Feedback Score

55+ plan

For anyone interested... posted on Twitter:

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...limited-55.htm

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score

New T-Mobile Uncarrier on 8/7/17, Unlimited 55+

The new deal will give 2 lines of T-Mobile Unlimited service for $60/month, after autopay, with the main account holder required to be 55+. One line is $50, and you can have a max of 2 lines.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...limited-55.htm

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Looks like a good deal.
    I'm in my mid 30s but Mom is in 70s, and we had been with Verizon for 18 years, until we had some issues earlier this year, so we decided to port over to AT&T GoPhone. Right now it is costing $65 total (a group discounted rate) for two lines with 6GB each (rollover data).
    I had considered going with MetroPCS or T-MOBILE earier in the year, but had heard of horror stories from other people in FL about the coverage and data/voice dropping in non-metro (rual) areas.
    But if we wanted to do this 55+ Unlimited plan, then technically my mom would be the one to sign up for it, as they only check the ID of the account holder. Not sure why...as I'd think they'd want to make sure both are over 55.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was trying to read the fine print but don't see it up anywhere. Is this a max 2 lines? What if one person is 60 and the other person is 50? They only care if it is one person over 55?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Two lines max. Primary account holder is the only one that has to be 55+.
    Make cheap national and int'l telephone calls with a calling card! Click here!

Los Angeles - San Diego - Tijuana / D.F. - Puebla
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / iusacell MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Not a bad idea..
    The only problem is that T-Mobile doesn't work to well where my mom lives and travels around, then there aren't any T-Mobile stores where she can reasonably drive to. Since she sometimes goes to Canada (and probably Mexico in the future), this plan would be perfect her...

Well, as for AT&Ts Senior Plan...that's nothing new, that has been around since the Cingular days....

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm? This might be good enough for me to give up my grandfathered Select Choice plan. $60/mo for two lines. All I'd have to give up is high -speed tethering.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    "Tethering at max 3G speeds"

I assume this is artificlally throttled 4G LTE... but how fast/slow is 3G defined by Tmobile?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    I was trying to read the fine print but don't see it up anywhere. Is this a max 2 lines? What if one person is 60 and the other person is 50? They only care if it is one person over 55?
    As blacksurfer stated, two lines maximum. They don't care about the age of the person using the second line, the primary account holder just has to be 55+. Also, OnePlus is available for the $10/month extra per line, OnePlus International is $25.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    This isn't a bad deal. My guess is most over 55 prob arent mega data users? I know some could be the exception but sounds like a win win situation for TMobile and the customers also

Feedback Score
    From what I read Legere put out, it sounds like he's going after the lucrative, low use seniors from the big two. Seems like a pretty good strategy that will impact their bottom line and effect the quarterly adds also. I imagine that demographic is a real cash cow that has been neglected by carriers. Seems like they are a group that stays locked and loyal, but with enough press might make the jump to T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This is a great deal for those who qualify. Better than prepaid in some circumstances and I can see this luring some of them back to postpaid.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    I doubt the goal is to get the older crowd that's on prepaid to switch to postpaid. Its likely to tap into the 55+ crowd that Verizon and AT&T have right now. Its likely those companies most loyal and probably lucrative markets, as the person above said. This notion that older people are all broke and have to scrape pennies together every month to pay bills isn't really true. The wealthiest age group of people in the u.s. is the 55 to 65 age group. The highest average income in the u.s. belongs to the 55+ age bracket. Its a lucrative consumer base and wise to at least try to get them.
    Last edited by dave1102; 08-07-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    .... My guess is most over 55 prob arent mega data users?......
    I wish I could say that about my wife. Fortunately we're mostly at home and have WiFi access most of the time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I wish I could say that about my wife. Fortunately we're mostly at home and have WiFi access most of the time.
    I think that's a misconception also. The younger crowd im sure uses more data, but I bet the numbers are climbing on what the 55+ crowd use also. What its being used on is likely very different. I don't see the 55+ crowd being huge on Snapchat or Instagram but on news sites, even streaming services such as Netflix sure, why wouldn't they use that. I'm sure the further away you get from 55 those numbers start to decrease drastically, but going forward that should change. When today's 55 year olds are 80 they likely will use more mobile data than today's 80 year olds.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast