Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 55+ plan

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    I'd gladly trade the discounts to be younger, unfortunately I can't seem to find that option.
    True, youth is priceless. Enjoy it while you can.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition, Nexus 7 Tablet
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When I phoned 800-TMOBILE to switch to this plan Monday, the representative said YES, KickBack of $10 for each line applied. I'm on the plan, but found that the representative was incorrect. KickBack DOES NOT apply to this plan. Oh well, I thought I would be paying only $50 per month, since my wife doesn't use more than about 0.75 GB of data per month.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    Yes, postpaid only. Metro released a 2 for 75 plan yesterday though. 2 lines unlimited data 480p video and no tethering for 75 a month.
    I went online and used Chat, the rep stated credit check not required unless you're financing a device. They offered me 2 SIM cards @ 3.99 each which I accepted . When I got transferred to another rep they stated "In Store, credit check only" for this plan. When I get a chance I'll go in to a store for a straight answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    I went online and used Chat, the rep stated credit check not required unless you're financing a device. They offered me 2 SIM cards @ 3.99 each which I accepted . When I got transferred to another rep they stated "In Store, credit check only" for this plan. When I get a chance I'll go in to a store for a straight answer.

The second rep was likely right. Everything I've heard about it on here and reddit say it's a postpaid only plan and you have to go in store to verify age with an i.d.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    The second rep was likely right. Everything I've heard about it on here and reddit say it's a postpaid only plan and you have to go in store to verify age with an i.d.
    I'm totally OK with having to go in store as they do need to validate your age.

I'm not one to ding an 800+ credit score for a cell phone plan.

Metro still has the 2 line, 6GB plan for 65.00 which will be all that we need. I'll just go that route if I need to.

Feedback Score

Metro still has the 2 line, 6GB plan for 65.00 which will be all that we need. I'll just go that route if I need to.

If you go the metro route and are porting in they're offering 100 off devices with a port in also. It makes devices like the k20 moto e4 j3 prime zmax pro and such free. None of those are world beater by any measure but they are decent devices and even if you don't need them may as well take them as a backup or even as a daily. Those devices would all be fine as a daily for most people.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    If you go the metro route and are porting in they're offering 100 off devices with a port in also. It makes devices like the k20 moto e4 j3 prime zmax pro and such free. None of those are world beater by any measure but they are decent devices and even if you don't need them may as well take them as a backup or even as a daily. Those devices would all be fine as a daily for most people.
    I'm actually on Metro with one line and got the free K20. It's a fine phone (especially for free) but I'm an iOS guy. I ported over to give the T-Mobile network another test drive and I'm good with it being my carrier. Although, still not quite as good as AT&T and further behind Verizon (where I use it) but for the money saved I'll put up with some weak areas.

You never know, this 2 for 60.00 plan might cause a response from AT&T or Verizon. I view Legre like a slick, used car salesman but he's right. The carriers have been sticking it to the older customers.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score

From what I've seen, you don't need an 800 score. What T-Mobile seems to care about is derogatory marks, particularly with a carrier (late payments, not paying off phone before leaving, etc).

Feedback Score
    From what I've seen, you don't need an 800 score. What T-Mobile seems to care about is derogatory marks, particularly with a carrier (late payments, not paying off phone before leaving, etc).
    I dont believe that's what they meant. I believe they were saying they don't want the hit against their 800+ credit score for just a cell phone plan. Meaning they'd rather go prepaid instead of taking the hit for a credit check. That's what I took from their comment at least.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    That's not the point.

I find no reason whatsoever to have a credit check ran for a cellphone plan.

It requires a credit card to get the 60.00 price and I can't think of a reason why this isn't offered as a no credit check option.

I did stop by a T-Mobile store earlier and they confirmed that it's a postpaid, credit check required plan only.
    Many of T-Mobiles plans are available as a no credit check option. For whatever reason, this new one is not.

No big deal, for 5.00 a month more I'll jump on the two line Metro plan for 65.00 and take the free LG K20 plus to keep around as a spare phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I dont believe that's what they meant. I believe they were saying they don't want the hit against their 800+ credit score for just a cell phone plan. Meaning they'd rather go prepaid instead of taking the hit for a credit check. That's what I took from their comment at least.
    Fair enough, if that is what they meant. In that case, probably the cheapest pre-paid at the moment, though it is on the Sprint network, is Virgin Mobile's deal where, if you buy any iPhone from them, you get a year of Unlimited service for $1. You can buy an iPhone SE for $279, so you basically are getting a year of unlimited service and an iPhone SE for less than $24/month (though, of course, paid upfront).

I guess Mint is another thought, again, pay upfront but get discounted prices on T-Mobile service. I'd mention the Sprint Postpaid offer of free Unlimited for a year, but again that requires a credit check.

Feedback Score
    That's not the point.

I find no reason whatsoever to have a credit check ran for a cellphone plan.

It requires a credit card to get the 60.00 price and I can't think of a reason why this isn't offered as a no credit check option.

I did stop by a T-Mobile store earlier and they confirmed that it's a postpaid, credit check required plan only.
    Many of T-Mobiles plans are available as a no credit check option. For whatever reason, this new one is not.

No big deal, for 5.00 a month more I'll jump on the two line Metro plan for 65.00 and take the free LG K20 plus to keep around as a spare phone.

Yea I kind of thought it was postpaid only. Thanks for confirming. Metro also brought back the 2gb 30 dollar plan if you use even less data. I'm not sure if they are running the 25 dollar second line promo with the 30 dollar plan ( they are running it with the 40, 50 and 60 dollar plans) but if you use 2gb or less even at full price it would be 60 for 2 lines and should still be eligible for the 100 dollar promo for a device.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    My 60 year old neighbor may Jump on this plan with his wife. They both have TMobile prepaid and are happy so it should be a decent plan for them since it would be cheaper.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    My 60 year old neighbor may Jump on this plan with his wife. They both have TMobile prepaid and are happy so it should be a decent plan for them since it would be cheaper.
    I told friends about this as well. It's an incredible deal for those that T-Mobile service works.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile, RingPlus, Tracfone BYOP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCT View Post
    I'm a 63 year old Verizon customer with a Pixel XL. I'm wondering if I could take advantage of T Mobile's "Get Out Of the Red" promotion, have them pay off my phone, and then switch to the discounted plan for us old folks. Wishful thinking?
    Tweet @JohnLegere on Twitter. I have had several funny and very pleasant exchanges with the CEO himself. He is SO INVOLVED in, seemingly, everything - that you will likely be given the name of someone to contact directly - or even asked to email him directly about it. Given that this is a current promotion, your chances of him responding are very high.

Sent from my LG-H872 using HoFo mobile app
    Self-professed gadget geek, serial phone-tryer-outer.
    iOS, Android, BB10, Windows...it's all good.

Currently?
    Main lines:
    Iphone SE x2, Samsung J7: TMO Select Market Family Match
    Iphone 5s Tracfone

How many active SIMs does one person need?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast