Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any way to get access to those sweet QC plans?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xTowndude View Post
    Haha . Because new competition is giving Fido (and the others) a run for their market share in QC, but they're comfortable everywhere else. There's no threat to their top line elsewhere so there's no need to to offer more affordable plans anywhere else. But you already knew that. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was wanting to hear what excuses Fido would provide...
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/6GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sifatshah View Post
    Telus sucks for me and I'm in downtown. But that's besides the point. It's a known fact that Rogers has a better network (technology wise) than Telus and Bell, period. If your experience is different, consider yourself amongst the lucky few.
    From what point is the Rogers network better? I get it they own the entire network unlike Bellus.

I find the speeds with Telus have been well above Rogers, I was with them for 2+ Years, using the same phone and recently made the jump to Telus.

Telus too now has VoLTE, VoWiFi (I use iPhones so it doesn't matter to me because I get it its only available on iPhones).
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rido
    Feedback Score
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't Rogers still have a fully functional GSM network? Yeah it's slow as hell but you'll get network underground and inside buildings on fido/rogers where it would be impossible for telus to have ANY network presence. Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1504956730.471430.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  21.9 KB

Yea it's GPRS which is slow as hell, but remember Telus' network is only HSPA and up and those frequencies don't have the same reach, period.

This is a screenshot from my iPhone7 on August 28th at the Costco in downtown Vancouver. I was at the back of the Costco which I believe is below ground level, and if I'm not mistaken, there's a swimming pool above this part of Costco and a 28-storey condo complex on top of that. I have NEVER had Telus work in this area.

Feedback Score
    ^Bellus HSPA Network is Just Phenomenal. Rogers/Fido needs GSM because there HSPA Network is no where as Good as Bellus. I challenge you to go to that same location where you got GPRS with Rogers/Fido Phone with a Bellus Phone, Chances are you will get LTE if no LTE you will get HSPA for Sure with a Bellus Phone.

Another thing next time you are out of any major city, look around at Truck Drivers, Tow Truck Driver, Highway Cops, Highway Workers, Small town Rural Residents, Canada's Northern Territories etc they will almost always Have a Bellus Phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    If taken on its own Bellus is generally better, but it still has its dead spots (and vice versa). I probably use my Telus service more often than Rogers on a day to day basis in the GTA because it is faster. However, if I had to only keep one provider, looking at coverage, it would be Rogers. EXT is a major value proposition to me, as I know if I'm going into a rural area, I'll be able to use whichever network has coverage/is stronger. There is also still a fairly large chunk of the trans Canada in NW Ontario from past Wawa to near Hemlo that only Rogers/Tbaytel cover, that I have to travel through usually a couple times a year.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fido Solutions View Post
    Hey xTowndude!

In order switch to a plan that is only offered in a specific region, you need to have a phone number local to that area. For example, if you want to have a plan that is only offered in Quebec, you need to have a Quebec phone number.

If you don't currently have a Quebec number, you can change your phone number when logged in to My Account on Fido.ca under the Services tab. As soon as that's done, you can change your plan to a Quebec plan, also through My Account under the Services tab.

- Amanda
    Hi Fido Solutions,

Have you guys changed your mind about allowing customers to do this? I've called 611 three times today and the reps keep telling me that their policy doesn't allow them to assign a QC number to me.

I need to do this with a rep on the phone because I first want to port my current number out to another provider before I get a QC plan. Please help!

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hi Fido Solutions,

Have you guys changed your mind about allowing customers to do this? I've called 611 three times today and the reps keep telling me that their policy doesn't allow them to assign a QC number to me.

I need to do this with a rep on the phone because I first want to port my current number out to another provider before I get a QC plan. Please help!

Thanks
    They haven't changed their ridiculous for years, no reason to expect them to change now. They will not allow you to do this no matter how much you beg

Save your dignity and switch to koodo. Super easy and no more begging Fido for prices they withhold based only on whether there exists a strong and established carrier outside of their cartel.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hi Fido Solutions,

Thanks
    Is this guy serious or is he trolling??
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition

Feedback Score
    Hi Fido Solutions,

Thanks
    Hey xTowndude!

Do you mean that you would like to port-out your existing number and replace it with a QC number on the same line? If that's what you're looking for, it's not something that we're able to do. Once your number is ported out, your line, and, by extension, your account, if that line is the only line active in the account, would be closed.

If you keep your existing phone number, as well as a QC number, your best bet in this situation would likely be to activate another line with a QC phone number/plan.

- Amanda

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hey xTowndude!

Do you mean that you would like to port-out your existing number and replace it with a QC number on the same line? If that's what you're looking for, it's not something that we're able to do. Once your number is ported out, your line, and, by extension, your account, if that line is the only line active in the account, would be closed.

If you keep your existing phone number, as well as a QC number, your best bet in this situation would likely be to activate another line with a QC phone number/plan.

- Amanda
    He wants a Quebec plan with an ON (or other prov) number.

Let's be honest: fido/Rogers could easily allow this, just like Koodo does. Fido/Rogers just takes a slightly more anti-customer stance and forbids it. Completely able, just not willing or allowed.

Doesn't feel better when we're honest?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hey xTowndude!

- Amanda
    Excellent, thanks Amanda. I was thinking about this route earlier, seems like that's the route I'll take. I'll activate a new line with a QC plan and port out my current number from the existing line once I get the SIM with the QC number.

As Ceredon said in his response, a lot of us are very disappointed at Fido for not allowing us to retain our in-Province number like Koodo does. We all know that it is possible for you guys to offer it, however, your corporate policy / unwillingness to offer this frustrates your customers to say the least.

That being said, I'm not looking to switch mobile providers at this stage, am happy with the network coverage Fido provides in my city and am trying to put together a voip solution (with help from other resources on HoFo) that allows me to park my Vancouver number on another service and call/SMS forward to my cell service with Fido on the $56 8GB Quebec plan, to remain reachable to those who don't have unlimited country-wide calling.

I will stay with you guys, but only until my work around remains viable. If Koodo begins supporting WiFi calling on the iPhone and there's an 8GB/$56 offer on the table, I will make the switch.

Thanks again for your help thus far.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Excellent, thanks Amanda. I was thinking about this route earlier, seems like that's the route I'll take. I'll activate a new line with a QC plan and port out my current number from the existing line once I get the SIM with the QC number.

As Ceredon said in his response, a lot of us are very disappointed at Fido for not allowing us to retain our in-Province number like Koodo does. We all know that it is possible for you guys to offer it, however, your corporate policy / unwillingness to offer this frustrates your customers to say the least.

That being said, I'm not looking to switch mobile providers at this stage, am happy with the network coverage Fido provides in my city and am trying to put together a voip solution (with help from other resources on HoFo) that allows me to park my Vancouver number on another service and call/SMS forward to my cell service with Fido on the $56 8GB Quebec plan, to remain reachable to those who don't have unlimited country-wide calling.

I will stay with you guys, but only until my work around remains viable. If Koodo begins supporting WiFi calling on the iPhone and there's an 8GB/$56 offer on the table, I will make the switch.

Thanks again for your help thus far.
    The only problem with going the VOIP route, as an iPhone user, is your iMessage will be wonky. Your contacts will:
    -Call your current number
    -Text you current number, which will arrive in your VOIP app, hopefully, but not iMessage.
    -Text your QC number, which will arrive in your VOIP
    -Text your email address/AppleID which will arrive in your iMessage

It'll get messy.

Feedback Score
    Hey there, for now we don't offer any QC plans for 613/343 numbers, so sorry about that! Our eligibility requirements are still QC phone number in order to get a QC plan.

- Frederike
    Last edited by Fido Solutions; 09-12-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    The only problem with going the VOIP route, as an iPhone user, is your iMessage will be wonky. Your contacts will:
    -Call your current number
    -Text you current number, which will arrive in your VOIP app, hopefully, but not iMessage.
    -Text your QC number, which will arrive in your VOIP
    -Text your email address/AppleID which will arrive in your iMessage

It'll get messy.
    Yep. I'm aware of the limitations with iMessage. I've been using my AppleID for iMessages since forever so nothing changes there for me or for peeps on my iMessage list.

No need to use a VOIP app because the rest can be managed with some simple Forwarding rules with the VOIP provider.

Text messages to my VOIP number will get forwarded to my cell number. And responding to them will forward my response through the VOIP number seamlessly through my VOIP number. I haven't fully tested this yet, but if the user flow for myself is contained within the native Messages app in iOS, the fact that messages are getting relayed in the backend via my VOIP provider is irrelevant.

Folks can call my Current (604) number (which I will port over to VOIP) and that'll forward over to my QC number.

The only part that'll throw people off is when I call them, because they'll see my QC number on call display, and I'm willing to put up with questions that come up from people as a result.

Some of these use cases are untested at this stage as a needed a second line to test. I'll be getting my QC SIM tomorrow, and I'm still optimistic about this, so lets' see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xTowndude; 09-13-2017 at 03:42 AM.

Feedback Score
    Guys,
    Hereinafter is my suggestion:
    Keep using the Qc # and when you text them all you need is to include a line (you may reach me at my 647#xxx xxxx) Textmeup gives out free#, free text and free incoming call.
    People having Canadian wide calling will call your Qc #
    People with only local call will dial your Textmeup 647#. Big deal!

Daniel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast