Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: How to obtain the Koodo, out of province, QC promo plans

Device(s)
    Moto G (1st gen), Galaxy S 7
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wes786 View Post
    Tab balance is different than the account balance. Don't think you can pay your tab balance with referral credits...Some one please correct me if I am wrong.
    Doesn't TAB monthly payments get combined with monthly plan charge and get billed to account?

I'll rephrase my question slightly because I haven't had my morning coffee yet, LOL

If you already have an account and you are getting a phone online with a TAB that says pay $100 - $200 down to get cheaper monthly TAB payments, do you have to pay right away for the down payment or do they bill it to the account? And if so can referral credit on the account then be used towards it?

Thank's
    Last edited by EdgarPoe; 08-09-2017 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Java Update (coffee that it)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgarPoe View Post
    Doesn't TAB monthly payments get combined with monthly plan charge and get billed to account?

I'll rephrase my question slightly because I haven't had my morning coffee yet, LOL

If you already have an account and you are getting a phone online with a TAB that says pay $100 - $200 down to get cheaper monthly TAB payments, do you have to pay right away for the down payment or do they bill it to the account? And if so can referral credit on the account then be used towards it?

Thank's
    Oh now I understand what you mean, you're only talking about the 'down payment' not the tab payment that is charged with the plan cost. Unfortunately I have no idea because I have never used their tab system. Someone with the experience might be able to answer you better. Personally I think, the down payment would be invoiced with the first bill after signing up for tab and one should be able to pay that using the account credit (i.e. Referral credits). Wait for more replies just to make sure.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    When referring it says if you're porting your number from another carrier enter that number, not your temporary number.
    I called Koodo specifically since I was setting up 3 accounts then porting in
    They told me use temp numbers and the temp number is always associated to your account even after port
    My referal pay worked too
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $6 Loyalty - $42 Refer = $22 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Crap, well I guess we'll see what happens then lol I think he entered in his "about to be ported" number

thanks for next time!

Sent from my Moto G using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    I called Koodo specifically since I was setting up 3 accounts then porting in
    They told me use temp numbers and the temp number is always associated to your account even after port
    My referal pay worked too
    Confirmed as well. Got my $50 credit for somebody who set up and followed referral link on a temp number. And she got her credit as well even though she ported on after the fact. The number is tied to the account and that's what matters.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianf74 View Post
    Confirmed as well. Got my $50 credit for somebody who set up and followed referral link on a temp number. And she got her credit as well even though she ported on after the fact. The number is tied to the account and that's what matters.
    Thats good to know, as this was always concerning people as to which number to use to get this credit...

Device(s)
    Blackberry KeyOne
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seanwasp View Post
    I got a qc plan last week way easier in Ontario
    This is how, do everything by yourself,
    I tried the store they wouldn’t budge nor sell me a SIM card
    So I went home and select the $49 plan online (make sure to change the province on the website) I had to fill in some information, so I did with my Ontario address because I had my own phone I only had to pay for the SIM card $10+ tax and wait for it in the mail. When I receive the SIM card I activate it the (qc plans already on the sim) register for self serve and port your Ontario number immediately because you already have the Quebec plan you don’t have to wait on the billing cycle. This process took me 15 minutes after I receive the sim in the mail.
    I did something similar.

I went into a store and told the guy I was moving to montreal.

He set up 2 montreal lines with my Ontario address.

I got home and ported in my Ontario numbers.

Now people have got me paranoid that I'm going to get some kind of text or email telling me they're going to cut me off.

Please let me keep it Koodo! Pretty please!!!
    Wind Mobile Customer Since: March 2014

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seanwasp View Post
    I got a qc plan last week way easier in Ontario
    This is how, do everything by yourself,
    I tried the store they wouldn’t budge nor sell me a SIM card
    So I went home and select the $49 plan online (make sure to change the province on the website) I had to fill in some information, so I did with my Ontario address because I had my own phone I only had to pay for the SIM card $10+ tax and wait for it in the mail. When I receive the SIM card I activate it the (qc plans already on the sim) register for self serve and port your Ontario number immediately because you already have the Quebec plan you don’t have to wait on the billing cycle. This process took me 15 minutes after I receive the sim in the mail.
    Looks like you just got lucky. I tried this method last week for a friend who lives in NB and he just received an email saying it was cancelled due to incompatible province. I guess he'll have to do the true and tested way.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NerdyGuy View Post
    I did something similar.

I went into a store and told the guy I was moving to montreal.

He set up 2 montreal lines with my Ontario address.

I got home and ported in my Ontario numbers.

Now people have got me paranoid that I'm going to get some kind of text or email telling me they're going to cut me off.

Please let me keep it Koodo! Pretty please!!!
    No one will send you any text or email. Keep quite and don't call koodo CS for no reason, everything can be done on self serve except billing issues which rarely happen if at all.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianf74 View Post
    One of those "Should've asked sooner" LOL we both received email saying referral was declined due to wrong info submitted because the porting-out-to number was used. Oh well.

So are you referring the original local number the SIM was activated to by the store? Or the Quebec number that is temporarily used before porting?

Feedback Score
    One of those "Should've asked sooner" LOL we both received email saying referral was declined due to wrong info submitted because the porting-out-to number was used. Oh well.

So are you referring the original local number the SIM was activated to by the store? Or the Quebec number that is temporarily used before porting?
    Just use the final number that you are going to keep.

Feedback Score
    I am in Atlantic Canada and am a current Koodo postpaid customer. Im not quite understanding how to get my original postpaid number to the Quebec plan. I understand that i have to create a prepaid account with a Quebec number then also create an in province postpaid account. Is this new postpaid line created on my current self serve account or a new self serve account? Then I do understand that i have to port the quebec number from the prepaid account to the postpaid account. Now this is the part im not understanding. Once the Quebec number is ported to postpaid, im still stuck with my original number. The OP states that i have to go from Post to Pre to Post but at this point is the prepaid sim now expired after the port? Do i have to purchase another prepaid sim and now go post to pre to post?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jackching View Post
    I am in Atlantic Canada and am a current Koodo postpaid customer. Im not quite understanding how to get my original postpaid number to the Quebec plan. I understand that i have to create a prepaid account with a Quebec number then also create an in province postpaid account. Is this new postpaid line created on my current self serve account or a new self serve account? Then I do understand that i have to port the quebec number from the prepaid account to the postpaid account. Now this is the part im not understanding. Once the Quebec number is ported to postpaid, im still stuck with my original number. The OP states that i have to go from Post to Pre to Post but at this point is the prepaid sim now expired after the port? Do i have to purchase another prepaid sim and now go post to pre to post?
    The initial step is just to get the QC line so your can set up the QC plan on it. Because Atlantic numbers cannot be changed to QC numbers like AB,BC ON number can.

Once QC line and Plan is set up, then yes, if your original number is with koodo postpaid, you will have to port that to prepaid first then port it again to the newly QC plan that you just set up and that will cancel all the lines and accounts except your original number with QC plan on it. Your first invoice will have a lot of adjustments but it will clear up after in your next invoice.

Feedback Score
    So is the new quebec plan to be setup on my existing self serve account? Also from my understanding of what you're saying is that in order for me to get this done, im gonna need two prepaid sims and one new postpaid sim?

Feedback Score
    Virgin Mobile stopped the "LIMITED TIME OFFER!" BS. Koodo still doesn't have 8 GB.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast