Thread: Will Cricket phones work on H20?

Feedback Score

Will Cricket phones work on H20?

I was looking at the Cricket LG Risio 2 & Alcatel Flint at Best Buy website, does anyone know if Cricket phones will work on H20, unlocked or can they be locked & work with an H20 SIM?

With 16gb memory they sound pretty good for the price, fairly good reviews, Risio i think about $30 & Flint about $40.

Does anyone know if either phone can open a port to send/receive MMS even with mobile data off? My Alcatel Ideal does that.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I just switched from Cricket. When I booted my Flint with the H2O SIM, it asked for an unlock code. I had one, because it was activated with Cricket for 6 months. So I don't think you can just open a Cricket Flint and insert an H2O SIM and go.

Sorry.

But the Flint is indeed a mighty decent phone for it's price.

Feedback Score
    I tried it once when I was with (Cricket) AIO. No, my H2O SIM did not work in the Galaxy AMP that's locked to AIO. H2O SIMs should work in AT&T phones, though.

Feedback Score
    Thankyou for the very fast response to my question. Its my guess Cricket wants you to use it on their service for awhile before they'll give the unlock code.

Feedback Score
    Those two phones have larger screens than my current phones. I liked that too...

Feedback Score
    At that time, Cricket required six months to unlock their phones. It was 3 years ago. I am not sure about now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Those two phones have larger screens than my current phones. I liked that too...
    Check Amazon for 5" and larger unlocked GSM phones. Some are about $50. They can be used on all GSM carriers.

Feedback Score
    I really should be researching unlocked phones more. I look occasionally but need to break the branded mindset.

On my way to Rite Aid tonight to study what they have, found a free phone offer from Cricket on the ground & in fine print they said $40/mo minimum qualifying plan so that leaves me out.

The AT&T Maven which could be used with H20 looked good, 39.99.

Simple Mobile phones were on sale, Pixi Avion for 19.99 & a big ZTE z 5 or something, cant recall name but BIG & 29.99 seems cheap. Would run on $25/mo plan.

I like reading specs & reviews so i'll go lookup the ZTE. An unlocked that big would be nice.

🐊 typed on Gator my Cymbal T's 3.5" ittybitty screen 🐢 takes me awhile.