Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: How to obtain the Koodo, out of province, QC promo plans

Feedback Score
    They now have Tab Large 7 GB for $54.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    They now have Tab Large 7 GB for $54.
    Doesn't using the tab assume you keep the QC number?
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/8GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    So, if I wanted the $7gb/$54 plan but have no need for the tab, what would be the required steps be? I'd prefer not to have to take a phone just to sell the phone and pay off the tab. Is there a way to take the tab and then cancel the phone/tab portion immediately and keep the plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    So, if I wanted the $7gb/$54 plan but have no need for the tab, what would be the required steps be? I'd prefer not to have to take a phone just to sell the phone and pay off the tab. Is there a way to take the tab and then cancel the phone/tab portion immediately and keep the plan?
    Don't think so that its possible. You will have to get the phone, sell it and pay off the tab I believe after 3 months...

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wes786 View Post
    Don't think so that its possible. You will have to get the phone, sell it and pay off the tab I believe after 3 months...
    Thanks. Figured that might be the case. I under stand the restriction when promos are involved, like freebies with activation etc, but it's unfortunate restriction when one is looking for BYOP.

Feedback Score
    Not true at all. They only erased my Tab when I returned the Pixel I bought, and left me on the Tab Large, not SK, plan. I changed it later myself. Also the same thing with a Galaxy S8 return before.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    Not true at all. They only erased my Tab when I returned the Pixel I bought, and left me on the Tab Large, not SK, plan. I changed it later myself. Also the same thing with a Galaxy S8 return before.
    Hmm. I'm asking because of the $54/7gb QC promo plan. The problem is that it's a large tab only. So my question is about signing up for the QC large tab plan but without ending up with a phone nor tab.

So, when you say you got the tab on a non-SK plan and later changed it yourself, did you cancel/erase your tab by returning the phone before or after you switched to a non-SK number?
    Last edited by ceredon; 08-21-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I had a $8 monthly credit for signing up on a tab but now the credit has fallen off is it safe to call into koodo cs?
    The One And Only ---------------->

HoFo Feedback (28) | EBay Feedback (20) | Heatware Feedback (24)

Feedback Score
    Interesting experience so far.

Went to a WOW Mobile kiosk, and they wouldn't set up my account at all, unless I was prepared to port over my existing numbers right away. So I walked down to the other end of the mall, and went to the Koodo outlet instead. Got setup right away with a BC plan, and he advised me to leave my Telus account open until I have successfully ported my numbers over. Ironically, based on his accent, I think he was from QC

Anyway, got the BC numbers, went home to setup self serve, and was able to get new QC numbers without incident. Just waiting now until the end of the billing cycle, so that I can get a QC plan, and finally port my numbers over. I'm hoping that the QC plans are still available on September 1st when my new billing cycle begins.

In choosing a plan, however, I expect that I will want to make sure that it has all of the features that I want, because once I port my BC numbers over, the next time I want to make changes to my rate plan, I will only be able to select plans that are available to BC numbers. Seems obvious, but can someone confirm this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by retrosnap View Post
    Interesting experience so far.

Went to a WOW Mobile kiosk, and they wouldn't set up my account at all, unless I was prepared to port over my existing numbers right away. So I walked down to the other end of the mall, and went to the Koodo outlet instead. Got setup right away with a BC plan, and he advised me to leave my Telus account open until I have successfully ported my numbers over. Ironically, based on his accent, I think he was from QC

Anyway, got the BC numbers, went home to setup self serve, and was able to get new QC numbers without incident. Just waiting now until the end of the billing cycle, so that I can get a QC plan, and finally port my numbers over. I'm hoping that the QC plans are still available on September 1st when my new billing cycle begins.

In choosing a plan, however, I expect that I will want to make sure that it has all of the features that I want, because once I port my BC numbers over, the next time I want to make changes to my rate plan, I will only be able to select plans that are available to BC numbers. Seems obvious, but can someone confirm this?
    You will only see the regular, ON/BC/AB plans after you port your BC number to the QC plan, so yes make sure you have the correct plan and promos on it before porting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgarPoe View Post
    Try again at next billing date, they're just trying to slow people down.
    Thanks again, you were right! My billing date came and I was able to port over my number. Everything worked out well. I now have the Quebec 6gb plan for $49/mo with my existing Ontario number.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toxilate View Post
    Thanks again, you were right! My billing date came and I was able to port over my number. Everything worked out well. I now have the Quebec 6gb plan for $49/mo with my existing Ontario number.

Cheers!
    Very good! Enjoy the plan...

Feedback Score
    anyone having trouble changing plan after changing number? was activated earlier today.

Device(s)
    Nokia E65
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
    anyone having trouble changing plan after changing number? was activated earlier today.
    You probably just need to wait until your new billing cycle starts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
    You probably just need to wait until your new billing cycle starts.
    I can say it definately wasn't like this for my own Jul 21 activation. My new billing cycle is September 7. How would I know the plans won't change by then?

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast