Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Verizon sending letters to LTE in Rural America users concerning termination (letter

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    So far only unlimited data customers right?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Got my letter. I don't even use much data, but am on the unlimited plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge, Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    Wow. I ported this line to AT&T a few weeks ago and service has been stellar. Although they are doing this in what they think is their best interest, I have been disappointed in Verizon this last few months. Well, they don't care what I think but they aren't getting my money anymore either.

Feedback Score
    I haven't gotten a letter as I just switched back and to unlimited but know a few people in thumb cellular area(thumb of michigan) that just got these letters...its really to bad bc thumb cell has horrible customer service, bad prices are terrible phone selection...nothing works near as good up here either, second best service is att but quite a few bad areas since it's all b5 up here and going in buildings suffers. Sprint and t mobile are just terrible here for coverage

Feedback Score
    Got the letter today. I have three lines and use roughly 80-100 gigs a month with about 20 gigs a month on native VZW. Guess it's back to Bluegrass for me. Their unlimited plan is around the same price as VZW but after 22 gigs you're throttled to a max of 1 Mbps. No HD voice, no VoLTE, and no wifi calling.

Since VZW couldn't depriortize while on an extended network, I wonder if bluegrass can throttle while I'm on the VZW network? Anyone know?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EricB294 View Post
    Got the letter today. I have three lines and use roughly 80-100 gigs a month with about 20 gigs a month on native VZW. Guess it's back to Bluegrass for me. Their unlimited plan is around the same price as VZW but after 22 gigs you're throttled to a max of 1 Mbps. No HD voice, no VoLTE, and no wifi calling.

Since VZW couldn't depriortize while on an extended network, I wonder if bluegrass can throttle while I'm on the VZW network? Anyone know?
    Haven't got a letter yet but not on unlimited which may not make any difference. I was looking at Bluegrass also but hate to lose my # but when I looked at their packages it said after 12GB you're throttled. I've been with Verizon for 9 years but I'm in the extended network 99% of the time. I've never noticed any throttling but not sure if they can or not.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Verizon told me that anything AFTER 09/12 they would not pay off the remaining balance of a device. So the rep allowed me to order two brand new phones and notated that Verizon would pay them off as a curtesy. Have you guys had any win back luck?
    Current Device: Black iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier: AT&T

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge, Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy2c View Post
    I haven't gotten a letter as I just switched back and to unlimited but know a few people in thumb cellular area(thumb of michigan) that just got these letters...its really to bad bc thumb cell has horrible customer service, bad prices are terrible phone selection...nothing works near as good up here either, second best service is att but quite a few bad areas since it's all b5 up here and going in buildings suffers. Sprint and t mobile are just terrible here for coverage
    Hopefully AT&T will be deploying B14 in the Thumb which should help improve the signal. Although, a new device will be required in the future. I've been from one end of the Thumb area to the other and I agree 100%.....Thumb Cellular has the best coverage. Better than VZ in my area that's for sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EricB294 View Post

Bluegrass will have HD voice and VoLTE very, very soon. They actually have had it in testing for several months. They will be the first in the LRA and there were a lot of unforeseen technical issues, mostly on VZW side that had to be worked out.
    I don't think they can throttle data while on the VZW network.

Feedback Score
    For those affected by this, I presume that Verizon's coverage maps show your area as covered by Verizon.

Is Verizon going to update their coverage maps to reflect that they will not allow customers in the affected areas who actually use data?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KyTech View Post
    Bluegrass will have HD voice and VoLTE very, very soon. They actually have had it in testing for several months. They will be the first in the LRA and there were a lot of unforeseen technical issues, mostly on VZW side that had to be worked out.
    I don't think they can throttle data while on the VZW network.
    That's good to know, thanks for the info. Now if they would drop the throttling for deprioritization I'd have no complaints.

Device(s)
    iphone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This has hit the news today for the LRA in Maine. In this case the partner network does not sell services directly. They were solely formed to build this network for Verizon only... Now Verizon is dumping the customers that live there. Verizon marketed this region hard when it was built.

https://bangordailynews.com/2017/09/...ington-county/

http://www.wireless-partnersllc.com/

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rwherman View Post
    This has hit the news today for the LRA in Maine. In this case the partner network does not sell services directly. They were solely formed to build this network for Verizon only... Now Verizon is dumping the customers that live there. Verizon marketed this region hard when it was built.

https://bangordailynews.com/2017/09/...ington-county/

http://www.wireless-partnersllc.com/
    Verizon should be buying out their LRA partners not giving everyone the boot. That would be the smarter thing to do in the long run but they're looking very short term right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they worked something out later on and turned right around and offered these people service again. They like to jerk people around like that. (Look at the purge they did from gUDP last winter then turned around and offered UDP again).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    Verizon should be buying out their LRA partners not giving everyone the boot. That would be the smarter thing to do in the long run but they're looking very short term right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they worked something out later on and turned right around and offered these people service again. They like to jerk people around like that. (Look at the purge they did from gUDP last winter then turned around and offered UDP again).
    Yes, it's their "good guy, bad guy routine". Can you hear me now?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast