Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 55+ plan

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    I'm totally OK with having to go in store as they do need to validate your age.

I'm not one to ding an 800+ credit score for a cell phone plan.

Metro still has the 2 line, 6GB plan for 65.00 which will be all that we need. I'll just go that route if I need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's funny, my score is about 810 and that's exactly why I don't care if it's 2-3 points. My gf is closer to 840, and she's the same. But, I do understand the feeling that it's not worth it, which is why it's good we have so many choices. I just switched my aunt and uncle over to this plan, they were on a Select Choice plan @ $60 + taxes. Now, they're at $60 taxes included and gain unlimited data for both lines. They only need two lines, so it's perfect!
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 8 Plus, Galaxy S8
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 6s [AT&T] & iPhone 7 [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z915 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    If I didn't already have a 3 line family plan I'd prob look for someone at that age to join with and split the bill 50/50. Heck I'd even do a $40/$20 split for that price where I'd pay the $40 if the other person was a low data user. Such a good price I think

Have a friend I just remembered turned 55 last month and both her and her husband are paying $45 each to straight talk. TMobile works well where they are so that plan could save $30 between the two of them

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Oh and I figure this is a no, but is TMobile letting people that have one line add another line with someone that's 55+ and get the deal, or does the account have to be in the name of someone 55

Feedback Score
    The primary account holder has to be 55+.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    That's what I figured but either way it's a great deal for those that TMobile works well for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    That's not the point.

I find no reason whatsoever to have a credit check ran for a cellphone plan.

It requires a credit card to get the 60.00 price and I can't think of a reason why this isn't offered as a no credit check option.

I did stop by a T-Mobile store earlier and they confirmed that it's a postpaid, credit check required plan only.
    Many of T-Mobiles plans are available as a no credit check option. For whatever reason, this new one is not.

No big deal, for 5.00 a month more I'll jump on the two line Metro plan for 65.00 and take the free LG K20 plus to keep around as a spare phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The credit check is required because of international data (the no credit-check plans don't get free international). I'm not sure your comparison even makes sense. For $5 less than MetroPCS you get access to unlimited post-paid tier service and many perks (Digits, TMO Tuesday, Domestic Roaming, International Roaming, Inflight WiFi, CellSpot Router). You're worried about 2-3 point hit that eventually goes away over the same time you'd pay $60 more every year (which pays for the "free" phone). Not a smart move. Metro is smart if you can't pass a credit check, there is no reason to go with their $65 plan if you qualify for the $60 plan. Plus, for an additional $5 you could get the TMobile REVVL and upgrade with Jump On Demand. It also gives you access to yearly deals like BOGO iPhones and Galaxy phones. You'd give up all that because of a one-time credit check? Unless you're planning to buy a house within the next 5 years, its non-issue.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    The credit check is required because of international data (no credit-check plans don't get free international). I'm not sure you're comparison even makes sense. For $5 less than MetroPCS you get access to post-paid tier service and many perks (Digits, TMO Tuesday, Domestic Roaming, International Roaming, and Inflight WiFi). You're worried about 2-3 point hit that eventually goes away over the same time you'd pay $60 more every year (which pays for the "free" phone). Not a smart move. Metro is smart if you can't pass a credit check, no reason go with their $65 plan if you qualify for the $60 plan.
    You have explained the reasons it requires a credit check and the benefits to this over Metro.

The ability to finance devices and a higher network priority are others.

This may be the one example of postpaid being a much better deal than prepaid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    So TMobile only pulls the credit when you setup the account? What about when a new phone is financed? Is that a new pull

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I'm in. Wife and I are 55+ on VZW prepaid for the last few months. This will save us about $50 a month and no more need to worry about running out of data.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    So TMobile only pulls the credit when you setup the account? What about when a new phone is financed? Is that a new pull
    My understanding is no, they only pull it when you setup the account. T-Mobile uses your payment history when you finance a phone. In fact, even with bad credit, if you sign up on prepaid and make payments on time for a year, they will allow you to switch to postpaid, including financing a phone.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone signed up for 55+? I stopped at the local T-MOBILE store, they told me there is a $25/phone activation and SIM card charge.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Has anybody tried to sign up at Costco for this plan? Do they charge the $25 for the Sim card there?

About two months ago a friend of mine switched from Verizon to Tmobile One plan at Costco and he was not charged for the Sim card.

The Tmobile store wanted $25 plus tax for the Sim card doing the switch over from Verizon

Sent from my SM-N910V using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtdew22 View Post
    Has anyone signed up for 55+? I stopped at the local T-MOBILE store, they told me there is a $25/phone activation and SIM card charge.
    Yes, T-Mobile stores charge $25 for the SIM card -- essentially it is an activation fee and they typically will not waive it.

Device(s)
    Nexus1, formerly a G1
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Yes, T-Mobile stores charge $25 for the SIM card -- essentially it is an activation fee and they typically will not waive it.
    SIM/Service/Activation fee can be avoided (or at least refunded) by buying plan/phones at Costco. Only way to fly, imho.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    SIM/Service/Activation fee can be avoided (or at least refunded) by buying plan/phones at Costco. Only way to fly, imho.
    I was going to mention that but, though I have not confirmed this, my guess is the 55+ plan (subject of this thread) cannot be purchased at Costco. I might be wrong, but last I knew, they also required you to purchase a new phone.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast