Thread: Can't link target numbers to more than one GV number

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Can't link target numbers to more than one GV number

In the past it was possible to have 2 different gv numbers forward to the same number by specifying the target differently on each account. Target number could be listed as mobile on one gv account and home on another.

Tried doing the same today, but get the following error.

Did they finally close this loophole?
    ====================================
    UPDATE

I should clarify. Target number is listed as a mobile number in the primary gv account. It didn't matter what the number was listed as in the secondary account. The above error appeared.

By changing it to any type other than mobile in the primary account allowed it to be added in the secondary. I don't recall this being the behavior, but at least it still works.

Device(s)
    Too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,
    Feedback Score
    AFAIK, Google Voice has always limited linked numbers marked as mobile to a single GV number. This has been my experience since the transition from Grand Central. Home or Work designations allow two GV accounts to be linked to a number.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I never experimented fully with this as I don't have the need, but one other way to do this (at least under the previous generation of the GV app), was to add the phone to the secondary as a 'Temporary' number, which only worked for voice calls. This is done (or was; don't know if it can still be configured) exclusively by calling the secondary GV number from the desired phone (it could be any type) and getting into the Settings through the audible phone selection menu. This was a feature intended to make forwarding to a phone number that might have been a last minute impromptu convenience, like showing up at a vacation cabin or relative's house with a landline (for instance). I've got it set up with my secondary GV account and it works, and shows up in the 'Legacy' GV interface as Temporary Number. I haven't seen any place for it in the new UI. Pretty limited.