Thread: Prepaid to postpaid w/ same sim?

Device(s)
    nokia lumia 1520
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score

Prepaid to postpaid w/ same sim?

Does anyone know can you go from Verizon prepaid to postpaid with a prepaid sim?
    Keeping the same number.
    I switched from postpaid to the Walmart plan when it went to 7gig but the speeds suck.
    1:30pm at 0.15 Mbps that's ridiculous it's worst than go phone when I left that.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets12 View Post
    Does anyone know can you go from Verizon prepaid to postpaid with a prepaid sim?
    Keeping the same number.
    I switched from postpaid to the Walmart plan when it went to 7gig but the speeds suck.
    1:30pm at 0.15 Mbps that's ridiculous it's worst than go phone when I left that.
    Hard to believe the speed difference is that extreme. Would love a side by side comparison if you can.

I’m sure if you call 611 and convert your account to postpaid you’ll be able to use the same SIM.

Los Angeles - San Diego - Tijuana / D.F. - Puebla
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / iusacell MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I recently did that, this past weekend. I already had active prepaid SIM and the Corporate store rep moved my phone number into an existing postpaid account. Kept my SIM card and phone number.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s, Ipad Mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets12 View Post
    Keeping the same number.
    if you are getting those speeds on prepaid, postpaid won't be much better. When i tested out prepaid vs my postpaid line, the differences in speed were very small (often times the same). Seems verizon may just be slow in your area.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    if you are getting those speeds on prepaid, postpaid won't be much better. When i tested out prepaid vs my postpaid line, the differences in speed were very small (often times the same). Seems verizon may just be slow in your area.
    yes the same here. I was on post paid and went to prepaid. I get the same 100Mb/s+ speeds on prepaid that I got on post paid.

Device(s)
    nokia lumia 1520
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    Not really, at&t & verizon are the only choices 1st of all. t-mobile is junk even if they said they upgraded. I tried twice 2 & 3 months after they say they did and got less than .50mbps speeds, sprint is good as long as you don't leave town.
    I was on postpaid and got between 2.5 & 6.00 mbps speeds at the busy times.

When i called verizon to switch to prepaid they told me postpaid is #1 on the cell towers prepaid #2 so I take it most people use at&t and verizon. When it's busy prepaid is screwed even on gophone that's why i left them.

gophone was ok to start with but the last 1 1/2 month i was with them it went downhill. Speeds under 1.oo mbps.
    If prepaid doesn't get any better I'll switch back before the bill is due at the end of the month.