Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: T Mobile has the best network according to open signal

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Pre Paid
    Feedback Score

T Mobile has the best network according to open signal

T Mobile has won first place in all eight categorizes on open signal. Here is a link to the online article. https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/...s-network.aspx

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The article reads like a press release from T-Mobile. With that said I trust open signal more than root metrics where Verizon pays for it. Certainly good news for T-Mobile. Hopefully they can keep on their pace as I've been seeing more news from Sprint's Son that he still wants to buy Charter and then T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    T Mobile has won first place in all eight categorizes on open signal. Here is a link to the online article. https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/...s-network.aspx
    I don't believe that. They are only Faster because, of less customers. If they had 160 million customers they will slow down to. Maybe even more since B12 is 5x5 where VZW has 10x10 on B13.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    I don't believe that. They are only Faster because, of less customers. If they had 160 million customers they will slow down to. Maybe even more since B12 is 5x5 where VZW has 10x10 on B13.

You need to do more research before you post opinion as being fact.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    The article reads like a press release from T-Mobile. With that said I trust open signal more than root metrics where Verizon pays for it. Certainly good news for T-Mobile. Hopefully they can keep on their pace as I've been seeing more news from Sprint's Son that he still wants to buy Charter and then T-Mobile.
    It will be a cold day in hell before Charter Communications agrees to a buyout. Charter Communications has rejected an offer from Verizon already since they were not interested in being bought out at this time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    You need to do more research before you post opinion as being fact.
    I need to do research to know TMobile has less customers? Lol

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I need to do research to know TMobile has less customers? Lol

T Mobile is adding customers quarter after quarter. They have been keeping up with their growth and making upgrades when necessary so their network can handle the growth. Verizon and AT&T Wireless have been taking advantage of the fact they had a monopoly in rural areas which they are starting to lose since T Mobile USA is starting to enter those rural areas with their low band spectrum and are even adding towers as well.

Feedback Score
    T Mobile is adding customers quarter after quarter. They have been keeping up with their growth and making upgrades when necessary so their network can handle the growth. Verizon and AT&T Wireless have been taking advantage of the fact they had a monopoly in rural areas which they are starting to lose since T Mobile USA is starting to enter those rural areas with their low band spectrum and are even adding towers as well.
    Yes but, they still don't have the 160 million VZW has. If Tmobile were to have that their Network couldn't handle it. B12 is only 5x5 vzw has 10x10. B4 on Tmobile is typically 20x20 same as VZW. In some areas Tmobile gets the same speed as VZW with less customers.

Feedback Score
    Well said and sums it up

Feedback Score
    Yes but, they still don't have the 160 million VZW has. If Tmobile were to have that their Network couldn't handle it. B12 is only 5x5 vzw has 10x10. B4 on Tmobile is typically 20x20 same as VZW. In some areas Tmobile gets the same speed as VZW with less customers.

Just bogus excuses

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

That is not T Mobile USA's problem that Verizon has not upgraded it's network to keep up with it's customer growth. Verizon has largely not done any meaningful network upgrades since they were able to control their customers data usage with caps. Since now they have to offer unlimited data due to competition now their lack of upgrades to maintain the quality of their network is starting to show.

Feedback Score
    That is not T Mobile USA's problem that Verizon has not upgraded it's network to keep up with it's customer growth. Verizon has largely not done any meaningful network upgrades since they were able to control their customers data usage with caps. Since now they have to offer unlimited data due to competition now their lack of upgrades to maintain the quality of their network is starting to show.
    Well said 2.0

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don'd mean to be a downer but while I find the clash of reports interesting I'm not sure the methodology for OpenSignal is all that great, at least for this kind of study. Unless I'm reading the website wrong all they're doing is collecting tests from us users and forming results based on that. But that also means that this study is just from the results of the users that choose to download and use the app in the first place.

More bragging rights for T-Mobile though.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    I don'd mean to be a downer but while I find the clash of reports interesting I'm not sure the methodology for OpenSignal is all that great, at least for this kind of study. Unless I'm reading the website wrong all they're doing is collecting tests from us users and forming results based on that. But that also means that this study is just from the results of the users that choose to download and use the app in the first place.

More bragging rights for T-Mobile though.
    I think the Root Metrics report comes into question since their results don't seem to match reality. Not to mention they get paid by Verizon so they can use their reports and they don't disclose their methodology about how they get their results. So that in my mind puts Root Metrics reports in doubt.

Feedback Score
    Lol VZW has been the biggest deployment of small cells

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast