Thread: How to really cancel Freedompop service?

Feedback Score

How to really cancel Freedompop service?

I have enjoyed the benefit of free data from Freedompop. With a global sim traveled to Europe, with an lte sim in the US and with a Sprint service locally.
    Unfortunately I have experienced some "reliability" issues. Global sim displaying a login prompt at a roaming provider, Google Maps unable to connect regardless of plenty of signal and people not hearing me when on the Sprint premium service.
    Decided to cancel and look for a provider with a higher priority data.
    Contacted FP on Twitter and asked to discontinue service(s).
    Came end of June and my credit card was "pinged" with a 1 cent charge.
    Since I could still login to the FP accounts, went to Twitter I have asked to close all my accounts and remove my credit card from FP system.
    Came end of July and my card was "pinged" again with a 1 cent charge.
    So how do you tell FP to stop?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, LG G Stylo 3 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by piquae View Post
    I have enjoyed the benefit of free data from Freedompop. With a global sim traveled to Europe, with an lte sim in the US and with a Sprint service locally.
    Unfortunately I have experienced some "reliability" issues. Global sim displaying a login prompt at a roaming provider, Google Maps unable to connect regardless of plenty of signal and people not hearing me when on the Sprint premium service.
    Decided to cancel and look for a provider with a higher priority data.
    Contacted FP on Twitter and asked to discontinue service(s).
    Came end of June and my credit card was "pinged" with a 1 cent charge.
    Since I could still login to the FP accounts, went to Twitter I have asked to close all my accounts and remove my credit card from FP system.
    Came end of July and my card was "pinged" again with a 1 cent charge.
    So how do you tell FP to stop?
    You email or call them. They're not going to cancel through twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 7 128GB Gold
    867-5309 Line: LG G Stylo 3 Plus

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    But why cancel? Why not just keep all 3 accounts on the 100% free plan?

But I can't explain why you are getting $0.01 charges. None of my 9 accounts / 12 SIM cards have been charged anything since I got them.

But if you really want to cancel, I guess it would be best to call (888) 731-1555 and press 5 for billing. This is according to https://forums.freedompop.com/us/dis...dompop-service .

Feedback Score
    In the past, you can cancel your FP account easily by using the FP automated phone system as described in this article: How to cancel your FreedomPop account

Recently, I was not able to use the automated phone system to cancel my 2 Global SIM accounts when I "upgraded" to the LTE SIM accounts. I dialed the FP phone number (888) 743-8107 but instead of getting the automated system, I had to select the option to talk to a FP rep in order to cancel the accounts. The rep who probably was talking with me from India tried to discourage me from cancelling the accounts. I think that's the reason they didn't let me use the automated system. That was about 2 months ago. I don't know if there're any changes now?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

How to really cancel Freedompop service?

I thought you could cancel service online?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Me, too. But I can't find it now.

At https://support.freedompop.com/app/featured/answer/id/2634 there's a link that says "Cancel using our phone system", which says:

Cancel using the phone system
    Call (888) 743-8107.

After dialing the number, press 1 for self help.

Enter the phone number for the account you would like to address.

Finally, press 3 for cancellation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    In the past, it was so simple that you could PM one of their reps in the FP forum to deactivate the phones or the accounts. Or you could call the number (888) 743-8107 to go through the automated system to cancel the accounts as I mentioned in post #4. Now you have to call (888) 743-8107 to talk with a FP rep to cancel your account(s).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sbmobile View Post
    In the past, it was so simple that you could PM one of their reps in the FP forum to deactivate the phones or the accounts. Or you could call the number (888) 743-8107 to go through the automated system to cancel the accounts as I mentioned in post #4. Now you have to call (888) 743-8107 to talk with a FP rep to cancel your account(s).
    Their revenue stream is probably getting thinner and thinner . So they are adding more roadblocks and almost concealed fees !
    Last edited by jonfone; 08-03-2017 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
    BLU HD R1-Red Pocket $5 Month plan.
    LG Tribute HD- Tello Paygo
    Samsung Gusto- Selectel-$75 year
    Samsung Gusto- Page Plus $30 year
    Moto E 1st Gen 3g Factory reset in a drawer.

Feedback Score
    When I want to find my way home from somewhere and FP data has such a low priority that regard less of full bars, there is no data coming through, I need someone else. And if I have to have service from someone else, then I have no need for FP. Free data is great, but FP does not fit my need.

After reading the replies (thanks!) I went online to submit a ticket. It is asking me to log-in. Well, I no longer have a working account. The FP team on Twitter did close my accounts. Called their number including the one got here. There is no option 5 no more. I could pay $5.99 to have support. Nope.
    Since I have no working FP number either, giving a billing phone number reveals, that it is in their system. There is some "hardware issue". Would I like to pay $5.99? The charge will be instantaneous.

So my question still is, how do you close an FP service that they will no longer look for your credit card.