Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Very Poor Data Experience Since The Recent Plan Updates

Feedback Score

Very Poor Data Experience Since The Recent Plan Updates

I've experienced very spotty data performance ever since Verizon nerfed the prepaid plans. It's not always bad, but much more often than I'd like the data connection is unusably slow. I can't get my MLB At Bat app to stream audio, web pages take forever to load or sometimes time out and don't load at all.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Are things better on the postpaid side? I am in the greater Salt Lake City area of Utah, but also had issues in the Los Angeles area too.

Feedback Score
    i get lousy speeds central coast of california. verizon is just another network now. they do offer good value in prepaid considering wifi calling and Volte.

Feedback Score
    The Verizon CSR I'm speaking to over chat is claiming that I can switch back to the old $50/5GB plan and I would not be subject to deprioritizaion.

If true, I would probably go for it. I'm skeptical, however, because before I switched to the new $50/7GB I saw the same fine print about being deprioritzed show up on the old account.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I am in Bloomington, Indiana, my down speed was 24.59 and up speed was 4.67

Feedback Score
    My webpages wouldn't load up on my computer. I have internet explorer, Chrome and Opera Browser. I am on their 50/50 FiOS data plan. I couldn't get any help from Verizon. They only help you if your internet goes down. I had to resort to YouTube Videos for a Chrome fix. I followed the 2 minute video. It got me back up and running again. I guess one browser working out of three is better than nothing. I have to admit my operating system is out of date. I am using an old computer and Windows Vista business.
    P.S. I think he might be referring to Verizon's Prepaid internet.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    nokia lumia 1520
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eysikal View Post
    I've experienced very spotty data performance ever since Verizon nerfed the prepaid plans. It's not always bad, but much more often than I'd like the data connection is unusably slow. I can't get my MLB At Bat app to stream audio, web pages take forever to load or sometimes time out and don't load at all.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Are things better on the postpaid side? I am in the greater Salt Lake City area of Utah, but also had issues in the Los Angeles area too.
    Same for me i live in NE PA. between 12pm and 9pm when its busy i get speeds below 1.00mbps.
    they told me when i switched to prepaid postpaid gets the cell towers 1st prepaid takes a back seat when it's busy.
    if this keeps up i'm switching back at the end of the month and i only been on prepaid 10 days.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think prepaid is getting deprioritized more so than deprioritized postpaid UDP. I noticed prepaid being worse than my UDP line that was deprioritized as well.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    I think prepaid is getting deprioritized more so than deprioritized postpaid UDP. I noticed prepaid being worse than my UDP line that was deprioritized as well.
    I've never seen any difference here in the DC area. Every time I've tested with a phone on postpaid and a phone on prepaid, the results are always similar.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon formerly AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am in the Florida Panhandle for the weekend and can definitely say there is a major slowdown going on to the point of being ridiculous. I brought along a work phone to do some testing of prepaid and postpaid in this area. Yesterday afternoon my post paid phone was receiving about 12.5Mbps down and my prepaid service was barely getting 1.0 Mbps. This morning however really took the cake. I decided to go up to the Dothan Alabama flea market and while there decided to run a few speed test since it was a busy area. Postpaid speed test came out to be 5.2 Mbps and my prepaid phone only got a whopping 0.1 Mbps. To make sure that it was not a phone issue I swapped the Sim cards between the two devices and afterwards still got the same results. Even now at 2 AM in the middle of nowhere my post paid account is getting 49 Mbps and the pre-paid is only getting 21 Mbps. Once again swapped the cards between devices and got the same results. At this point having the extra data is just not worth it and will be getting a hold of customer service to roll my account back to the old plan from before to see if it helps.

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZ
    Feedback Score
    On the prepaid side, I am starting to see some of the slow speeds in Houston. I am seeing pings in the 570s and 590s along with download speed tests less than 0.23Mbps (0.02, 0.03, 0.05, 0.05, 0.04, 0.16, 0.23) all in the past 3 days at different locations in a 10 mile radius. The uploads didn't even register 0.1. When sitting next to a VZ tower, I got 21 Mbps and a ping of 39. Hmmm.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless / Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I have no complaints about Verizon prepaid service here in Northeast Ohio, but a drive up the Ohio Turnpike this weekend was horrible.

Data speeds were SLOW. I have never seen it that slow. It was unusable at times!

Data speeds were fine in metro Cleveland and metro Toledo. In between, it was awful.

I don't know if it is "Vacationland"/Cedar Point/the Lake Erie islands traffic causing it or not.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon formerly AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately for me the rep I spoke to on chat said that I could not switch back because it had been more than 30 days. I will definitely try again with a different person to see if it can be done or if the option is really gone. A friend stop by to visit today who had the original $50 plan that he got back in January and not only where the speeds the same as my post paid phone from work YouTube was screaming at full HD.

Feedback Score
    Are people that have slow speeds on prepaid using the Walmart prepaid SIM plans? When I had the Walmart SIM prepaid plan it seemed like my speeds were terrible. Like I was heavily depriortized. But now I am using a SIM kit I bought directly from Verizon and even though I have a little less data each month compared to the Walmart plan, I seem to have better speeds overall. Could this be possible? Maybe Verizon treats the Walmart plan more like an MVNO and gives a higher priority to its own prepaid plan? Also, the Walmart SIM kit was a gray SIM card and the kit I got directly from Verizon is a red SIM card just like postpaid.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score

Very Poor Data Experience Since The Recent Plan Updates

I'm on Verizon prepaid and here are my speeds, I live in Nebraska so I'm pretty surprised at the results so I ran them again for the second results.Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1502680299.709233.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  228.0 KB.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon formerly AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    Are people that have slow speeds on prepaid using the Walmart prepaid SIM plans? When I had the Walmart SIM prepaid plan it seemed like my speeds were terrible. Like I was heavily depriortized. But now I am using a SIM kit I bought directly from Verizon and even though I have a little less data each month compared to the Walmart plan, I seem to have better speeds overall. Could this be possible? Maybe Verizon treats the Walmart plan more like an MVNO and gives a higher priority to its own prepaid plan? Also, the Walmart SIM kit was a gray SIM card and the kit I got directly from Verizon is a red SIM card just like postpaid.
    I do have the Walmart plan however others that I know that don't have that are experiencing the same speed's in this area. As far as the color of the card is concerned I have a red Sim card as well.

After a few attempts by chat to get my old plan back I decided to call in to customer care. The representative I spoke to said that he has been getting tons of calls over the last couple of weeks about how slow the service had become on pre-paid. Apparently I was his first customer this evening that did not yell at him as if he was the one that slow down their data. Unfortunately it does look as if you only have a 30 day window to get back the old plan if you have switched.

Since go phone does not allow Wi-Fi calling and my apartment is right in the middle of a dead spot for them it looks like I will be making the plunge back into Verizon postpaid. At least they still have the 5 GB single line plan for $55. It was nice not to have to spend so much on cell phone taxes but the savings just isn't worth this severe of a slowdown.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast