Thread: Does LTE roaming count against the 100MB limit?

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Does LTE roaming count against the 100MB limit?

I'm looking to try out Sprint with their free year promo, but I live in northern New England where many areas I travel are only covered by LTE roaming. Does data here count against the 100MB limit?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    I'm looking to try out Sprint with their free year promo, but I live in northern New England where many areas I travel are only covered by LTE roaming. Does data here count against the 100MB limit?
    On Att and uscc yes. On other carriers it varies

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    On Att and uscc yes. On other carriers it varies

What's the point of having LTE roaming then? 100MB can be blown through in a couple minutes of normal use :/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    What's the point of having LTE roaming then? 100MB can be blown through in a couple minutes of normal use :/
    Just to give some usage away from home network. You really think att is going to allow high amounts. Tmobile allotment is only 50mb. Mostly it will allow for phone calls when they drop VZW.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Just to give some usage away from home network. You really think att is going to allow high amounts. Tmobile allotment is only 50mb. Mostly it will allow for phone calls when they drop VZW.

T-Mobile is actually 200MB. But they normally throttle you too so you don't go through it that quickly

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Sprint has a much smaller footprint than the other 3 so they really need roaming. I haven't seen any T-Mobile roaming for a long time. When I had Sprint, it was always on Extended, which was useless for data. If they're going to advertise LTE roaming on their coverage map like it's native coverage, there shouldn't be a limit. I don't believe T-Mobile has such limits on LTE partner coverage. T-Mobile's limits only apply on AT&T and a couple of other expensive carriers who, as already mentioned, they throttle to reduce blowing through the 200mb quickly.

But given that even Verizon is terminating service for people who roam too much, I guess it must be a problem for all the carriers to pay extra for allowing their customers to roam.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm 40MB into LTE roaming, the majority was on AT&T LTE in Alabama throttled to 120Kbps with some 3G roaming on Verizon. My LTE roaming on CSpire in MS was full speed and counted as native roaming. You will need to check the coverage map to find out what they count the roaming as.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    Sprint has a much smaller footprint than the other 3 so they really need roaming. I haven't seen any T-Mobile roaming for a long time. When I had Sprint, it was always on Extended, which was useless for data. If they're going to advertise LTE roaming on their coverage map like it's native coverage, there shouldn't be a limit. I don't believe T-Mobile has such limits on LTE partner coverage. T-Mobile's limits only apply on AT&T and a couple of other expensive carriers who, as already mentioned, they throttle to reduce blowing through the 200mb quickly.

But given that even Verizon is terminating service for people who roam too much, I guess it must be a problem for all the carriers to pay extra for allowing their customers to roam.
    Carriers decided that they are supporting T-Mobile and Sprint with low roaming rates and realize they were just cutting their own throats, particularly ATT. Let them build there own or pay more for the privilege to trash talk.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post

T-Mobile roams extensively out west, I was in Utah and Arizona this spring and roamed 90% of the time.