Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Free HD Streaming Gone

Feedback Score

Free HD Streaming Gone

I was subscribed to the 60.00 unlimited plan so I could have HD streaming. I did not need tethering but it was nice to watch movies in HD, especially when my phone has an HD screen. So, I downgraded to the 50.00 plan. Metro is being penny-wise and pound foolish. They lost 120.00 dollars a year. I know this is drop in the bucket, but if enough other people do this it will cut into their bottom line.

The Uncarrier is looking a lot like Verizon these days.

Feedback Score
    Yea seems they got rid of hd streaming on all of their plans and now sell it as an add-on for $10 a month.

Feedback Score
    The Uncarrier is now the Recarrier

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderer03 View Post
    I was subscribed to the 60.00 unlimited plan so I could have HD streaming. I did not need tethering but it was nice to watch movies in HD, especially when my phone has an HD screen. So, I downgraded to the 50.00 plan. Metro is being penny-wise and pound foolish. They lost 120.00 dollars a year. I know this is drop in the bucket, but if enough other people do this it will cut into their bottom line.

The Uncarrier is looking a lot like Verizon these days.
    When did they make the change? I don't see HD as an add-on. Where is it on the website? Or is it available through the MyMetro app?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMPhone View Post
    When did they make the change? I don't see HD as an add-on. Where is it on the website? Or is it available through the MyMetro app?
    It's under services, then edit add services on the website. They changed it when they redid the plans and started offering 2 for 75 for unlimited.

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Any
    Feedback Score
    FYI, it was never 'FREE' it was included in the plan you were paying for.

Nothing is FREE.

Feedback Score
    Is this retroactive on all customers or are people grandfathered in?

I ask because I switched to MetroPCS not knowing about this change for the $60 plan (I still wanted the mobile hotspot), and I don't wanna feel like I should have switched a month ago.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJoe View Post
    FYI, it was never 'FREE' it was included in the plan you were paying for.

Nothing is FREE.
    Well, you can make the argument that the feature was indeed included free with your plan. Especially since now they are charging for this feature.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakezula84 View Post
    Is this retroactive on all customers or are people grandfathered in?

I ask because I switched to MetroPCS not knowing about this change for the $60 plan (I still wanted the mobile hotspot), and I don't wanna feel like I should have switched a month ago.

Believe it's retroactive. Look on your my metro app. Do you still have the data maximizer feature on there?

Feedback Score
    The Uncarrier is now the Recarrier
    This is why you never make fun of another carrier when they implement something like a throttle or charge for things such as tethering or anything. Even if your carrier offers it, odds are if they see that another carrier can do a throttle or charge for certain features and it doesn't affect their numbers, your carrier will likely start doing the same thing. This is how things become "industry standard". carriers found out they can charge and get a premium for hd video content, now it's industry standard. There is no such thing as an un carrier, there are only carriers and they are all more similar than people will ever admit.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    This is why you never make fun of another carrier when they implement something like a throttle or charge for things such as tethering or anything. Even if your carrier offers it, odds are if they see that another carrier can do a throttle or charge for certain features and it doesn't affect their numbers, your carrier will likely start doing the same thing. This is how things become "industry standard". carriers found out they can charge and get a premium for hd video content, now it's industry standard. There is no such thing as an un carrier, there are only carriers and they are all more similar than people will ever admit.
    Couldn't have said it any better myself.

I definitely don't like that they charge for hd.

Feedback Score
    I don't usually fall for marketing gimmicks like this. I admit that this one falls on my shoulders for being gullible. Free HD video notwithstanding, Metro still provides a good value for me. If I decide I cannot live without HD, I will just pay the extra 10.00 for it. I just watched a couple of YouTube videos at 480p and it is definitely not bad. I did notice that Cricket does not limit (at least not yet) to 480p on their top tier plan at 60.00 per month. I will bet, however, that they will soon follow suit.

Feedback Score
    Believe it's retroactive. Look on your my metro app. Do you still have the data maximizer feature on there?
    I actually got MetroPCS this morning and didn't know about this until I had finally gotten the app installed and couldn't find it (the odd thing unrelated, on Cricket I never got a phone firmware update on my Moto G5, and as soon as I put the MetroPCS sim, I have two updates. One for a VoLTE glitch, and the security update from Google. I guess it's mildly related because I couldn't use the MetroPCS app until the updated were done).

Feedback Score
    I don't usually fall for marketing gimmicks like this. I admit that this one falls on my shoulders for being gullible. Free HD video notwithstanding, Metro still provides a good value for me. If I decide I cannot live without HD, I will just pay the extra 10.00 for it. I just watched a couple of YouTube videos at 480p and it is definitely not bad. I did notice that Cricket does not limit (at least not yet) to 480p on their top tier plan at 60.00 per month. I will bet, however, that they will soon follow suit.
    I just moved from Cricket to MetroPCS this morning for the mobile hotspot on unlimited plan. I am gonna miss HD video, but then again, I wasn't getting great service at work anyways.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakezula84 View Post
    I actually got MetroPCS this morning and didn't know about this until I had finally gotten the app installed and couldn't find it (the odd thing unrelated, on Cricket I never got a phone firmware update on my Moto G5, and as soon as I put the MetroPCS sim, I have two updates. One for a VoLTE glitch, and the security update from Google. I guess it's mildly related because I couldn't use the MetroPCS app until the updated were done).

I'm pretty sure it's retroactive and now affects all accounts old and new. I think the o.p. is a long time metro user and they lost the hd video content without the add-on

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast