Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thanks T-Mobile!

Feedback Score

Thanks T-Mobile!

I've been a T-mobile customer for several years now and my family had the 4 phone unlimited Simple Choice plan. Overall, I've been pretty happy with T-Mobile as their coverage has gotten better and better here in Wisconsin (Madison area). Signal is a little weak at my house, but generally pretty reliable but slow. We rarely saw better than 10mbit/s download speeds and upload speeds were typically less than 1mbit/s. Also, we used the signal booster to get better reception all over our house.

My son decided to attend college at UW-Platteville, so no T-Mobile coverage at all. At first I just got him a second phone - prepaid with Verizon, but then I realized we could switch all 4 phones to Verizon unlimited for less than the price of Simple Choice+extra Verizon phone. The only reason that Verizon has a competitive unlimited plan at all is because of the pressure originally created by T-Mobile. So thanks T-Mobile.

I looked through T-Mobile's 600 Mhz rollout plans and that part of WI is scheduled for the last phase. Not so good for us.

The funny part is that after switching over to Verizon over my lunch break, I head back to work and I see 0 bars on by Nexus 5X, but the phone is indicating LTE. When I try to go to a website, it slips into 3G and is incredibly slow. I try to run Speedtest, but the test won't complete because connection is lost in the middle of the test. Mind you, this is in a highly populated area of Madison, a research park where there are literally thousands of workers at multiple companies. I sit right next to a window and according to Verizon, I should be getting strong signal. The signal is incredibly weak bouncing around between 3G and 1X (whatever the hell that is) and trying to roam when I walk around my building. The T-Mobile signal was awesome in this building. I could be sitting on the pot in the basement and I would be getting LTE signal. I thought it Verizon whose signal could penetrate deep into buildings because of their 700Mhz spectrum. What a crapload of hype.

The saving grace here is that the Verizon signal is pretty strong at home and we're typically seeing >25mbit/s download speeds. If that wasn't the case, my wife would have killed me for switching.

Feedback Score

Thanks T-Mobile!

That was my experience with Verizon as well. From all their advertisements saying they were "the best network", "better matters" etc, I thought the signal would be nearly flawless.

Turns out T-Mobile is way better. Verizon is just crap as far as I'm concerned; mostly slooow 3G or useless 1x. Most overrated crap I've ever seen- and their customer service are a bunch of snobby douchebags. Besides the bad service, they love to nickel and dime with extra fees, overcharging etc. I'll never go back to that awful company. It would be poetic justice if Verizon and Sprint merged. They deserve each other.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    That was my experience with Verizon as well. From all their advertisements saying they were "the best network", "better matters" etc, I thought the signal would be nearly flawless.

Turns out T-Mobile is way better. Verizon is just crap as far as I'm concerned; mostly slooow 3G or useless 1x. Most overrated crap I've ever seen- and their customer service are a bunch of snobby douchebags. Besides the bad service, they love to nickel and dime with extra fees, overcharging etc. I'll never go back to that awful company. It would be poetic justice if Verizon and Sprint merged. They deserve each other.
    I feel the same way. After Verizon shafted me I'll never use them again. T-Mobile actually works better for me so it's a win win situation. The Verizon signal became the worst out of the bunch for me also. I thought their prepaid was the way to go but that sucked also
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by derkaiser View Post
    I've been a T-mobile customer for several years now and my family had the 4 phone unlimited Simple Choice plan. Overall, I've been pretty happy with T-Mobile as their coverage has gotten better and better here in Wisconsin (Madison area). Signal is a little weak at my house, but generally pretty reliable but slow. We rarely saw better than 10mbit/s download speeds and upload speeds were typically less than 1mbit/s. Also, we used the signal booster to get better reception all over our house.

My son decided to attend college at UW-Platteville, so no T-Mobile coverage at all. At first I just got him a second phone - prepaid with Verizon, but then I realized we could switch all 4 phones to Verizon unlimited for less than the price of Simple Choice+extra Verizon phone. The only reason that Verizon has a competitive unlimited plan at all is because of the pressure originally created by T-Mobile. So thanks T-Mobile.

I looked through T-Mobile's 600 Mhz rollout plans and that part of WI is scheduled for the last phase. Not so good for us.

The funny part is that after switching over to Verizon over my lunch break, I head back to work and I see 0 bars on by Nexus 5X, but the phone is indicating LTE. When I try to go to a website, it slips into 3G and is incredibly slow. I try to run Speedtest, but the test won't complete because connection is lost in the middle of the test. Mind you, this is in a highly populated area of Madison, a research park where there are literally thousands of workers at multiple companies. I sit right next to a window and according to Verizon, I should be getting strong signal. The signal is incredibly weak bouncing around between 3G and 1X (whatever the hell that is) and trying to roam when I walk around my building. The T-Mobile signal was awesome in this building. I could be sitting on the pot in the basement and I would be getting LTE signal. I thought it Verizon whose signal could penetrate deep into buildings because of their 700Mhz spectrum. What a crapload of hype.

The saving grace here is that the Verizon signal is pretty strong at home and we're typically seeing >25mbit/s download speeds. If that wasn't the case, my wife would have killed me for switching.
    My workplace is the only place I go to with a poor signal. I am in a similar business park as you but all carriers are poor. We are just equidistant from several towers. I use wifi calling and that takes care of the issue. If I'm on a call and leave the building the call hands off to the LTE network flawlessly. Have you tried it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djjim View Post
    My workplace is the only place I go to with a poor signal. I am in a similar business park as you but all carriers are poor. We are just equidistant from several towers. I use wifi calling and that takes care of the issue. If I'm on a call and leave the building the call hands off to the LTE network flawlessly. Have you tried it?
    I have no intention of using Wifi at work. Ignoring the obvious privacy issues with using my company's wifi, I pay Verizon for unlimited data.

And as I said in my original post, not all carriers are poor in my building, T-Mobile was great and I think quite a few people have ATT as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by derkaiser View Post
    I have no intention of using Wifi at work. Ignoring the obvious privacy issues with using my company's wifi, I pay Verizon for unlimited data.

And as I said in my original post, not all carriers are poor in my building, T-Mobile was great and I think quite a few people have ATT as well.
    So now that you are on Verizon, what are you going to do about using your phone at work if you're not going to use wifi and there is no cellular signal?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score

He's just trading off one poor service area for another. Both carriers hype up their coverage enough to set unrealistic expectations for customers, especially indoors.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    So now that you are on Verizon, what are you going to do about using your phone at work if you're not going to use wifi and there is no cellular signal?
    Calls seem to be coming in, albeit with pretty crappy quality. If I leave the phone on my desk instead of in my pocket, it seems to at least prevent roaming. Basically, I'll be doing less with my phone at work I suspect.

Feedback Score

"way better", where? In a few places here and there? That's a pretty broad statement and unfortunately incorrect. T-Mobile is not "way better". They are crap in my area. No service areas and congestion in areas where there is a great signal.
    I'm not talking a few places here and there when I say this. Verizon blows T-Mobile away when it comes to OVERALL coverage and speed. And I'm not a Verizon fan boy. I hate the company. But facts are facts. T-Mobile has a long way to go to have the same coverage that AT&T and Verizon has.

Feedback Score

Thanks T-Mobile!

Yeah I'm talking about MY experience which certainly isn't everywhere but it's a lot of places. So I stand by my comments- for ME in locations I've been and go, T-Mobile is WAY better. No comparison. AT&T is also WAY better than Verizon. And I hate AT&T.

Obviously in places you go, that's not the case. And it may also not be the case in Cowtown, Iowa or Farmville, Wyoming but I haven't any problems with T-Mobile in places I've gone. Even some pretty rural places.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For me, Verizon is poor at work, but rocks everywhere else. T-Mobile actually goes head to head with Verizon in my area, and great at work.

My concern with leaving Verizon is that T-Mobile only has half the customers, and as they add more will their network start to suffer? We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My experience as a daily user of both T-Mobile and Verizon postpaid, in this area Verizon does have better coverage, no doubt, but on every other aspect, Verizon is terrible.

Call quality? Verizon is worse, data speeds? Verizon isn't even close. Dropped calls? A daily thing with Verizon, rare with T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracer5g View Post

Call quality? Verizon is worse.
    Really? I find Verizon VoLTE to be amazing.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djjim View Post
    Really? I find Verizon VoLTE to be amazing.
    Threads like these sure sound like TMobile guerrilla marketing campaigns.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    New drinking game, every time someone trolls for VZW in a T-Mobile thread everyone take a drink, ready? go!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast