Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: How to obtain the Koodo, out of province, QC promo plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jackching View Post
    So is the new quebec plan to be setup on my existing self serve account? Also from my understanding of what you're saying is that in order for me to get this done, im gonna need two prepaid sims and one new postpaid sim?
    Correct, 2 prepaid sims and a postpaid line. And Yes you can open a new line in your current account if you want. But keep your billing cycle in mind. Open a new line in the same account when you have 4-5 days left in your billing cycle so you don't have yo wait longer for number changes and ports. This is how Your steps should be:

1) open a new postpaid Atlantic number in our current account.
    2) set up a prepaid QC number
    3) port prepaid QC number to the new postpaid Atlantic line you just opened before your new billing cycle begins. This will close your QC prepaid account and cancel the new postpaid Atlantic number.
    4) once ported you should be able to select a QC plan on that newly ported QC postpaid line.
    Now you will have 2 postpaid lines in your current account. The original Atlantic number and plan, and the new QC number and the QC plan you just selected.
    5) setup the 2nd prepaid account and port your original number to that line to prepaid line when selecting the number.
    6) port your original prepaid Atlantic number to the QC postpaid line and plan.

As I said this will cancel all the the lines and plans except your original number with a QC plan on it.

Good Luck!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    Virgin Mobile stopped the "LIMITED TIME OFFER!" BS. Koodo still doesn't have 8 GB.
    Oh well....they all have different promotions sometimes...

Device(s)
    Moto G (1st gen), Galaxy S 7
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    Just use the final number that you are going to keep.
    The final number is the one that botched up the referral:

Denial Reason: This referral was denied because the customer details provided by the person who received the referral did not match an existing postpaid account.

Sent from my Moto G using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by EdgarPoe; 08-14-2017 at 11:34 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Is there no way to activate a store bought sim card online? Buddy tried and just gets the Forbidden Webpage error.

On that note I also checked my self serve and there doesn't seem to be any option to add another line to my current "$49" account, only the option to change to a different SIM. Is there a hidden link to add lines somewhere or is it just because I've only had an account for a month with a low credit limit? Wondering since I've read about other posters being able to add (and cancel) new lines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgarPoe View Post
    Is there no way to activate a store bought sim card online? Buddy tried and just gets the Forbidden Webpage error.

On that note I also checked my self serve and there doesn't seem to be any option to add another line to my current "$49" account, only the option to change to a different SIM. Is there a hidden link to add lines somewhere or is it just because I've only had an account for a month with a low credit limit? Wondering since I've read about other posters being able to add (and cancel) new lines.

Not postpaid! They always need to be store activated due to credit checks...

You cannot activate a new postpaid line on a new account or existing account via self serve...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Thank's wes,

How do you add a second line to your account at a store if your first line is switched over to QC plan with a local number without getting questioned or flagged as out of province? I thought Reps viewing your account was a no-no.

Feedback Score

I haven't tried but I think you can call to activate.
    https://www.koodomobile.com/contact-us "Phone activation/account set-up"

They even removed online activation from TELUS for some reason.

Feedback Score
    Thank's wes,

How do you add a second line to your account at a store if your first line is switched over to QC plan with a local number without getting questioned or flagged as out of province? I thought Reps viewing your account was a no-no.
    Its tough these days because most of the employees/reps know about the loophole workaround. I did it a couple years ago it was no issue. A lot of people just open another account on whoever's name you want the second line to be i.e spouse/kids. Then link the accounts together on self serve to manage it all on one account. However, the billing dates/cycle will be different on both lines.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys,

I am an Ontario resident looking to sign up for the QC $49 6gb plan and port my existing number from Bell.

So far I've completed the following:
    1. Sign up for pre paid plan at best buy mobile
    2. Register self-serve
    3. Change to QC phone number
    4. Change to $49 QC plan

Now I am trying to port my old number to this account but it says it cannot be done within 90 days of the last phone number change through self-serve. Any way around this?
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  20.5 KB

Thanks
    Last edited by toxilate; 08-19-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toxilate View Post
    Hey guys,

I am an Ontario resident looking to sign up for the QC $49 6gb plan and port my existing number from Bell.

So far I've completed the following:
    1. Sign up for pre paid plan at best buy mobile
    2. Register self-serve
    3. Change to QC phone number
    4. Change to $49 QC plan

Now I am trying to port my old number to this account but it says it cannot be done within 90 days of the last phone number change through self-serve. Any way around this?
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  20.5 KB

Thanks
    Try again at next billing date, they're just trying to slow people down.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    The final number is the one that botched up the referral:

Denial Reason: This referral was denied because the customer details provided by the person who received the referral did not match an existing postpaid account.

Had them use the Quebec number on my last referral, got notification today that it worked!
    Still have to wait till next week's billing cycle to start when porting over their Bell number will be allowed.

OH and i noticed the "unlimited Koodo mobile data" usage gets reset, well actually expires and a new one starts up (so not that it matters anyways) when you change number to Quebec number.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, how'd would it work if I want to get the QC plan but don't have a current line or number? Is the process the same but instead of porting in, i just get a ON number?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido >> Wind >> Koodo >> Public-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fexmex View Post
    Hey guys, how'd would it work if I want to get the QC plan but don't have a current line or number? Is the process the same but instead of porting in, i just get a ON number?

The answer to your question is in the first page right at the beginning of this thread.

$40-($11 Credit)=$29+TAX/MO
    Province-wide talk & Global SMS/MMS 4GB LTE Voicemail + Call-Forwarding
    *Prepaid BYOP

Feedback Score
    Oh, didn't read the "fine print" where it says I can request a new number. Thanks anyways

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Received text message today:

"Koodo: Complete a FREE 4 question survey about your recent activation experience to help us improve services. Account info may be used to reach out. REPLY YES”

I'm thinking, um no that's ok....

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast