Thread: Tracfone ZTE Z233vL, anyone have one?

Feedback Score

Tracfone ZTE Z233vL, anyone have one?

I visited zteusa website & Tracfone to look at the ZTE Cymbal C LTE. Tracfone had it for 19.99. It was stated that it does WiFi. I've seen elsewhere that it has FM radio. But at ZTE USA it has 2.8" full touch display. Touchscreen? It looks like a basic flip.

Does anyone have this phone? If so, how do they like it & is it a touchscreen?

Does it fund as a smartphone or as a double minutes phone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I visited zteusa website & Tracfone to look at the ZTE Cymbal C LTE. Tracfone had it for 19.99. It was stated that it does WiFi. I've seen elsewhere that it has FM radio. But at ZTE USA it has 2.8" full touch display. Touchscreen? It looks like a basic flip.

I had the phone and yes it's a touchscreen with wi-fi and internet. It is not android and can not down load apps. It was a double minute phone.

Feedback Score
    Thnx for answering. Odd it can't download apps but it did seem on specs to have limited user memory. Would think if they were going to make the phone a touchscreen & with WiFi access, they could've given it more user memory &just charge a bit more for it.

I have the ZTE Cymbal T LTE, or z353vL which is an Android flip with touchscreen.

Is there anything you really like about the Z233, that you feel it does really well, or anything you really dislike about it?

Were you glad you got it?

Feedback Score

Yes, the Z233VL is the same basic model as the ZTE Cymbal-C LTE. Uses only smartphone airtime cards, which is a first for a non-smartphone TracFone. Does not have a touchscreen, and operates much like other basic phones with some enhanced features.

http://tracfone.devicebits.com/tracf...L&locale=en_US

Feedback Score
    Just saw the Tracfone z233vL at Walmart website for 29.99. One of the pictures was of the open flip & the other was of the box front saying it only works with smartphone plans. It displayed the $15 plan. Thats much better than double minutes but wonder why not the regular top up or refill cards with triple minutes if it uses the 3 bucket smartphone system.

Feedback Score
    See http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...an-on-Tracfone

Just saw the Tracfone z233vL at Walmart website for 29.99. One of the pictures was of the open flip & the other was of the box front saying it only works with smartphone plans. It displayed the $15 plan. Thats much better than double minutes but wonder why not the regular top up or refill cards with triple minutes if it uses the 3 bucket smartphone system.

Feedback Score
    On closer inspection, I had the z222 which is about the same. It was fine, just a glove box phone. Too small of a screen for everyday use.

Feedback Score
    I have an AT&T branded z222 that i never activated because they switched back to 25c minutes from 10c. Seemed like a good basic flip though. My first ZTE was an AT&T qwerty that had to be returned, it crashed doing email. Don't recall the model but was peeved cuz it was a pretty nice phone. The raise in cost on AT&T was why i came to Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    The thread that tfusr19 gave a link to is fairly long, so here is the jist of it. New phones introduced after April 1 are made for use with smartphone only airtime cards. Phones made before that can still use triple minute (3x) cards, and so can BYOP phones if the early style SIM kit is used. The latest SIM kits will not allow the use of triple minute cards just like the TF branded phones.

There are still a number of models being sold that can use triple minute cards. It will take some time before the inventory of older phones runs out. TracFone will deny this, but these will triple. A problem with the smartphone cards is the low service time compared to the standard cards.

Feedback Score
    Thnx for repeating the info for us. I visited the link & did see some of the info there. Also found Turk Tracfone forum & that has gr8 threads, havn't joined yet cuz i havn't finished reading yet. Need to read b4 posting or i repeat questions posted elsewhere.

I visited the link to the z233 manual & downloaded it to my Cymbal T. No mention of email or WiFi, touchscreen, so right, it is pretty basic. The info i saw on zteusa was for Cymbal C a better model. Thats the one Tracfone needs to offer.

While i don't want touchscreen on a basic flip, WiFi, email, good amount of expandable user memory &FM radio i do like.

Feedback Score
    I visited the link to the z233 manual & downloaded it to my Cymbal T. No mention of email or WiFi, touchscreen, so right, it is pretty basic. The info i saw on zteusa was for Cymbal C a better model. Thats the one Tracfone needs to offer.

While i don't want touchscreen on a basic flip, WiFi, email, good amount of expandable user memory &FM radio i do like.
    Yer right, the TracFone version is missing some features. Was common with the basic phones back in the day. Funny thing is the TF 3G feature phones had most of the features you mentioned. Samsung S390G, LG840G, LG306G. Never on a flip though.

Feedback Score
    Would've liked to have had one of their qwerty triple minutes devices, do not know why they don't offer any more advanced feature phones or better quality flips but i guess theres always BYOP option. I did find someone in the BlackBerry threads that had a BYOP BB Passport & Leap & said BB10 should work.

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    do not know why they don't offer any more advanced feature phones or better quality flips
    Most because of market demand. The vast majority were clamoring for smartphones.

So why waste money developing other products?

Same reason slider out qwerty smartphones (like the Droid thru Droid 4) went away. They just weren't selling well enough.

Feedback Score
    To keep the costs low on this phone, they are using some kind of Linux or Android stub. It is not a full on OS, only built to support the most basic of features, including browsing, texting etc. This phone is an oddball though. I had a chance to see what one looked like at Metro PCS the other day, the display model on it, and did not see a Wifi option on their store sample.