Thread: Upgrading LG L41C to Samsung Galaxy Sky 5' 16 GB

Feedback Score

Upgrading LG L41C to Samsung Galaxy Sky 5' 16 GB

Last year I upgraded my LG L41C to a Rebel Tracfone. That was a big mistake for me, I hated the screen and I could not read any tiny text because the screen had such a low res. I ended up transferring my service back to my LG L41C. My thoughts are to get the Samsung Galaxy Sky from HSN and since it looks like it should have a screen better than the LG L41C and it comes with triple minutes for life, which will be a thing of the past soon. Also, I want to be able to transfer my service to a phone that takes a nano SIM card, which is in the Sky. I am trying to future proof myself, if the phone dies, I want to be able to just move the SIM card to a new non-Tracfone that is unlocked for Verizon network (the one I want to use). Any thoughts on this subject, will it work or is it a bad plan?

Device(s)
    SM-S320VL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Huge upgrade. I did the same. You will regret not having done it sooner.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryST View Post
    Huge upgrade. I did the same. You will regret not having done it sooner.
    OK GaryST I just bought the Samsung Galaxy Sky, so I will see what it's like soon. The price was right and I get a new phone with another year of service and my buckets get filled up again. I figure what's not to like. It has a replaceable battery too, that is a plus.

Feedback Score
    I used to have a LG L41C and I loved that phone. It was a real workhorse of a phone. I really liked the lighted notification display on the physical home button.

I've gone through other phones and now I have a Samsung Galaxy Sky. Mine is a Net10 phone but I have a Tracfone SIM card in it. (The SIM is attached to the IMEI of a Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Core Prime phone). I like the Sky well enough. It has a very nice Amoled screen display. Mine is pretty fast and does everything I need it to do. There is no sort of notification light though, only sound, but I like my phones to be silent.

Feedback Score
    Eohippus, of the things I will miss is the lighted notification display on the home button, but I can live without it. One of my favorite apps requires a compass to work properly and I don't think the Samsung Galaxy Sky has one, at least that is what customer service for Samsung told me. I intend to use the phone until I find a phone of similar size that I like and move on to using that one. From what you said, the SIM can be removed and put into a different phone. That is good to know. I also have a Moto X on Tracfone and use that when I want a larger screen, it's a great phone but just too large for everyday use. I bought it as an experiment, since so many of my friends have larger phones. In the end I found that I like a phone that can fit in my shirt pocket without straining it, but I will continue to keep both active on Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    The Sky does not have a compass and I miss that too. Since the LG L41C I still have not found a LTE CDMA phone that has everything that I like. I'll make do for now with the Sky or the Samsung Galaxy J1 that I also have.

Feedback Score
    ICantHearYouNow,
    Yes, you should be able to move the CDMA SIM from the TracFone Sky to an unlocked CDMA BYOP.