Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Any way to get access to those sweet QC plans?

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Personally, I don't think its a big deal to have a QC # and live somewhere else.

Canadians are just whiney about their personal numbers.

Like who cares, its a phone number, people will call you, and you can call them, its a unique number (regardless of area code) that you have.

In the states, there is so much gimmicks as "Local Calling" because everyone has nationwide calling, even on the cheapest $15 plans that some carriers offer.

You can have a number from any area code and no one will ever ask you "Where you from because you have a odd area code etc", The faster we can get over this, the faster we all can start saving money.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Feedback Score
    ^In Canada it will be a long time before Area Code thing goes away because even in this day N age cell phone providers have local calling plans. In the US it's a different story because they have always had nationwide calling on cellular telephones so area codes there don't really mean much, you can move state to state and keep the same number. People are use to that there. I wish it would become like that here too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post

Like who cares, its a phone number, people will call you, and you can call them, its a unique number (regardless of area code) that you have.
    Right on. Nowadays, you tap on an image of your buddy and dial on your cell. Who cares and who knows what area code it is.

Daniel

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtong22 View Post
    Right on. Nowadays, you tap on an image of your buddy and dial on your cell. Who cares and who knows what area code it is.

Daniel
    and if more of us have "any area code" more people will jump on "Canada-Wide" Calling and help us eliminate the "Local Calling / In Zone Calling" Gimmicks.

Feedback Score
    Can one not acquire a QC plan and port-in their Ontario number later? Why not?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sumwhat1 View Post
    Yes, on Koodo. Not on Rogers/Fido. Their system will force a plan change to an ON in market plan as soon as you port.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sumwhat1 View Post
    No. Because Fido hates customers.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/8GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Feedback Score
    Friend is trying to change fido number/plan in self serve. The option to change the number is no longer there. Can anyone else confirm if it's just a problem with her account?

Tried speaking to live chat and they wouldn't change it - ridiculous.

Feedback Score
    Hey kdguy1965!

Amanda here from Fido's social media team!

The option to change your phone number online through My Account has not been removed. Your friend should be seeing it. Are they logged in as the account holder? Are they able to view their monthly bill (this would help us determine if they are logged in as the account holder)?

- Amanda

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fido Solutions View Post
    Hey kdguy1965!

Amanda here from Fido's social media team!

The option to change your phone number online through My Account has not been removed. Your friend should be seeing it. Are they logged in as the account holder? Are they able to view their monthly bill (this would help us determine if they are logged in as the account holder)?

- Amanda
    Thanks for trying to help. Your live chat support people were very difficult to deal with and were refusing to help. I ended up having to call in and be on hold for the obligatory half hour. However it was resolved.

Feedback Score
    I'm happy to hear everything was sorted out, kdguy1965!

- Amanda

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4