Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: How to obtain the Koodo, out of province, QC promo plans

Feedback Score

How to obtain the Koodo, out of province, QC promo plans

This thread has evolved from the previous posts by many great posters. Special thanks to ijcy, Samshares, & sajjad365 for original instructions.

I will not include instructions for obtaining SK/MB plans since it involves faking the address and is considered fraud!

I am just going edit and post simple steps to obtain the QC promo plans. Me and my family has been on these plans since May 2015 without any problems. If koodo gives you trouble, cancel and start over. As long as the loophole is open you can obtain these plans.

GOOD LUCK & ENJOY!!!!

======

HOW-TO

======

[These steps are for AB, BC & ON numbers only]

Go to your local Best Buy/Walmart/WOW Mobile and request a QC number. You will be able to hop on the QC plan right away, and simply need to port your existing number via self-serve when you get home.

If they are not flexible, proceed as follows:

To obtain a QC plan:

1) Register for a monthly (post-paid) plan with an in-province number, again this will only work for AB, BC and ON numbers. For other provinces, please read the next section.

2) Go home, register for Koodo self-serve online.

3) Request/change to QC number via self-serve.

4) On the first day of your billing cycle, the system will allow you to select desired QC plan.

5) Afterwards, port your existing in-province number from the other carrier via self-serve **

How can the other provinces take advantage of this loophole?

Since other provinces cannot request a QC number via self-serve, here is what you will have to do:

1) Purchase a Koodo/Telus pre-paid sim then activate and obtain a QC phone number.

2) Register for a monthly (post-paid) plan with an in-province number (with Koodo)

3) Go home, register for Koodo self-serve online.

4) Port your pre-paid number (step 1) to Koodo post-paid (step 2) via self-serve. Afterwards, the system will allow you to choose the desired QC plan. You may have to wait until the first billing cycle to change the plan.

5) Once you’re on the desired plan, port-in your existing number with the other carrier via self-serve.**

** You can change your plan, port number or request a new number via self-serve once per billing cycle.

===

FAQ

===

I am already with Koodo. How can I take advantage of this plan?

As an existing customer, you must port-out to Koodo/Telus pre-paid so that you can port-in once you have setup the new plan. If you port-out to another provider, you cannot port-in for 30 days.

What should I do if I am experiencing issues with self-serve?

Patience. Log out and try again in a few minutes/hours. You may clear your browser cache/cookies. Self-serve is a wonderful tool but it is not without it’s hiccups.

What do you require to port-in and how long does it take?

Port-in requires the account number with the provider who owns that phone number. You may need a PIN if registered on that account as well.

The process usually take 5 mins but as long as 24 hours (rare). During this time, your incoming text messages and incoming calls to the “port-in number” may be delayed or not work at all. Outgoing messages and calls work right away.

When is the first billing cycle?

Usually 4-9 days from the registration date and every 30 days thereafter; check online.

The QC plan offers a promotional 1000 LD minutes but I don’t see it on my account?

There are several ways to include this add-on if necessary:

- When you initially register with Koodo, select a plan that includes the 1000 LD minutes. The add-on will be retained during the entire process.

- Check to see if it is available as an add-on in self-serve and simply add it to your account.

- Before port-in your number, call Koodo CSR to add it for you. An out-of-province address may raise a red flag with CSR. YMMV.

Koodo CSR forced me off the plan to an in-province (more expensive) plan. What now?

Call back and request to speak to retentions department. Good luck! Otherwise, start over.

I was double billed. How do I correct it?

This is a one-time occurrence. Do not contact Koodo. Pay your bill in full. The system will auto-correct itself the following month.

Can I get a phone on Tab?

Yes, you can purchase the phone in-store upon registration only, or order via self-serve after-the-fact and delivered to anywhere in Canada. The alternatives are Kijiji, Apple Store, Amazon or direct from manufacturer.

I am a new cellular customer and do not have an existing number to port-in. How do I get an in-province number after acquiring the QC plan?

Once you have activated the Koodo line on the desired QC plan, simply register for a Koodo pre-paid account with an in-province number. Afterwards, you can port-in the pre-paid number on top of your existing QC line.

What is the coverage?

Koodo shares the same network as Bell/TELUS. In other words, fantastic!

Koodo is auditing accounts that take advantage of this loophole, is this true?

Stop. We don’t entertain rumors here.

Error when attempting to port-in: "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Phone number changes can only be completed once every 90 days through your online account."

Don't fret! Wait until the next billing cycle and this error will go away.
    Last edited by wes786; 08-05-2017 at 03:07 AM.

Feedback Score
    I have created this thread for continuation of the discussion, please try to stay on topic.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wes786 View Post
    I have created this thread for continuation of the discussion, please try to stay on topic.
    Why let it go off topic? Really what more needs to be said?

Mods should lock + pin & if in future needs edit then unlock
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $6 Loyalty - $42 Refer = $22 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

Feedback Score

Well for some people it is hard to read simple instructions. Sometimes they need a discussion and/or clairification.

Feedback Score
    I got a qc plan last week way easier in Ontario
    This is how, do everything by yourself,
    I tried the store they wouldn’t budge nor sell me a SIM card
    So I went home and select the $49 plan online (make sure to change the province on the website) I had to fill in some information, so I did with my Ontario address because I had my own phone I only had to pay for the SIM card $10+ tax and wait for it in the mail. When I receive the SIM card I activate it the (qc plans already on the sim) register for self serve and port your Ontario number immediately because you already have the Quebec plan you don’t have to wait on the billing cycle. This process took me 15 minutes after I receive the sim in the mail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seanwasp View Post
    I got a qc plan last week way easier in Ontario
    This is how, do everything by yourself,
    I tried the store they wouldn’t budge nor sell me a SIM card
    So I went home and select the $49 plan online (make sure to change the province on the website) I had to fill in some information, so I did with my Ontario address because I had my own phone I only had to pay for the SIM card $10+ tax and wait for it in the mail. When I receive the SIM card I activate it the (qc plans already on the sim) register for self serve and port your Ontario number immediately because you already have the Quebec plan you don’t have to wait on the billing cycle. This process took me 15 minutes after I receive the sim in the mail.
    This process did not work for some. They tried and it got cancelled so in your case, you got lucky!

Feedback Score
    Does this really need to be posted again? Isn't there a sticky with HUNDREDS of replies on it outlining all the details? All these new threads 'outlining' the steps should just be referenced to the sticky

Feedback Score
    This process did not work for some. They tried and it got cancelled so in your case, you got lucky!
    Did you do SIM only as well? Or with a phone?

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdguy1965 View Post
    Does this really need to be posted again? Isn't there a sticky with HUNDREDS of replies on it outlining all the details? All these new threads 'outlining' the steps should just be referenced to the sticky
    I'm letting this go for now, I do agree that most of these details are in the original thread. And most of the questions can be made into a separate thread for search purposes. Mega Threads do nothing for the search feature of the forum. I'll be monitoring. If it gets out of control i'll close it.
    TELUS /Koodo Super Moderator
    Lounge Super Moderator

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylay14 View Post
    Did you do SIM only as well? Or with a phone?
    I did not do this process. But people who did used it to get a phone as well.

Device(s)
    Moto G (1st gen), Galaxy S 7
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    I did not do this process. But people who did used it to get a phone as well.
    Wonder if it helps using a VPN to show you're connected to a Quebec internet provider?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    When ordering a phone through self serve, do they just add the tab down payment to your bill credit? That would be great if one had a handful of referrals that month to pay down for a device.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    When referring it says if you're porting your number from another carrier enter that number, not your temporary number.

Does that mean the new signup can activate the referral before they are able to change the plan and port in after their billing date allows for it?

(tried to get the referral before the $50 special goes back to $25 after today as new signup's bill date is the 11th)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgarPoe View Post
    When ordering a phone through self serve, do they just add the tab down payment to your bill credit? That would be great if one had a handful of referrals that month to pay down for a device.
    Tab balance is different than the account balance. Don't think you can pay your tab balance with referral credits...Some one please correct me if I am wrong.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by EdgarPoe View Post
    Wonder if it helps using a VPN to show you're connected to a Quebec internet provider?
    They look at the your current number and address on file, and where they are shipping the phone too. I don't think using a VPN would do anything...however some people have gotten lucky getting a phone through ordering online.

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast