Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 55+ plan

Feedback Score
    The plan will be perfect for me and my father. I had the $40 prepaid plan for over 10 years and just this month I decided get the $50 10gb prepaid plan just to enjoy the free music streaming and get a bit more usage out the the MLB games. My dad is still on the $40 prepaid plan. My dad doesn't utilize data much but I sometimes do. Most of the time I have wi-fi access. Except for an occasional game, I really only need data for web searches and a youtube video here and there. Would the speed limits on this plan work for me? Speak plainly, because the speed data people are throwing around is just going over my head.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sonyad View Post
    The plan will be perfect for me and my father. I had the $40 prepaid plan for over 10 years and just this month I decided get the $50 10gb prepaid plan just to enjoy the free music streaming and get a bit more usage out the the MLB games. My dad is still on the $40 prepaid plan. My dad doesn't utilize data much but I sometimes do. Most of the time I have wi-fi access. Except for an occasional game, I really only need data for web searches and a youtube video here and there. Would the speed limits on this plan work for me? Speak plainly, because the speed data people are throwing around is just going over my head.

Thanks.
    Yes it would be fine, as long as most of what you do is over the phone. If you use your phone as a hotspot and connect a laptop to it to watch a game or a you tube video then you may have a problem with speeds, but if you are using the phone for all of that it will be fine.

Feedback Score
    That's a great idea and a good value plan.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I was also worried because I had recently refilled both accounts with Target's discounted airtime cards and I was worried I would lose the balance, but a representative told me they would carry over those funds. If One's coverage is better than my prepaid coverage, I'll be one happy camper.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I live in an upscale community that has a lot of seniors residing in it. In my experience some of the most frugal/disciplined people I've ever met are mature people with money. I've noticed lots of Cricket and Metro PCS branded devices at our HOA meetings. I'm going to share this promo with them since T-Mobile has the best network in our neighborhood and surrounding area as it is.

I'm putting my parents on this plan. Long time coming. Thanks T-Mobile.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Looks like a good deal.
    I'm in my mid 30s but Mom is in 70s, and we had been with Verizon for 18 years, until we had some issues earlier this year, so we decided to port over to AT&T GoPhone. Right now it is costing $65 total (a group discounted rate) for two lines with 6GB each (rollover data).
    I had considered going with MetroPCS or T-MOBILE earier in the year, but had heard of horror stories from other people in FL about the coverage and data/voice dropping in non-metro (rual) areas.
    But if we wanted to do this 55+ Unlimited plan, then technically my mom would be the one to sign up for it, as they only check the ID of the account holder. Not sure why...as I'd think they'd want to make sure both are over 55.
    It will be nice to see ya on the Magenta side of the house. But even if T-Mobile isn't good enough in your area today hopefully soon it will be.

Feedback Score
    So it’s actually $70.00-10.00 auto pay =60.00 for two lines taxes and fees included. Not too shabby. Too bad no kick back not even $5.00 per line would have been awesome.

Feedback Score
    I'm a 63 year old Verizon customer with a Pixel XL. I'm wondering if I could take advantage of T Mobile's "Get Out Of the Red" promotion, have them pay off my phone, and then switch to the discounted plan for us old folks. Wishful thinking?

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s, Ipad Mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    This isn't a bad deal. My guess is most over 55 prob arent mega data users? I know some could be the exception but sounds like a win win situation for TMobile and the customers also
    That and they most likely figure the older crowd doesn't switch often so they are more likely to stay with T-MO

Feedback Score
    I'm sure overall this demographic uses less data, but at least in my family, several folks dangerously don't UNDERSTAND data usage. My mother, as an example, has no idea that the funny YouTube video she found on Facebook is going to suck up 300mb, and can often spike up to several gigs of use per day as such.

Then again, that's exactly where a hassle free unlimited plan will help out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCT View Post
    I'm a 63 year old Verizon customer with a Pixel XL. I'm wondering if I could take advantage of T Mobile's "Get Out Of the Red" promotion, have them pay off my phone, and then switch to the discounted plan for us old folks. Wishful thinking?
    Doesn't hurt to ask. Give them a call and see. Depending on the balance owed, they might do it.

Feedback Score
    This is a smart move by T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Too bad its limited to 2 lines.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Too bad its limited to 2 lines.
    Well, a senior couple could include two "youngsters" by making each senior the principal on one account with a 2nd line.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TimRCM View Post
    I'm sure overall this demographic uses less data, but at least in my family, several folks dangerously don't UNDERSTAND data usage. My mother, as an example, has no idea that the funny YouTube video she found on Facebook is going to suck up 300mb, and can often spike up to several gigs of use per day as such.

Then again, that's exactly where a hassle free unlimited plan will help out.
    One of the articles/press releases I saw stated they would pay the fees for switching for another carrier. Even though it didn't mention paying off the device from Verizon, as others have said, it is worth checking out.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast