Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: How to obtain the Koodo, out of province, QC promo plans

Device(s)
    BB Bold2 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Robbers... err Rogers I mean
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting the instructions! Got it to work!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KM626 View Post
    Holy I haven't logged onto HoFo in forever!

Anyways, someone had come up with this idea on RFD and I made a list of clear instructions for those who want to change their number from an ON number to a QC number without calling Koodo. I cannot take credit for this idea!

I posted these instructions in the RFD thread for those who think the loophole is closed. Not all hope is lost yet, and I'm currently awaiting my billing cycle to end, so please keep that in mind that this is not 100% working until I can confirm it in a few days when I go to port my number. I've heard issues with getting the submit button to work when porting the ON number in, but thinking if I can find the link to get to the old interface, maybe that might work better.

Here's the instructions for new Postpaid accounts:

1) Login to Koodo Self Serve
    2) Go to Mobile Services > Track Phone Repair
    3) Copy and paste the following link into your browser after doing Step 2
    4) Pick your QC Number
    5) Done! Now you wait, like I am now

TIPS:
    - Do these steps in order and it'll work, unless they patch it in the near future. If you're going to do it, now's the time IMO.
    - If you get "Page has expired", you're doing it wrong. Try again, and follow the steps in order again.
    - When you Click "Track Phone Repair", you may see a tab that says "Change Number" to the left of the screen. DO NOT click that, only copy and paste the link, otherwise it will redirect you to Koodo's new layout and you'll have to start over.

Hopefully this helps someone, and hopefully this is another way around.

Please let us know if you can still port ON# back in. I'm waiting for the bill cycle to end as well.

Feedback Score
    My new billing cycle will begin tomorrow. Have QC # already will, try to sign in for 6GB plan and port my ON number

Feedback Score
    I got in on the SK/MB plan years ago. I got my wife in on it as well. Since then I have gotten a few friends, father and sister onto the QC plan last winter.

Right now looking to get my mom onto it, the new menu makes it a bit difficult, but the work-around listed above seems to have worked for getting a QC number, I'll update by the weekend, billing cycle resets on the 10th. I'll be choosing the new plan on saturday, I'll let you know how it goes.

Feedback Score
    It worked for me.
    I got koodo post-paid sim on Nov 2nd, switched to QC number the same day. Was waiting till Nov 8 for new billing cycle. Right after midnight changed the plan to 6GB and was able to port my number using selfserve without any copy/paste etc.
    When tried to insert back my Sim from Virgin, it is still working, should it be like that? For how long it will work? My Virgin acc is still active and showing my ported number, should it be like that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobitto View Post
    It worked for me.
    I got koodo post-paid sim on Nov 2nd, switched to QC number the same day. Was waiting till Nov 8 for new billing cycle. Right after midnight changed the plan to 6GB and was able to port my number using selfserve without any copy/paste etc.
    When tried to insert back my Sim from Virgin, it is still working, should it be like that? For how long it will work? My Virgin acc is still active and showing my ported number, should it be like that?
    Yes, it is usually like that for about 15-20 min. After that it should start to work on Koodo network. Is it working now?

Feedback Score
    Yes, works fine. About 15 minutes after my night post I got a message from koodo "..welcome to koodo..." and bla bla bla. This morning my virgin acc became inactive. Now wondering how should I pay the remaining balance I have there.
    Thank you guys, hope it will last long. 6GB would be enough for next 2-3 years based on my current use.

Feedback Score
    Quick question:

My ex-wife and I are currently on the $56 8GB and $49 6GB rate plans on one single account in my name. We are currently going through divorce, and I was hoping to complete a Transfer of Financial Responsibility, but am concerned that simply calling into the Koodo call centre would attract attention to my account that I don't want? Any thoughts or suggestions on this from the mobile community?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KM626 View Post
    Holy I haven't logged onto HoFo in forever!

Anyways, someone had come up with this idea on RFD and I made a list of clear instructions for those who want to change their number from an ON number to a QC number without calling Koodo. I cannot take credit for this idea!

I posted these instructions in the RFD thread for those who think the loophole is closed. Not all hope is lost yet, and I'm currently awaiting my billing cycle to end, so please keep that in mind that this is not 100% working until I can confirm it in a few days when I go to port my number. I've heard issues with getting the submit button to work when porting the ON number in, but thinking if I can find the link to get to the old interface, maybe that might work better.

Here's the instructions for new Postpaid accounts:

1) Login to Koodo Self Serve
    2) Go to Mobile Services > Track Phone Repair
    3) Copy and paste the following link into your browser after doing Step 2: https://secure.koodomobile.com/selfs...umberChange.do
    4) Pick your QC Number
    5) Done! Now you wait, like I am now

TIPS:
    - Do these steps in order and it'll work, unless they patch it in the near future. If you're going to do it, now's the time IMO.
    - If you get "Page has expired", you're doing it wrong. Try again, and follow the steps in order again.
    - When you Click "Track Phone Repair", you may see a tab that says "Change Number" to the left of the screen. DO NOT click that, only copy and paste the link, otherwise it will redirect you to Koodo's new layout and you'll have to start over.

Hopefully this helps someone, and hopefully this is another way around.
    Instead of copying and pasting the link for step 3, I just clicked "changed number" under the mobile phone tab and it seems to have work.

Device(s)
    Next Big Thing is Here
    Carrier(s)
    ell tabadorr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyzeller View Post
    Quick question:

My ex-wife and I are currently on the $56 8GB and $49 6GB rate plans on one single account in my name. We are currently going through divorce, and I was hoping to complete a Transfer of Financial Responsibility, but am concerned that simply calling into the Koodo call centre would attract attention to my account that I don't want? Any thoughts or suggestions on this from the mobile community?
    Are you the account holder? If you are then why not get your ex wife to open a new account under her name. Go through the steps on the first page and port her number over.

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 9300
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    Some people just don't take advice to stay low when you have one of these plans.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Maybe he is from Quebec and has a 8GB plan and just had his browser just defaulted to Ontario.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barter View Post
    Maybe he is from Quebec and has a 8GB plan and just had his browser just defaulted to Ontario.
    If that was the case, the Koodo Employee wouldn't have written that comment. There was a screenshot of the Billing page that showed the account number, plan details, and a billing address in Toronto. There was also a $15 Tab Charge, so a ~2 year contract. The ****er also deleted my comment: "Do you think that out of province thing, which isn't even included in the service agreement, is going to hold up against the Wireless Code?"

Device(s)
    Note 5
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by agent.86 View Post
    Some people just don't take advice to stay low when you have one of these plans.
    Tell it - never ceased to amaze me how many times someone would post in the previous thread about calling CS to complain about some trivial charge (for which, as in this example, they could have found the answer themselves). Some just don't seem to know how to appreciate a good thing when they've got it...

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast