Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: How to obtain the Koodo, out of province, QC promo plans

Feedback Score
    Hey quick question. I was under the impression the $48 Manitoba plan only qualifies for medium tab, but when I go for the Samsung galaxy s7 it says Large tab starts at $48, so can I get that and keep the MB plan and be on a large tab?

Feedback Score
    Seems like the initial billing cycles have increased.

Started the process for a buddy on the 1st, and the first cycle doesn’t end till the 11th.

Yestersay I did my wife’s and it doesn’t end till October 17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esg876 View Post
    Hey quick question. I was under the impression the $48 Manitoba plan only qualifies for medium tab, but when I go for the Samsung galaxy s7 it says Large tab starts at $48, so can I get that and keep the MB plan and be on a large tab?
    Doesn’t qualify for a large tab. I think you need at least a $55 plan to qualify.

Device(s)
    Moto G (1st gen), Galaxy S 7
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robinson.cc View Post
    Seems like the initial billing cycles have increased.

Started the process for a buddy on the 1st, and the first cycle doesn’t end till the 11th.

Yestersay I did my wife’s and it doesn’t end till October 17.
    8 to 10 "business" days

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgarPoe View Post
    8 to 10 "business" days
    Must be a new change. It used to be 4 to 9 calendar days.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition

Feedback Score

Koodo in AB

Hey guys,

Looking for some help here - I dont wanna have to use cellphoneman.

Im in AB and currently have a Koodo post paid AB# - 587.
    To get the best plan (is it QC or MB these days?) what do I need to do?

As I understand it (from the OP) it is -

1. Change my plan to prepaid a few days before billing cycle ends. (Sept 27th)
    2. Change my number to QC or MB # once plan change to prepaid is complete.
    3. Change my plan back to Post Paid when new billing cycle starts (after Sept 27th)
    4. Pick QC or MB plan I want.
    5. Change number back to AB# 587?

Is that correct? or have I misunderstood!

Sorry for first post asking questions and not contributing! I'll be hanging around and contributing more as it seems like a pretty awesome and helpful forum!

Hupya

Feedback Score

How to obtain the Koodo, out of province, QC promo plans

I would check what else is available in AB from other providers and what promos are out there and then speak with Koodo directly telling them you want to leave and explain the other plan you have been offered (make sure it’s a valid plan)
    Most people get hung up on getting the QC plan before that it was the SK/MB which is ok if your not currently with Koodo but if your already with Koodo then contacting to try obtain a better deal is worth a try.
    Couple of years ago I was on the SK plan using my AB number but in the last year or so after contacting Koodo directly I was able to secure an improved plan.
    I currently receive unlimited calls and 10.5gb for $63 pm + tax
    Calling doesn’t guarantee that they will improve your current plan but it may be worth a call.
    Plus because my plan is direct promo AB plan for retention’s I can call them any time to speak about my account without fear of it being removed.
    Hope this helps
    Good luck

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless Canada
    Feedback Score
    If one tries using the Koodo refer a friend referral, would this mess things up? I understand you have to get the referral first but I don't know the process afterwards.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GVRD777 View Post
    If one tries using the Koodo refer a friend referral, would this mess things up? I understand you have to get the referral first but I don't know the process afterwards.
    Refer still works even if you change number
    System is automated so noone looks at it
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $6 Loyalty - $42 Refer = $22 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonfilter View Post
    I would check what else is available in AB from other providers and what promos are out there and then speak with Koodo directly telling them you want to leave and explain the other plan you have been offered (make sure it’s a valid plan)
    Most people get hung up on getting the QC plan before that it was the SK/MB which is ok if your not currently with Koodo but if your already with Koodo then contacting to try obtain a better deal is worth a try.
    Couple of years ago I was on the SK plan using my AB number but in the last year or so after contacting Koodo directly I was able to secure an improved plan.
    I currently receive unlimited calls and 10.5gb for $63 pm + tax
    Calling doesn’t guarantee that they will improve your current plan but it may be worth a call.
    Plus because my plan is direct promo AB plan for retention’s I can call them any time to speak about my account without fear of it being removed.
    Hope this helps
    Good luck
    I've only been with Koodo 3 weeks. Loyalty and retention aren't likely options.
    Thanks though.

Is the process I outlined above correct to get the MB or QC plans?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hupyaboyo View Post
    I've only been with Koodo 3 weeks. Loyalty and retention aren't likely options.
    Thanks though.

Is the process I outlined above correct to get the MB or QC plans?
    No, it's completely wrong. Read the first post again. You can't just change from postpaid to prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hupyaboyo View Post
    Hey guys,

Looking for some help here - I dont wanna have to use cellphoneman.

Im in AB and currently have a Koodo post paid AB# - 587.
    To get the best plan (is it QC or MB these days?) what do I need to do?

As I understand it (from the OP) it is -

1. Change my plan to prepaid a few days before billing cycle ends. (Sept 27th)
    2. Change my number to QC or MB # once plan change to prepaid is complete.
    3. Change my plan back to Post Paid when new billing cycle starts (after Sept 27th)
    4. Pick QC or MB plan I want.
    5. Change number back to AB# 587?

Is that correct? or have I misunderstood!

Sorry for first post asking questions and not contributing! I'll be hanging around and contributing more as it seems like a pretty awesome and helpful forum!

Hupya
    Steps are all over the place, read the first post again in details including FAQ. Go with the QC plan.

Steps should be as follows if you want to keep your existing number.

1) open a brand new line preferable QC number if not then AB number is fine
    2) go home setup your koodo self serve, change the acquired number to QC if AB number was activated.
    3) once your billing cycle changes, change your plan on the new line to the QC 6GB plan
    4) port your original number (the 587 number that you want to keep) to koodo prepaid-you will need a prepaid sim card as well.
    5) finally port your prepaid original number to the QC number/plan that you just setup..

Good luck!

Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    Or you could do it in 2steps
    1) Go to best buy and signup for a QC number + QC 7GB plan (secret plan not on website which is $54/month with discount for first 6months)
    2) Port in your local number from the online portal

FYI I just did step 1 yesterday. Will do step 2 soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coughee View Post
    Or you could do it in 2steps
    1) Go to best buy and signup for a QC number + QC 7GB plan (secret plan not on website which is $54/month with discount for first 6months)
    2) Port in your local number from the online portal

FYI I just did step 1 yesterday. Will do step 2 soon.
    Not everyone is as lucky as you nor all the best-buys are as generous! but thanks for the tip, people can certainly try and see if it works...otherwise the regular option is there...

Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    I noticed that I have a few addon options for my QC plan that are $0 and have cool sounding titles. There are no descriptions available so I was wondering if anyone has tried the international voice roam or data roam addons? Would i get free unlimited international voice+data roaming if i enabled these?

Name:  3cuAsDR56vhH.png
Views: 222
Size:  256.3 KB

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast