Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Updated coverage map

Feedback Score

Updated coverage map

Looks like the REAL T-Mobile Coverage Map (not the EOY 2017 comparison map) has been updated and now shows the new LTE at Yosemite National Park as well as other places. Weird though that it still shows 2G on the highway that goes across the island I live on (Saddle Road) which has been LTE/4G for over a year.
    https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/COVERAGE-map

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S+ (Personal) iPhone 7 Qualcomm (Work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Personal) Verizon (Work)
    Feedback Score
    Interesting. Anybody been through the park lately that can verify if TMo LTE is on air? And if so, how was it?

Feedback Score
    It wasn't live yet when I was there in April and there wasn't any AT&T roaming either. It looks like a smaller area than ATT and Verizon covers in the park and judging by the map, it looks like just one tower. But it's a start.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sethc0077 View Post
    Interesting. Anybody been through the park lately that can verify if TMo LTE is on air? And if so, how was it?
    From the map, they probably didn't install their antenna(s) on the same pole as AT&T and Verizon. T-Mobile's coverage seems to be centered on the Visitors' Center. It also appears to be mid-band only, no 700 MHz.

I'm looking forward to someone going there with CellMapper.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA, Vodafone ES
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    From the map, they probably didn't install their antenna(s) on the same pole as AT&T and Verizon. T-Mobile's coverage seems to be centered on the Visitors' Center. It also appears to be mid-band only, no 700 MHz.

T-Mobile is on the same physical tower as AT&T & Verizon in Yosemite Valley. However, AT&T and especially VZW have more sites in the park than this, but it's a good start.

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    They updated some towers in NH as well, including a new one that went up recently and band 12 on another site.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's good to see that they are still adding towers and not just focusing on 600

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

That seems strange they wouldn't start with 700 here. Do they not own any 700 in that area or something?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy84094 View Post
    T-Mobile is on the same physical tower as AT&T & Verizon in Yosemite Valley. However, AT&T and especially VZW have more sites in the park than this, but it's a good start.
    Last time I checked, Verizon and AT&T had four small antennas on a wooden mast behind the phone exchange[/URL]. There are also small dishes for the microwave relay to their solar-powered mountain-top site.
    Name:  Clipboard01.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  62.8 KB
    (I had a lot of trouble linking to Google Maps, so I copied the street level view and uploaded it.)

Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    It's good to see that they are still adding towers and not just focusing on 600
    Hopefully, they will be able to do both. When they add towers, they can hang antennas that are capable on both bands. As 600 is cleared, they can light it up without having to hang anything new.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sethc0077 View Post
    That seems strange they wouldn't start with 700 here. Do they not own any 700 in that area or something?
    All I can think of is that they'd be limited on the size of the antennas they could deploy. Yosemite Village is a very small area and range is limited by topography.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i noticed a month ago they added native coverage in Princeton, WV and a week ago i noticed on sensorly they now coverage coverage in Bland, Va which are both located on I-77. there is a new array on a AT&T site where i live about 7 miles from I-64 where T-Mobile has Band 12 and I'm almost sure it's T-Mobile but hasn't been activated yet. i noticed a new array about 2 months ago and i did buy an unlocked phone to test it but i roamed on AT&T's HSPA+ network.

Sent from my LG-V930 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    All I can think of is that they'd be limited on the size of the antennas they could deploy. Yosemite Village is a very small area and range is limited by topography.
    Ya, that makes sense.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Actually, they did. AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile all share the same tower in Yosemite Village. There's only one cell site in the valley.

The difference is that T-Mobile is only using B4, while AT&T and Verizon are using B12/17/13.

Last time I checked, Verizon and AT&T had four small antennas on a wooden mast behind the phone exchange[/URL]. There are also small dishes for the microwave relay to their solar-powered mountain-top site.
    Name:  Clipboard01.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  62.8 KB
    That was the old site. They recently ran fiber there and replaced that old wooden pole with a metal monopole.

https://parkplanning.nps.gov/project...rojectID=57849

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwtmd View Post
    ....That was the old site. They recently ran fiber there and replaced that old wooden pole with a metal monopole.
    Is the new monopole disguised as a tree or anything?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwtmd View Post
    Actually, they did. AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile all share the same tower in Yosemite Village. There's only one cell site in the valley.

The difference is that T-Mobile is only using B4, while AT&T and Verizon are using B12/17/13.
    Did AT&T actually upgrade to LTE in the valley? Last time I was there it was still UMTS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast