Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: H2O has eliminated their 2GB plan

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O (AT&T), Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I saw this in another thread yesterday. Maybe this applies to your situation.

"A slower download than upload typically indicates congestion on the Air Interface. They need to add another carrier to handle the traffic load"

Carrier(s)
    h2o Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    In practice I'm partially correct, new subscribers can't get a $30/$27 2GB plan from the get go (no reason to with the 3GB promotion) til month 2. Any existing who had a 3GB plan and wants to continue will be looking at $35/$31.50.

Or do I have this wrong?
    Hmm. Maybe there's some confusion here. I believe you are referring to (2) different plans.

The $30 ($27) plan is 2GB. The $35 ($31.5) is 3GB. We have a new user promotion on the $30 plan right now for 3GB during the first month.

If a new user subscribes to the $30 plan, they will receive 3GB the first month then 2GB in subsequent months.

If they want to continue having 3GB, then yes, they will have to upgrade to the $35 plan, but it will not be done automatically.

The $30 plan promotion is a good way to gauge how much LTE data you will actually need per month while saving some money. Most subscribers will do fine with 2GB, but the free extra 1GB will give them some room to judge which plan is best for them if they end up using more.

Hope that clears things up!

Feedback Score
    Red Pocket's 6 month, $153/3GB plan is looking more and more attractive.

No speed cap either.
    I can't find this plan on their website. Link?

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sampoot View Post
    I can't find this plan on their website. Link?
    https://www.amazon.com/Red-Pocket-Mo...38FK9H7GB2RB6H

Feedback Score
    Thanks, what about the yearly plan for $255? This seems like THE absolute best personal (non-group) cellphone plan out there.

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Pocket-Mo...+Pocket+Mobile

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    Just bear in mind that there is no unlimited 2G speed data on those Red Pocket multi-month plans, for use once you've exceeded your high-speed allotment.

There *is* unlimited 2G data on RP's standard monthly unlimited plan, however, and you can get that for $25/month after Autopay discount without added tax outside California.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaff View Post
    Just bear in mind that there is no unlimited 2G speed data on those Red Pocket multi-month plans, for use once you've exceeded your high-speed allotment.

There *is* unlimited 2G data on RP's standard monthly unlimited plan, however, and you can get that for $25/month after Autopay discount without added tax outside California.
    A few have been saying it's unlimited on the multi month plan ... http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1#post16885771

EDIT:

Just checked my account and this is what it states -

Account Status: Active
    Account Plan: 180 Day 3GB Plan
    Plan Expiration Date : September 9th, 2017
    Available Voice Minutes: Unlimited
    Available Text Messages: Unlimited
    Available High Speed Data (MB): 1,780.70
    Available Reduced Speed Data (MB): Unlimited

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    That runs contrary to this answer from RP themselves:

https://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx1OT...sin=B01D50H072

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    That runs contrary to this answer from RP themselves:

https://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx1OT...sin=B01D50H072
    Could depend on which carrier is chosen. Do you have a plan with them?

Feedback Score

Well, 3GB is way more than enough for me personally so a hard cap doesn't matter.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    A few have been saying it's unlimited on the multi month plan ... http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1#post16885771

EDIT:

Any complaints with the service? I'm with H20 now on the $30 ($27 auto-pay) as are many people in my family. We've all been having problems with data intermittently not working lately. In fact three of us had to change the APN about a month ago because data stopped working all together.

Feedback Score

EDIT:

Any complaints with the service? I'm with H20 now on the $30 ($27 auto-pay) as are many people in my family. We've all been having problems with data intermittently not working lately. In fact three of us had to change the APN about a month ago because data stopped working all together. Strangely I couldn't find anyone else who had the same issue. At the time I was sure there was an outage due to the fact data stopped working for all of us at the same time in three different locations over a 24 hour period give or take.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Any complaints with the service? I'm with H20 now on the $30 ($27 auto-pay) as are many people in my family. We've all been having problems with data intermittently not working lately. In fact three of us had to change the APN about a month ago because data stopped working all together. Strangely I couldn't find anyone else who had the same issue. At the time I was sure there was an outage due to the fact data stopped working for all of us at the same time in three different locations over a 24 hour period give or take.
    I switched from H2O to Red Pocket about a month ago. No data outages to speak of. Pretty much a slam dunk .. an extra gig, uncapped speeds, and lower price. Otherwise not much of a difference. Only weird thing was I needed to use RP's APN configurator to make changes. Manual changes didn't 'stick'. Maybe it's hardware dependent.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    Could depend on which carrier is chosen. Do you have a plan with them?
    I just bought a SIM from them for the monthly unlimited plan, though haven't activated it yet.

I probably would switch to the 6 month plan if I knew definitively it came with unlimited 2G data.

Feedback Score
    I have had no problems with H2O data. I never needed to enter the APN manually either as it's automatically listed on the phones that I had the H2O SIM's in. In fact, I relied on H2O data during Hurricane Harvey in the last several days as my Xfinity cable Internet was out of service.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast