Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Deals on android phones?

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nov137 View Post
    Yes.

Community Manager BHM posted details last week that includes the following:

Additionally, we will continue to sell Android phones on our website, through the fall of 2018. We'll support new Android phone purchases for new customers, and upgrades for existing customers, in national retail locations such as Walmart, Best Buy and Target, through the fall of 2018.

There is a link on the website that lists several phones for sale.
    By fall of 2018 they will change again and allow android phones with lower priced plans.

Feedback Score
    Based on the way the Inner Circle is being handled, it is hard to see how the company can be successful with an iPhone only approach. Users are having enormous difficulty getting phones activated, and resolving problems is extremely difficult and slow. Information is hard to come by and agents provide conflicting answers.

While many will find that an acceptable tradeoff for $1/year service, it will be very hard to get people to accept that for $50/month.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No real new news that I can see:

...But it looks like there could be a problem coming from Virgin's iPhone-only commitment. Of course, it was to be expected that Virgin's decision to offer the promotion exclusively for iPhone users would be met with dissatisfied Android users.

A new report from Wave7 Research proves that Virgin could be pulling the reins on its iPhone-only promotion. Despite heavily promoting Inner Circle online, Wave7 noticed that the prepaid brand has not made use of any TV or radio marketing for the plan. The firm has noted this is "sharply negative on the Inner Circle launch."

Taking a look at Virgin's website, you'd find that Android devices are still pretty much available on the prepaid brand. And even though Virgin already announced that they were an iPhone-exclusive carrier, they still managed to add the new Moto E4 to their device lineup.

The same is true with physical stores in Walmart, Best Buy, and Target, as these continue to sell only Android devices with monthly plan options of $35 for 5GB, $45 for 10GB, and $60 for unlimited. Even representatives from these stores deny they have received training on Inner Circle...

Virgin Mobile: To Continue Offering Android Devices Until Fall 2018
    http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2017...-offering.html

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzLobster View Post
    My wife's ZTE Awe on VM is finally giving up the ghost, and she has no interest in the iPhone. She's also "frugal", so we're looking for something cheap. I'm a little surprised that retailers don't seem to be clearing out the Android phones. Has anybody seen good deals on the "old" phones?
    I’m very late to this thread, but depending on your plan, you should consider moving to Metropcs and grabbing one of their free phones.

What VM plan do you have?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Best Buy has the Moto E4 for 49.99 in Black Friday ad. No fingerprint sensor though on this version.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10754895-be...src=SiteSearch

Description from VM
    https://www4.virginmobileusa.com/#!/...o-e4/features/

Feedback Score
    Anyone know why my dad got an email yesterday which was a preview of Virgin's Black Friday deals for Android phones, yet when we go to the Virgin Website today, they are not marked down anymore than usual? We were specifically looking at the LG Stylo 3. The email he got said it would be $99 for Black Friday, but its still showing $130 .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stljason1 View Post
    Anyone know why my dad got an email yesterday which was a preview of Virgin's Black Friday deals for Android phones, yet when we go to the Virgin Website today, they are not marked down anymore than usual? We were specifically looking at the LG Stylo 3. The email he got said it would be $99 for Black Friday, but its still showing $130 .
    Does the ad say anything about the deal Being in store only or online
    Or both ?? See what the fine print says.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stljason1 View Post
    I wonder why I didn't get an email?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I see the regular price and a promotional discount listed for several phones, and an indication that you'll see the final price in cart.

My one remaining Virgin Mobile account didn't receive an email either. Strange.

Sent from my LGMP450 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Yea, we saw the deals were finally showing up on Saturday. Unsure why they didnt seem to be showing up for most of black Friday. anyways, this email may have only been sent out to those who still have an active ANDROID phone on their account. that would be my guess anyways. I have an Iphone on Virgin Mobile and I didnt receive the email my dad got.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I picked up a Moto E4 last night for 39.99 (no fingerprint sensor). Like my G3 but 8gb is just not cutting it anymore, especially as it's my daily driver. Figured the E4 wasn't going to get any lower any time soon, Already got the VZW version a few months ago, so figured why not?
    Just checked and the VM E4 is back to 59.99 today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2