Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any way to get access to those sweet QC plans?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    According to the Mobile Syrup article, the Quebec plans are available in Ottawa (since Videotron is in Ottawa). Has anyone had some experience getting a Quebec plan in Ottawa?

If someone from Fido is on here, can you please confirm that the Quebec plan is also possible in Ottawa? Thanks
    If you are in Ottawa, I'd say call the local Videotron and ask.
    613-749-0330

Ask if the plans in Ottawa are the same.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/8GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yodas choda View Post
    whys that?
    Because Fido works better indoors and underground. It has a better urban network.

To be more specific, Telus/Koodo's coverage indoors is spotty. Yes, I know about WiFi calling, but in areas where there's no WiFi access (elevators, basements, warehouses (Costco etc.), you're SOL with Telus.

I just left Telus for this very same reason, I'd hate to go back to sign up, because I'd get crappier connectivity. Fido connects everywhere Telus didn't, and it's a day-and-night difference. Might lean towards getting a QC or ON number like the MobileSyrup article from August 23rd suggests.

Will try tomorrow.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xTowndude View Post
    To be more specific, Telus/Koodo's coverage indoors is spotty. Yes, I know about WiFi calling, but in areas where there's no WiFi access (elevators, basements, warehouses (Costco etc.), you're SOL with Telus.
    Where are you located? My experience is the exact opposite. Koodo/Telus has better signal in my home than Rogers. I even get signal in the elevator and underground parking in our building. And it's a common knowledge that Telys/Bell network is generally better than Rogers network.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rido
    Feedback Score

Any way to get access to those sweet QC plans?

Telus sucks for me and I'm in downtown. But that's besides the point. It's a known fact that Rogers has a better network (technology wise) than Telus and Bell, period. If your experience is different, consider yourself amongst the lucky few.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sifatshah View Post
    Telus sucks for me and I'm in downtown. But that's besides the point. It's a known fact that Rogers has a better network (technology wise) than Telus and Bell, period. If your experience is different, consider yourself amongst the lucky few.
    Yeah, agree with this 100%.

Back to topic - I'll try calling fido to see if we can get the plans with an ON number. Would love to see what experience others have had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, agree with this 100%.

Back to topic - I'll try calling fido to see if we can get the plans with an ON number. Would love to see what experience others have had.

fido will not let you have Quebec plans with an ON number, period.

If you have to stay with fido you are best to call and beg for a retentions plan. You'll still pay more than Quebec but not as much more.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    Because Fido works better indoors and underground. It has a better urban network.

I just left Telus for this very same reason, I'd hate to go back to sign up, because I'd get crappier connectivity. Fido connects everywhere Telus didn't, and it's a day-and-night difference. Might lean towards getting a QC or ON number like the MobileSyrup article from August 23rd suggests.

Will try tomorrow.

interesting as my experience is the exact opposite. (downtown toronto)

Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Where are you located? My experience is the exact opposite. Koodo/Telus has better signal in my home than Rogers. I even get signal in the elevator and underground parking in our building. And it's a common knowledge that Telys/Bell network is generally better than Rogers network.
    same & agree
    No loyalty to any canadian mobile service provider

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yodas choda View Post
    interesting as my experience is the exact opposite. (downtown toronto)
    Yeah, me too. For the 15+ years I was with fido, the running joke was that if you couldn't reach me I was probably in the grocery store or at my office. Other places fido had weak or almost no signal: my house (a lot of people for get that below EDGE is GPRS...but I'd get that often), anywhere out of major urban centres or highways). Switched to PM on the public network and it's like night and day. Granted Fido's network was faster, when it was available, but the Telus network seems more available and stable.

Now with Koodo, also on Telus network. Compared to fido, better network and better price. Win win.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    So better to get a QC plan on Virgin or Koodo than Fido for network reasons?
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    So better to get a QC plan on Virgin or Koodo than Fido for network reasons?
    Depends on where you are, where you go and how each network works in those areas.

In KW area Rogers network is not great outside of the core areas, though they have improved somewhat over the years. In areas with a good signal it is pretty good. I find Bell and Telus network to be much stronger, especially outside of the core areas. Their speeds are maybe a little slower in the best case for all. Leaving the cites, I find that once you get off of major highways, Rogers crumbles very quickly.

But it is really YMMV.

Feedback Score
    According to the Mobile Syrup article, the Quebec plans are available in Ottawa (since Videotron is in Ottawa). Has anyone had some experience getting a Quebec plan in Ottawa?

If someone from Fido is on here, can you please confirm that the Quebec plan is also possible in Ottawa? Thanks
    Hey there!

Samantha here

Only customers with a Quebec number and get a Quebec plan.

Hope this helps!

- Samantha

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fido Solutions View Post
    Hey there!

Samantha here

Only customers with a Quebec number and get a Quebec plan.

Hope this helps!

- Samantha
    Why is that?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Any way to get access to those sweet QC plans?

Haha . Because new competition is giving Fido (and the others) a run for their market share in QC, but they're comfortable everywhere else. There's no threat to their top line elsewhere so there's no need to to offer more affordable plans anywhere else. But you already knew that. ;-)

Feedback Score
    Do you believe in magic? If not, you will when freedom starts to seriously compete and Fido starts to magically compete in Ontario.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
    Do you believe in magic? If not, you will when freedom starts to seriously compete and Fido starts to magically compete in Ontario.
    I'm in BC man. No competition for them here so they're not budging one bit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast