Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any way to get access to those sweet QC plans?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Any way to get access to those sweet QC plans?

I believe all 3 carriers (Fido included) are offering 6GB for $49 BYOP in Quebec. I'd hate to hop over to another carrier and go through the signup process.

Has anyone in other provinces (BC, ON) been able to call in to negotiate their way onto this QC plan?

Or is there a way to access these plans by signing up online et al.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xTowndude View Post
    I believe all 3 carriers (Fido included) are offering 6GB for $49 BYOP in Quebec. I'd hate to hop over to another carrier and go through the signup process.

Has anyone in other provinces (BC, ON) been able to call in to negotiate their way onto this QC plan?

Or is there a way to access these plans by signing up online et al.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Walked into 2 fido locations here in Ontario and asked to get a QC phone number and they flat out refused. They really didn't want me to do it the honest straight forward way. So I ended up getting a Koodo plan instead.

Feedback Score
    Hey xTowndude!

In order switch to a plan that is only offered in a specific region, you need to have a phone number local to that area. For example, if you want to have a plan that is only offered in Quebec, you need to have a Quebec phone number.

If you don't currently have a Quebec number, you can change your phone number when logged in to My Account on Fido.ca under the Services tab. As soon as that's done, you can change your plan to a Quebec plan, also through My Account under the Services tab.

- Amanda

Feedback Score
    ^Amanda, Have you every personally tried the Fido App to make plan changes?

FYI: it doesn't work nor has it ever worked.

Feedback Score
    Hey jattdesi, are you using the latest version (3.1.2)?

Let us know if you're experiencing issues with this version, we'll look into it!

-Rachel

Feedback Score
    ^Do you actually try things before asking customers to try it. I have the latest Fido App Running on Multiple High End Androids & iPhone 7+. Like I said it doesn't work and never has. Actually did you know the App itself doesn't even have the functionality for a Plan Change. It has a button for a Plan Change & when you click it, it brings you to fido.ca mobile self serve site. Even the self serve site plan changes do not work & has never worked. I suggest your support team try it & see what happens

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I can also confirm I can't change plans via fido.ca either. Just gives an error that something went wrong and "we're working on it".

Feedback Score
    ^Like I said it has never ever worked. Social Media Reps tell us what they have been told. They don't test things out. The Plan Change functionality doesn't even exist in the App. It has a button for plan change which brings you to fido.ca self serve.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys!

It should definitely be available through the browser. If that doesn't work for you, we'd be happy to trouble shoot it with you.

You can message us on Facebook here : https://fb.com/msg/fidomobile or send us a DM on Twitter: http://bit.ly/DMFidoSolutions

-Pamela

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fido Solutions View Post
    Hey xTowndude!

In order switch to a plan that is only offered in a specific region, you need to have a phone number local to that area. For example, if you want to have a plan that is only offered in Quebec, you need to have a Quebec phone number.

If you don't currently have a Quebec number, you can change your phone number when logged in to My Account on Fido.ca under the Services tab. As soon as that's done, you can change your plan to a Quebec plan, also through My Account under the Services tab.

- Amanda
    Soooo....getting back on the main topic here...

Is there a reason why I have to have a Quebec number on Fido to get this plan, but don't need to give up my BC number on other carriers (e.g., Koodo)? Yes, understood that retaining my BC number will require a 'process workaround' of sorts, but still, why is Fido not as lenient and customer friendly as the others?

Fido Solutions, is there a way to do this with you guys whilst retaining my BC number, or do I need to move both my lines over to another carrier to keep my number? It's a bit of work on my end (a trip to the mall + 30 minutes of fidgeting with Koodo's web-tool), but I'm trying to see here if there's anything you can do to match the offer and retain the customer.

P.S.: I hope my asking this here doesn't go against the forum rules or anything. Mod, if that's the case, please feel free to remove my post or send me a note asking me to remove it.

Feedback Score
    Hey xTowndude!

We'd love to help on that however this would be the only option available to be able to get this specific plan.

We could still check out your option so feel free to contact us via Facebook Messenger PM or Twitter DM, we'll look into what can be done

- Jallil

Feedback Score

Is there a reason why I have to have a Quebec number on Fido to get this plan, but don't need to give up my BC number on other carriers (e.g., Koodo)? Yes, understood that retaining my BC number will require a 'process workaround' of sorts, but still, why is Fido not as lenient and customer friendly as the others?

Fido Solutions, is there a way to do this with you guys whilst retaining my BC number, or do I need to move both my lines over to another carrier to keep my number? It's a bit of work on my end (a trip to the mall + 30 minutes of fidgeting with Koodo's web-tool), but I'm trying to see here if there's anything you can do to match the offer and retain the customer.

P.S.: I hope my asking this here doesn't go against the forum rules or anything. Mod, if that's the case, please feel free to remove my post or send me a note asking me to remove it.
    The reason you can't get the Quebec plans is because your province lacks any kind of real competition that forces Fido or any of the other ISPs to actually compete. They know this and therefore you will take what you are given and be happy.

Now Hand over that $100 a month for 500MB of data with $70 per gig overage charges and only province wide calling with little else. /S

It's ******** that these providers do this. If they can offer a plan in one province then they should be forced to offer that same plan to all Canadians, but they don't want to actually compete now do they.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    I'd hate to hop over to another carrier and go through the signup process.
    whys that?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Fido will not allow this. For years koodo has allowed exactly what you are asking. Fido blocked exactly this for just as many years. There is no reason to expect that will change any time soon.

You have a choice. Keep over paying with Fido out of some misplaced sense of loyalty. Or leave and get far more value for your money. The best you can expect, by staying with Fido, is to be offered a retentions plan that will still cost you more than koodo.

Good luck.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/6GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    According to the Mobile Syrup article, the Quebec plans are available in Ottawa (since Videotron is in Ottawa). Has anyone had some experience getting a Quebec plan in Ottawa?

If someone from Fido is on here, can you please confirm that the Quebec plan is also possible in Ottawa? Thanks
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast