Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: How to obtain the Koodo, out of province, QC promo plans

Device(s)
    Moto G (1st gen), Galaxy S 7
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andreww1962 View Post
    Ive tried doing referrals twice, once when I signed up my daughter and last week when I signed up my wife. Both attempts failed. I believe they failed because by the time they got around to looking at the request, the origional 416 number had been changed to a 514 number.
    Happened to me with my first referral. Don't use the number you're porting to, use the number you're plan changing with.

Sent from my Moto G using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdguy1965 View Post
    MODS: Why is this duplicate thread being continued? There's already a locked thread with 1000+ posts that addresses all these questions.
    Well, you opened a new thread for a question that was answered before. Why did you do that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Can she return the phone and cancel the tab? How long ago did she get it?
    Damn woman already used the phone for more than 100 mins...LOL

Honestly, if she only followed simple instructions, she wouldnt be in this mess...

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score

15-day returns

Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    [She] already used the phone for more than 100 mins...
    Returns within 15 days are entitled to a refund.

Normally from date of purchase, but for online orders delivery date marks initial possession.
    Date of return (15d) would be date of the webstore email confirming the return request.

It's the service credit that is usage limited.

koodomobile.com/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone
    [email protected] to initiate return of online purchase
    844.566.3697, Tue-Fri 3-9pm ET
    Last edited by pjw918; 09-13-2017 at 09:15 AM. Reason: webstore support #

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    Damn woman already used the phone for more than 100 mins...LOL

Honestly, if she only followed simple instructions, she wouldnt be in this mess...
    1. Where does it even mention "100" minutes?
    2. Phones bought from Koodo (and TELUS) can be returned within 15 days (30 days for TELUS Web Store) regardless of usage.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless Canada
    Feedback Score
    Hi everyone. I am a bit late to the party. Unfortunately, I am having to deal with the death of an immediate family member and all sorts of paperwork. As such, I don't have much opportunity to read over the main thread.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough and send me a PM with idiot proof instructions on obtaining the $49 6 GB QC plan online? I am in BC and I am on Rogers. I wish to continue using my Rogers BC number.

Much thanks in advance.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GVRD777 View Post
    ...As such, I don't have much opportunity to read over the main thread.
    Perhaps someone would be kind enough and send me a PM with idiot proof instructions on obtaining the $49 6 GB QC plan online?
    Here are concise directions, from the FAQ on page 1 of this active thread.

To obtain a QC plan:

1) Register for a monthly (post-paid) plan with an in-province number, again this will only work for AB, BC and ON numbers. For other provinces, please read the next section.

2) Go home, register for Koodo self-serve online.

3) Request/change to QC number via self-serve.

4) On the first day of your billing cycle, the system will allow you to select desired QC plan.

5) Afterwards, port your existing in-province number from the other carrier via self-serve **

** You can change your plan, port number or request a new number via self-serve once per billing cycle.

-
    Feel free to ask here if you need guidance beyond those 5 steps.

Condolences for your loss.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GVRD777 View Post
    Hi everyone. I am a bit late to the party. Unfortunately, I am having to deal with the death of an immediate family member and all sorts of paperwork. As such, I don't have much opportunity to read over the main thread.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough and send me a PM with idiot proof instructions on obtaining the $49 6 GB QC plan online? I am in BC and I am on Rogers. I wish to continue using my Rogers BC number.

Much thanks in advance.
    Read post 1 on this thread and you will be fine!!!

Feedback Score
    Wow... I thought it's 30 minutes of usage same as Rogers.... thanks. I will tell her to return it tomorrow. Thnaks

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless Canada
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys!

I'm a bit unclear though on some things. I appreciate if you all have some patience with me.

I think I got it, but I am still a little fuzzy. Let me summarize what I understand and don't:

• Am I to assume that I would ask for a (temporary, but not temporary) Vancouver number at an authorized Koodo dealer, even Walmart?

• At home I sign up for online access to Koodo online?

• After I obtain my access to Koodo online, I request/change my Vancouver number to Quebec via self serve.
    What are the steps to do this?

• On the first day of the billing cycle I would find the plan I want, but how would I find it on their site? Is the Koodo site that user friendly that I can simply choose a plan?

• Once I do find the $49 plan which should be ideally on the first day of the billing cycle, I would also request to port my Rogers Vancouver number over and this will override the Quebec number?

Much thanks!

Feedback Score

How to obtain the Koodo, out of province, QC promo plans

Thanks guys!

I'm a bit unclear though on some things. I appreciate if you all have some patience with me.

I think I got it, but I am still a little fuzzy. Let me summarize what I understand and don't:

•Am I to assume that I would ask for a (temporary, but not temporary) Vancouver number at an authorized Koodo dealer, even Walmart?
    Yes

•At home I sign up for online access to Koodo online?
    Yes

•After I obtain my access to Koodo online, I request/change my Vancouver number to Quebec via self serve.
    What are the steps to do this?
    Overview>phone services>change number>get a QC number

•On the first day of the billing cycle I would find the plan I want, but how would I find it on their site? Is the Koodo site that user friendly that I can simply choose a plan?
    Yes

Overview>phone services>change plan>get the plan you want
    Just make sure you have QC selected on the page

•Once I do find the $49 plan which should be ideally on the first day of the billing cycle, I would also request to port my Rogers Vancouver number over and this will override the Quebec number?
    Yes

Much thanks!
    You're welcome!

Self serve has pretty much everything available online. If you call customer services for things that you can do online, they charge a fee of $10

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wes786 View Post
    Yes

Yes

Overview>phone services>change number>get a QC number

Yes

Overview>phone services>change plan>get the plan you want
    Just make sure you have QC selected on the page

Yes

You're welcome!

Self serve has pretty much everything available online. If you call customer services for things that you can do online, they charge a fee of $10

Question. How do people get around this?

5".
    Rate plan available for Quebec residents only. Subscribers who move to another province will be migrated to a rate plan available in that province with similar services at the monthly rate plan then available."

Device(s)
    Google Pixel
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayaguy View Post

5".
    Rate plan available for Quebec residents only. Subscribers who move to another province will be migrated to a rate plan available in that province with similar services at the monthly rate plan then available."
    They say that, but they don't do anything about it.

Feedback Score
    I'm in the process of setting up for a family member having joined the MB plan back in Jan 2016 but been a while since I paid attention to these thread. This Friday is the 1st day of the billing cycle. So far I came home with the SIM card and activated a self serve account and changed to a QC number and logged out and back in and the system let me change to QC $49 plan already.

So question, can we initiate the number port from Telus into Koodo on Friday or do I have to "wait 24 hours" and do it on Saturday as we already have the $49 plan on the account even though we aren't using it.

Next, my family member has a home number on voip.ms and we would like to port this over to the cell phone eventually but I thought it is best that we just port their existing cell number into Koodo from Telus for now so they get back a 416 number (and not a MTL number), but they've had a 905 number at home for a long time so would like to migrate this to the cell eventually. Understanding that voip.ms port may take 1-2 weeks for the port to occur we are thinking about moving that voip.ms account from $4.95/mo to $0.99/mo plan for now until we can plan that number port. Could we initiate the number port for the home number in the next billing cycle or do we have to in fact wait 90 days then?

So sequence has been this so far

Koodo 416# -> Koodo 438# (day 1 of 1st billing period)
    Select $49 plan (day 1 of 1st billing period)

This Friday....
    Port existing cell 416# -> Koodo 438# (day 1 of 2nd billing period??? or have to wait till day 2)

Could we port their 905# home number (voip.ms) --> cell 416# (on day 1 of 3rd billing period???)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayaguy View Post

5".

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast