Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recommend an AT&T MVNO?

Feedback Score

Recommend an AT&T MVNO?

My wife has been using TPO for the last 16 months or so, but for the last few weeks she hasn't been able to get MMS messages, and TPO support hasn't been able to solve the problem, so we're looking to switch her to a new service. We discovered that T-Mobile coverage doesn't work very well at my father-in-laws house (at least not without band 12), so I'm trying to find an AT&T option instead. She generally uses less than 1 gig of data a month, but I'd like to get 2 just to be safe (or at least unlimited 2g), and unlimited talk and text.
    The ones I've looked at so far are AT&T Prepaid/GoPhone, Cricket, H2O and the new Red Pocket 3gb plan. Does anyone have any recommendations/warnings? AT&T and Cricket have the advantage that we can get multi-line discounts if I switch over in the future (currently I'm 4 months into my 1 year of Mint SIM), and when we get our daughter a phone. Red Pocket might be still be cheaper, even for 3 lines, but I'm a bit leery of signing her up for a year before we know if AT&T will work any better for her (her dad is on Verizon, so I don't know how well other networks work there). H2O I just don't know much about. So, any thoughts? Other MVNOs I should consider (to really confuse me)?

Thanks in advance,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    I think I've read that h20 also has mms issues

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk at&t e-71 sim
    Feedback Score
    Who is your internet provider at home? Comcast/Xfinity customers can get Xfinity wireless. Free voice and text. If she really uses under 1Gb of data that is available for $12. It is on the Verizon network though and for now you need to purchase one of their phones.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from my HTC One X+

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    Thanks, I'll probably rule them out then. I want to keep the switch as smooth as possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mirayge View Post
    Who is your internet provider at home? Comcast/Xfinity customers can get Xfinity wireless. Free voice and text. If she really uses under 1Gb of data that is available for $12. It is on the Verizon network though and for now you need to purchase one of their phones.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using HoFo mobile app
    We're with Charter, so not an option, unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestion.

Feedback Score
    I am using H2O for 3 years now and I've not had problems with MMS on Android phones (Samsung, LG, Pantech, Motorola, BLU, Huawei, ...). I heard that people had problems with H2O MMS on iPhones, though.

Feedback Score
    I have Airvoice and love it. I have had no issues with MMS and the customer service is excellent. That said, I am not sure if their plans match your needs, so I would recommend going to their webpage and checking them out.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    MMS does not work on Airvoice with iPhones.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Need to know what phone we are talking about.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    That's only with iPhones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice1 View Post
    Need to know what phone we are talking about.
    It's an Android phone, so if the various MMS problems are always with iPhone, then we're okay.

The exact phone is an Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3 4.7 (she wanted a small phone)
    Last edited by acullum; 08-09-2017 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Added phone model

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acullum View Post
    It's an Android phone, so if the various MMS problems are always with iPhone, then we're okay.

Then you shouldn't run into any mms issues on any of the mentioned mvnos. As others have said iPhones only have the mms issue.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    What does the AT&T coverage map say about the areas she'll be in?

If you're most interested in the Red Pocket $255/year UT&T+3GB plan, but want to test coverage, you could start with the $29.75/30 day plan as a test.
    https://www.amazon.com/Red-Pocket-Mo...rds=red+pocket

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Pocket-Mo...rds=red+pocket

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acullum View Post

Like I said in post #6, I've never had problems with Android phones since 2013, provided that the correct APN was used. The H2O smart SIM will add the correct APN to the phone, however, you might need to check the APNs setup of the phone to enable the H2O APN. The H2O APN settings can also be found on H2O website.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Check out PureTalk USA - AT&T mvno - mms works with all phones also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast