappear automatically. So when you bring up say your keyboard to text, the soft keys will block the lower row of your keyboard. I believe it has gesture controls though where you can swipe up or down on the bottom of the screen to bring them up and down. If I remember right it had that. The app does work, it just isn't perfect. I didn't watch the video so they may of explained all of that in the video, if so sorry for repeating it, I just recognized the app.
    I used that to to get around the button problem on the Axon 7. "It's better on paper", and ultimately I got rid of it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I currently use the Zte max pro until the note 8 comes out. Zte phones are not very good. I've always had Samsung and they always worked excellent. 3 months into my 1st zmax pro it became so slow I couldn't use it because there was a 10 second delay every time I pressed a button so TMobile swapped it out. As I am using the new one it's quick but I can tell it's starting to slow down too. I called Zte and they are of zero help. All they ask you to do is factory reset the phone. Do yourself a big favor and go with something else. You will save yourself from a big headache. Hey if you want one so bad I will sell you mine for $100.....just kidding you don't want it.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy26 View Post
    I currently use the Zte max pro until the note 8 comes out. Zte phones are not very good.

For $100, what do you expect. You can't compare a $100 ZTE Max Pro with a $900 Galaxy Note 8.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmtan2 View Post
    It's an aluminum build, so the signal will be weaker[/URL]
    And that may be why it seems fine to me. Aside from the Honor 8 (glass) that I have now and the LG V10 (plastic) that I had previously, I had the HTC One M7, M8, and M9, all of which were aluminum. So the Axon 7 has reception equivalent to those from what I can tell. If I had a Motorola in the past, maybe I would have noticed a difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast