Thread: Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910A) No Data, APN Will Not Stay Selected

Feedback Score

Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910A) No Data, APN Will Not Stay Selected

I've been using a Galaxy S3 with Straight Talk on the ATT network for couple of years now. I just recently bought a Galaxy Note 4 (Samsung-SM-N910A) that is compatible or unlocked for ATT. I took the sim card out of my old Galaxy S3 phone and put it in my new Note 4 phone. Everything appeared to work, I could make phone calls and had all my apps restored. I soon realized my data network was not working when not using wifi. I also noticed I couldn't send/receive pictures when texting. I was certain it was an APN issue. So I tried the following:

1. Entered the same settings I had for my APN on my old phone

2. Entered the updated APN settings Straight talk had for Reseller

3. Always powered down phone after every attempt

4. Spent two days off and on with representatives from Straight Talk, doing basically the same thing over and over

One thing I noticed that seemed very odd, is every time after I rebooted or powered down the phone, when I came back to the APN settings to verify the settings, it was always unchecked. I mean none of the Current APNs in the list were checked. Of course I would recheck the correct one and try the internet again but it would still say I was offline. Another reboot and again, the APN would be unchecked.

Also, not sure if it relevant, but every time I go into the system recovery, it's say installing system update. And now, it gives me a No Command for many of the options when I select one of them, though Wipe Cache Partition still appears to work. Just curious if this is normal with this phone.

Thank you

Feedback Score
    can you delete the old APN settings ??

Feedback Score
    Yes, have already done that.
    So, I'm curious, is it normal on the Note 4 that when viewing your available APNs after a reboot, that none of them are selected, even the one you just created and saved? It seems to remain selected indefinitely, b/c I check it every now and then, but as soon as I reboot/power down and power it back on, its like nothing was ever selected. I'm assuming this is why I nor Straight Talk can get the data and mms working on this phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk/ATT
    Feedback Score
    Did you ever get this lined out? I am having a similar situation. Had a Note 3 and bought a used Note 4 (SM-910A) yesterday that was used on ATT. I get it home and set up the APN last night. I thought all was good, but evidently not. Been trying to send texts today to friends asking to text me any kind of pic to see if it would work and I haven't received anything. Even tried texting usage to 611611 just to see if I got a data usage reply back from ST...never got it. I have sat for the last 4 hours changing apn's to everything I could find and still nothing. Even went so far as to put the sim back in my Note 3 just so I could copy the apn from it. Still not working. Internet works fine on wifi but no mobile data. Son just now called and said he has tried to call all day and it has just said I was not accepting calls at the time.