Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: I was going to Cricket but found out my phone won't fully work. How about Red Pocket?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    588
    Feedback Score
    0

    I was going to Cricket but found out my phone won't fully work. How about Red Pocket?

    I have a Verizon Samsung Note 5. It works on PagePlus fine.

    I was going to move to Cricket but my phone will not fully work I'm being told...certain bands.

    I really wish PagePlus would just increase the data of the 29.95 plan but it's not looking like they will.

    Anyone know if all bands of my phone would work on Red Pocket? I know they have Ebay deals every so often so I'd just keep an eye out but want to make sure my phone would be fully compatible. Anyone else leave PagePlus for Red Pocket? I may just be stuck on PagePlus until my phone dies. :-(

    Thanks.
    Last edited by diddlydudette; 07-31-2017 at 08:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,873
    Feedback Score
    0
    Choose the Red Pocket VZW carrier plan.

    The RED CDMA is VZW network.
    The Yellow CDMAS is Sprint.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

    Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    4,748
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    0

    I was going to Cricket but found out my phone won't fully work. How about Red...

    It will work with cricket 4G which is 4mb speed. Try it for a month and see how it goes.
    Make cheap national and int'l telephone calls with a calling card! Click here!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,960
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes, the Vzw Samsung Note 5 is missing some AT&T LTE bands.

    As already mentioned, use the red Vzw network SIM that comes in the Red Pocket SIM kit, and it should work just like with PPC. The Red Pocket $255/yr plan available at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D50H1L2 works out to only $21.25/mo and will provide you with UT&T + 3GB/mo of LTE data, so it's a really good deal.

    I did use Red Pocket for 14+ months as a second step after finally leaving PPC, before I eventually left for a free service, and it worked flawlessly for that entire 14+ months after an initial setup issue. Red Pocket extended my 1 year plan for a little over 2 extra months due to that issue. In the end, the issue was actually caused by my LG G2 VS980, and not Red Pocket, but they still gave me the 2+ months extension for the trouble.

    If the free service I'm using now ever fails to provide the service I need, I would have no issue returning to Red Pocket, as long as one of their plans meet my service needs at the time.
    PagePlus-PayG 2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 PayG 2013-2016
    Selectel-PayG 2013-2015
    Puppy-Test 2014
    Tracfone-PayG 2015-2016
    TruPhone-PayG 2015-TBD
    Red Pocket-eBay 2016-2017
    Piranha-PayG 2016-TBD
    FreedomPop-GSM 1,200MB/Mo Free 2016-TBD

    Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    588
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Choose the Red Pocket VZW carrier plan.

    The RED CDMA is VZW network.
    The Yellow CDMAS is Sprint.
    Thank you!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    588
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Yes, the Vzw Samsung Note 5 is missing some AT&T LTE bands.

    As already mentioned, use the red Vzw network SIM that comes in the Red Pocket SIM kit, and it should work just like with PPC. The Red Pocket $255/yr plan available at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D50H1L2 works out to only $21.25/mo and will provide you with UT&T + 3GB/mo of LTE data, so it's a really good deal.

    I did use Red Pocket for 14+ months as a second step after finally leaving PPC, before I eventually left for a free service, and it worked flawlessly for that entire 14+ months after an initial setup issue. Red Pocket extended my 1 year plan for a little over 2 extra months due to that issue. In the end, the issue was actually caused by my LG G2 VS980, and not Red Pocket, but they still gave me the 2+ months extension for the trouble.

    If the free service I'm using now ever fails to provide the service I need, I would have no issue returning to Red Pocket, as long as one of their plans meet my service needs at the time.
    That is a pretty good deal considering it works just like PagePlus and I get 2 extra gig of data. I'm thinking it over. Hopefully they don't go out of business? It's a little scary buying a year at a time, but hopefully if my phone dies my service can be transferred.

    I really wish they had this plan on Ebay. I have 88.00 in Ebay Bucks that expire tomorrow. What to do, what to do. :-)

    Thanks so much for the response.

    ETA: Boz, would this plan sold on Ebay work? Wouldn't it be the same as my PagePlus current plan (29.95)? I could go ahead and use my 88.00 in Ebay Bucks to buy this and then afterward, I can buy the 1 year plan (cheaper and more data) if I decide on Amazon...but at least I can get rid of my Ebay Bucks today and give Red Pocket a try.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-9...oAAOSwjKFZOzz5

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    588
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    It will work with cricket 4G which is 4mb speed. Try it for a month and see how it goes.
    That's a good idea...I'll definitely consider that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,960
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    That is a pretty good deal considering it works just like PagePlus and I get 2 extra gig of data. I'm thinking it over. Hopefully they don't go out of business? It's a little scary buying a year at a time, but hopefully if my phone dies my service can be transferred.

    I really wish they had this plan on Ebay. I have 88.00 in Ebay Bucks that expire tomorrow. What to do, what to do. :-)

    Thanks so much for the response.

    ETA: Boz, would this plan sold on Ebay work? Wouldn't it be the same as my PagePlus current plan (29.95)? I could go ahead and use my 88.00 in Ebay Bucks to buy this and then afterward, I can buy the 1 year plan (cheaper and more data) if I decide on Amazon...but at least I can get rid of my Ebay Bucks today and give Red Pocket a try.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-9...oAAOSwjKFZOzz5
    Yes, it would, just with unlimited minutes.

    I'm not sure why the $225 UT&T + 3GB/mo plan is only on Amazon, but it's a great deal compared to the other Red Pocket plans on eBay, or any other MVNO anywhere!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    588
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Yes, it would, just with unlimited minutes.

    I'm not sure why the $225 UT&T + 3GB/mo plan is only on Amazon, but it's a great deal compared to the other Red Pocket plans on eBay, or any other MVNO anywhere!
    Thanks, I will probably go ahead. 3gb of data would be a perfect fit for me. That's plenty. I just used my Ebay Bucks on a gift card so will go ahead and take the leap on Amazon. 21.25 a month is about what I'd be paying if I went to Cricket and going to Red Pocket, my phone would work fully and I wouldn't have to worry about joining a group to get Cricket's 20.00 a month price.

    I also checked Amazon's price history for this plan and it looks like it's a good deal as it usually sells higher according to camelcamelcamel, https://camelcamelcamel.com/Red-Pock...uct/B01D50H1L2

    Thanks so much for verifying everything should work fine. I can't believe I'm doing it. I've been with PagePlus forever and you helped me back then finally move from Verizon post paid to Pageplus....best decision ever.

    I'll verify with Red Pocket about a few things and then I'll buy it....so nervous.
    Last edited by diddlydudette; 08-01-2017 at 02:36 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,783
    Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just know that you won't have any roaming on Red Pocket like you would on Page Plus. If you've never used it then you would probably be fine.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    588
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    Just know that you won't have any roaming on Red Pocket like you would on Page Plus. If you've never used it then you would probably be fine.
    Thanks. I know I'm sounding completely non-technical, but how would I have known if I was roaming? I never had any messages pop up. If I did any roaming, I was completely oblivious to it. lol I don't do a lot of traveling so perhaps that's when you'd need roaming? Thanks though for the heads-up.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,783
    Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    Thanks. I know I'm sounding completely non-technical, but how would I have known if I was roaming? I never had any messages pop up. If I did any roaming, I was completely oblivious to it. lol I don't do a lot of traveling so perhaps that's when you'd need roaming? Thanks though for the heads-up.
    As far as I know, you get a message that says you have to dial the number again (double dial) on an outgoing call. You also have a roaming triangle displayed next to your signal bars. And it costs $0.20 or $0.29 per minute depending on the plan on PPC.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    588
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    As far as I know, you get a message that says you have to dial the number again (double dial) on an outgoing call. You also have a roaming triangle displayed next to your signal bars. And it costs $0.20 or $0.29 per minute depending on the plan on PPC.
    Thanks again for explaining.

    Well, I have at times gotten a strange message when dialing out. Some type message from Verizon. I never really paid it any attention. I just hung up and redialed and call went thru. It was a phone number I call frequently. Maybe 1 out of 20 times, I might have to redial the phone number. You think that is roaming. The person being called lives less than a mile down the road.

    I've always been on the 29.95 plan and never charged any extra fees.

    I'm trying to get an answer from Red Pocket on the refund policy at Amazon. The chat rep on their website didn't know the answer. I will purchase as soon as I find out if for some strange reason it doesn't work on my phone after purchasing, that I can get a refund. I'm thinking what if texting doesn't work or some other issue. Kind of surprised the Red Pocket chat rep didn't know the return policy at Amazon.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,873
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hope you don't need a refund. But Amazon will refund for valid reasons if Red Pocket doesn't.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,960
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    Thanks again for explaining.

    Well, I have at times gotten a strange message when dialing out. Some type message from Verizon. I never really paid it any attention. I just hung up and redialed and call went thru. It was a phone number I call frequently. Maybe 1 out of 20 times, I might have to redial the phone number. You think that is roaming. The person being called lives less than a mile down the road.

    I've always been on the 29.95 plan and never charged any extra fees.

    I'm trying to get an answer from Red Pocket on the refund policy at Amazon. The chat rep on their website didn't know the answer. I will purchase as soon as I find out if for some strange reason it doesn't work on my phone after purchasing, that I can get a refund. I'm thinking what if texting doesn't work or some other issue. Kind of surprised the Red Pocket chat rep didn't know the return policy at Amazon.
    What you are describing was not a roaming call.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 11:35 AM
  2. So I was going to buy a Late Night w/ Conan Mug but...
    By spiritofevil99 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 09:07 AM
  3. was going to buy a a900 today but..
    By xxhiyanxx in forum Sprint
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 06:10 PM
  4. was going to sign up today but...
    By littlen in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 04:08 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks