Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Very Poor Data Experience Since The Recent Plan Updates

Feedback Score
    No idea if it was a coincidental glitch, But I relocated to Redding CA on the last day of my current cycle.
    My data was less than a half meg at various locations around town. One bar I was in I got 50+ Meg speed.

Tried hard reset of phone, airplane mode on and off, etc etc . No changes.

The next morning,and my new cycle started, at all those same locations I was getting 25-60 Meg speed.

I had 4.5 Gigs of data still available when my renewal date was up.

been fine for a second day now as well, FAST speeds.
    Easily could have just been a coincidental system problem at that time.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Here in the DC area I'm still fine. While I'm not getting speeds over 100Mb/s any more. I still get around 60Mb/s speeds. And there is only one area I run into that is congested now. And that is only because cell towers are sparse in that area and there is alot of traffic on the highway. But it's the same for post paid as well.

Feedback Score
    I bit the bullet and migrated to vzw post paid. I signed up with their 5gb/$55 plan. With my 8% employee discount I'm paying $56 a month total out the door. I couldn't handle the deprioritization anymore. In the mornings, trying to use apps to place mobile orders wouldn't work. The same for mobile ordering after 5pm. I would receive less than 1mb down. It was extremely frustrating not having data when I really needed it or in congested/busy areas. I called in numerous times to vzw prepaid to try and go back to the old prepaid plans. It was a no go. If you don't change your plans to the "new" prepaid plans than you are grandfathered in. If you do change then you are stuck. Needless to say, I've had zero issues on vzw postpaid. No more less than 1mb service. I'll miss my vzw Walmart prepaid plan. But 5gigs for $55 and I know I'll always have data isn't bad either.

Sent from my SM-N950U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Seems like vz let up a little on the diprioritize throttle on prepaid not as bad as before����*♂️ Anyone else experience this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
    I bit the bullet and migrated to vzw post paid. I signed up with their 5gb/$55 plan. With my 8% employee discount I'm paying $56 a month total out the door. I couldn't handle the deprioritization anymore. In the mornings, trying to use apps to place mobile orders wouldn't work. The same for mobile ordering after 5pm. I would receive less than 1mb down. It was extremely frustrating not having data when I really needed it or in congested/busy areas. I called in numerous times to vzw prepaid to try and go back to the old prepaid plans. It was a no go. If you don't change your plans to the "new" prepaid plans than you are grandfathered in. If you do change then you are stuck. Needless to say, I've had zero issues on vzw postpaid. No more less than 1mb service. I'll miss my vzw Walmart prepaid plan. But 5gigs for $55 and I know I'll always have data isn't bad either.
    Thanks for the info. I am the OP on this thread. I also have the Walmart sim. I originally signed up for the $50 5GB + 2GB (Walmart bonus) plan. When the new prepaid plans came out, I jumped on it because $50 would now get me 7GB and the chat rep informed me that my 2GB bonus from Walmart would still apply for a total of 9GB. The move proved to be a mistake because I immediately saw the speeds go to the toilet. After contacting chat serveral times, I finally got a rep that suggested I go back to my old 5GB + 2GB plan, since it would not be subject to the same deprioritizarion rules as the new plans. I guess I got lucky, because she was able to move both me and my wife back and things have been much better. (This was probably within a week after moving to the new plans)

All that said, I am probably going to move to a postpaid plan. It seems that the only plan that doesn't have deprioritizarion rules in the fine print is the Beyond Unlimited plan. It's good to hear that the plan you are on is working better for you. I do wonder if you'll run into any issues since I'm sure the deprioritizarion rules apply in your case.

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eysikal View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am the OP on this thread. I also have the Walmart sim. I originally signed up for the $50 5GB + 2GB (Walmart bonus) plan. When the new prepaid plans came out, I jumped on it because $50 would now get me 7GB and the chat rep informed me that my 2GB bonus from Walmart would still apply for a total of 9GB. The move proved to be a mistake because I immediately saw the speeds go to the toilet. After contacting chat serveral times, I finally got a rep that suggested I go back to my old 5GB + 2GB plan, since it would not be subject to the same deprioritizarion rules as the new plans. I guess I got lucky, because she was able to move both me and my wife back and things have been much better. (This was probably within a week after moving to the new plans)

All that said, I am probably going to move to a postpaid plan. It seems that the only plan that doesn't have deprioritizarion rules in the fine print is the Beyond Unlimited plan. It's good to hear that the plan you are on is working better for you. I do wonder if you'll run into any issues since I'm sure the deprioritizarion rules apply in your case.
    The only postpaid plan that is always deprioritized is Go Unlimited. Beyond is not deprioritized until 22GB, and any tiered plans are *never* deprioritized. You don't need to go all the way to Beyond Unlimited to get top speeds on the network, unless you also need unlimited.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    The only postpaid plan that is always deprioritized is Go Unlimited. Beyond is not deprioritized until 22GB, and any tiered plans are *never* deprioritized. You don't need to go all the way to Beyond Unlimited to get top speeds on the network, unless you also need unlimited.
    Oh interesting! I assumed all plans but Beyond were deprioritized. Thanks for that info!

I assume 8GB is the biggest pool of data you can get to share among 2 lines? Might not be enough for us, but it's a tempting option since my corporate discount would probably apply to that plan (doesn't work for unlimited plans).

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Oh interesting! I assumed all plans but Beyond were deprioritized. Thanks for that info!

I assume 8GB is the biggest pool of data you can get to share among 2 lines? Might not be enough for us, but it's a tempting option since my corporate discount would probably apply to that plan (doesn't work for unlimited plans).
    You can go to XL 16GB, which is $90 before line fees and discounts, or XXL 24GB, which is $110 before line fees and discounts. Both are available only by calling into support, or using logged in chat. Hope this helps.

Feedback Score

Aw man!!! Yes..! I wanted to go back and they said I waited to long to call back. If it was within three months they could switch me back but it was too late. On this plan I'm not deprioritized at all. It's been absolutely great. It's been like VZW Prepaid before the change. If you have a CORP discount, I would recommend going to post paid.

Feedback Score
    You can go to XL 16GB, which is $90 before line fees and discounts, or XXL 24GB, which is $110 before line fees and discounts. Both are available only by calling into support, or using logged in chat. Hope this helps.
    Helps a lot. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    It's been absolutely great. It's been like VZW Prepaid before the change. If you have a CORP discount, I would recommend going to post paid.
    I do have an employer discount. I don't think it applies to the unlimited plans, but maybe it will to one of the larger tired plans available by calling support. I guess it will depend on how the pricing works out whether I go Beyond Unlimited or tiered. The discount page appears to be down right now so I don't know how big of a discount I get or what it applies to.

Feedback Score
    Do they have any plans with 6-7gb that is call/chat only?

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Do they have any plans with 6-7gb that is call/chat only?

8GB L plan. $70 + line fees. Corp discount allowed.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    8GB L plan. $70 + line fees. Corp discount allowed.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app
    Thanks! Appreciate your help

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Is data speed on Verizon Prepaid still slow? I haven't heard about data speed being slow on the MVNOs, and I thought Verizon Prepaid was supposed to be higher priority or at least equal with the MVNOs.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast